Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Which region for the PS2 version ? (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=223643)

dg1995 06-11-19 21:24

Which region for the PS2 version ?

So which region of this game's PS2 version was better ?

Did the PAL version have less bugs due to this that it was released 13 days later than the NTSC version ?

Another question I have is this that did this game ever had a greatest hit rerelease ? (Which some games of that era like GTA SA had on PS2 which fixed some bugs of the previous versions)

_Seth 06-11-19 23:05

I'm not sure which was better, but I'll dispel a myth that circulates: The European Platinum disc is not a patched version. It uses the same master file, as confirmed by the Mastering Manager jaywalker who I asked about this years ago.

Boobandie 06-11-19 23:48

[QUOTE=_Seth;8149659]I'm not sure which was better, but I'll dispel a myth that circulates: The European Platinum disc is not a patched version. It uses the same master file, as confirmed by the Mastering Manager jaywalker who I asked about this years ago.[/QUOTE]

Weird, I don't get any of the glitches in it that I used to get in my old unpatched PC copy. The PS2 Platinum disc has been entirely stable in my experience, no wonder we thought it might be a patched version.

Samz 07-11-19 09:53

[QUOTE=Boobandie;8149674]Weird, I don't get any of the glitches in it that I used to get in my old unpatched PC copy. The PS2 Platinum disc has been entirely stable in my experience, no wonder we thought it might be a patched version.[/QUOTE]

From what I recall, the unpatched PC version was always the most buggy version of AOD. (I think its a bit like Rockstar games where they used an old version of the game for the PC porting process.)

Ps2 version had some bugs but was still more stable while the patched PC Version is the most stable.

dg1995 07-11-19 17:39

[QUOTE=Samz;8149806]
Ps2 version had some bugs but was still more stable while the patched PC Version is the most stable.[/QUOTE]
Are you talking about both NTSC and PAL editions ? Is there no difference between them ? I read on the Wiki that PAL version got released 13 days later than the NTSC.(Which makes me feel that PAL version might be a little more stable)

Samz 07-11-19 17:41

[QUOTE=dg1995;8149927]Are you talking about both NTSC and PAL editions ? Is there no difference between them ? I read on the Wiki that PAL version got released 13 days later than the NTSC.(Which makes me feel that PAL version might be a little more stable)[/QUOTE]

Its not too unusual for that since different refresh rates/slight difference in how words are spelt.

Probably not enough to slap any fixes in it, most differences of this kind tend to have months between the NTSC/PAL editions to my knowledge.

dg1995 08-11-19 19:17

Thanks for the answers. So patched PC version is the most stable one..

SrDanielPonces 08-11-19 22:27

I honestly have no issues with my PS2 PAL version.
However, I've heard stories of some people playing the release PS2 version and having the game crash at strahov fortress

Boobandie 09-11-19 02:50

[QUOTE=dg1995;8150269]Thanks for the answers. So patched PC version is the most stable one..[/QUOTE]

Technically yes, but you should download the fanmade patches available on here as well. There are ones that fix a lot of graphical glitches in the level meshes, tune up the controls a bit, and in some cases restore beta content like Lara's sunglasses. Things which Core probably would have done with a few extra months.

Caesum 09-11-19 10:29

Personally I had the least amount of bugs when playing PS2 EU PAL version of the game. The game never crashed or anything for me. It also lacked all the graphical glitches the PC version had.