Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider The Last Revelation (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The tomb4 project (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=227037)

.snake. 02-06-22 18:34

I was actually wondering why this always happens in TRLE levels that use the ring inventory, and thought it just an automatic part of the plugin? Or maybe it can be adjusted?

I personally prefer how in TR4 the object slides in and out of frame as it does it’s rotation vs the fade-in/fade-out since this often shows strange faces to the objects mesh.

LateRaider 02-06-22 19:04

[QUOTE=Vitin_96;8358054]Cool splash screens! No problem.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the kind words, Vitin. :)

[QUOTE=LateRaider;8357974]i whipped up some quick legal splash screens

Download them from here: [url]https://www.mediafire.com/file/6d7dccyst71m1y8/TRIV_and_TimesLvl_splashscreens.zip/file[/url]

These are at 4:3. Rename them uk.bmp for them to work. Also includes a Times Level splash screen with the US logo.

If you wanted to make them 16:9, be sure to save them as 24-bit Bitmaps in MS Paint for them to work, and name them uk.bmp. They go at the root game folder, e.g. "C:\GOG Games\Tomb Raider 4".[/QUOTE]
These are updated now.

There is also a UK-logo TRIV and TLR in there (also at 4:3), but I don't care much about it lol

.snake. 02-06-22 23:50

^ These are so beautiful. :cln:

What can I do to talk you into making one with the German logo of the game? :pi:

It's the one with the Roman Numeral IV.

.snake. 02-06-22 23:52

*Double post, sorry*

LateRaider 03-06-22 01:57

Yeah, sure. Here, downloadable from the same link as above

.snake. 03-06-22 04:44

Beautiful!!! Thank you so much! :D :tmb:

ATombRaiderFan 03-06-22 09:51

Thank you LateRaider for making the splash screen, it's nice to have a logo instead of a blank loading screen on startup :)

BTW Troye, I wanted to ask if you're aware of the bug when the flare stops working in Temple of Horus, this happens after Lara exits the 2nd scale room and won't work again until the boss battle starts. I've figured it's an OG bug because it's also mentioned in Stella's guide. Would you be able to fix it?

Kirishima 06-06-22 00:53

[QUOTE=Joey79100;8358060]This is because of the aspect ratio isn't it? I remember it looking like PSX when playing in 4:3 a long time ago.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much. Widescreen wasn't widely available at the time IIRC. Resolution [I]probably[/I] also has something to do with it since the game didn't like being played at anything higher than 640x480 unmodded. Speaking of collecting items, the only thing about them I'd like fixed is that weird after image of the item that's usually solid black, but sometimes other colors. Doesn't show up in software mode.

Woops 08-06-22 06:39

[QUOTE=ATombRaiderFan;8358165]Thank you LateRaider for making the splash screen, it's nice to have a logo instead of a blank loading screen on startup :)

BTW Troye, I wanted to ask if you're aware of the bug when the flare stops working in Temple of Horus, this happens after Lara exits the 2nd scale room and won't work again until the boss battle starts. I've figured it's an OG bug because it's also mentioned in Stella's guide. Would you be able to fix it?[/QUOTE]

yes, Joby forgot to antitrigger his flame emitters ;) there is a limit of 32 dynamic lights in the original. I can safely lift it up to 64 without causing any trouble, it contains the problem in the level. from my tests, the highest number of dynamic lights active in the level is about 45-49, well under the new 64 limit. will be in next release :tmb:

[QUOTE=Kirishima;8358431]Pretty much. Widescreen wasn't widely available at the time IIRC. Resolution [I]probably[/I] also has something to do with it since the game didn't like being played at anything higher than 640x480 unmodded. Speaking of collecting items, the only thing about them I'd like fixed is that weird after image of the item that's usually solid black, but sometimes other colors. Doesn't show up in software mode.[/QUOTE]

I don't directly know what causes it off the top of my head, it has to do with the way the game clears the zbuffer. i.e it's probably wedged deep in the renderer. I will look into it but it will probably take a while before I reach the bottom of it

also, @LateRaider, thank you for the loading screens, they make the game feel more complete :)
Speaking of the loading screens, for most people uk.bmp works, but the name will be different for each language of the game, here is a list:

-English (UK) and Dutch: uk.bmp
-French: france.bmp
-German: germany.bmp
-Italian: italy.bmp
-Spanish: spain.bmp
-English (US): usa.bmp
-Japanese: japan.bmp

(I personally do not know if the game was actually localized to all these languages (Japanese? I know PSX got one, did PC? my physical JP copy just uses Latin letters iirc, this list is [URL="https://github.com/Trxyebeep/TOMB4/blob/49b17ec98ba3b8a4d5440993c67f308b61647233/TOMB4/specific/output.cpp#L1060"]what the code does.[/URL])

ATombRaiderFan 08-06-22 08:57

[QUOTE=Woops;8358617]yes, Joby forgot to antitrigger his flame emitters ;) there is a limit of 32 dynamic lights in the original. I can safely lift it up to 64 without causing any trouble, it contains the problem in the level. from my tests, the highest number of dynamic lights active in the level is about 45-49, well under the new 64 limit. will be in next release :tmb:[/QUOTE]

Thank you for fixing the flare bug, and for giving a technical explanation for why the bug occurs, I find this fascinating :tmb: