www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider III (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   TR3 Appreciation Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=223046)

dudedudu 09-08-21 19:55

TR3 was my very first experience ever with Tomb Raider.
I'll never stop admiring this one. The ambiences, the soundtrack, I don't have anymore words that could describe the brilliant work!

Greenapple968 10-08-21 11:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudedudu (Post 8314579)
TR3 was my very first experience ever with Tomb Raider.
I'll never stop admiring this one. The ambiences, the soundtrack, I don't have anymore words that could describe the brilliant work!

TR1 was my first experience, then it was TR2 and TR3. Even though TR1 was my first experience, TR3 is my favourite TR game.

dudedudu 10-08-21 13:45

I just hope one day I could have more time to finally dive into Level Editor. Unite the game design with my little musical knowledge, inspired mainly by the overall aesthetics of the TR3.

lance6439 07-11-21 01:59


Celephais 07-11-21 08:30

I completed TR 3 a couple of days ago. I'd finished it many years ago but I recently started to replay the classics.

I'd say it's my second favourite after TR2. The story line is interesting, the music was great, the new graphics added atmosphere, and honestly I can't think of any other game with such a huge variety in levels. From being a prisoner in a high security compound to being in an abandoned underground station, to unplugging giant sinks in the South Pacific, to split second swims to submersibles in freezing Antarctic water. It really is amazingly diverse. I was never that keen on the new crouch ability to be honest, but the monkey swinging was a great addition.

But's it's definitely too hard. Even after completing TR 2 (itself a pretty difficult game) I found myself having to resort to walkthroughs to understand what to do. Some of the difficulty is in level design- the Masonic temple and it's maze of closing doors is a good example. Or the Crash Site thing with blowing away parts of the wall with the heavy weapon. Very hard to figure out. Admittedly some parts that I initially thought unfair, like the penny ticket booth on Aldych just require attention to detail, (The penny ticket booth has "1"written on it, all the other booths have "2".) Other things like the underwater blades in Lost City of Tinnos are just extremely hard to get the timing right. And that's with the PC version,l where you could save anywhere. I can't imagine anyone finishing the Playstation version with it's limited save crystal.

So after the incredible difficulty of TR 3, Eidos released the even harder TR 4:D

I know some people bemoan the lack of tombs in TR 2 and TR 3 but it wasn't that big a deal to me. TR 2 was my first experience and that's what I subconsciously expect TR to be like. But I can understand why some people who played TR 1 first might complain about the lack of tombs.

kaztor 21-12-21 20:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoomTraider (Post 8270175)
I've been playing the game (currently on RX Tech Mines) and does anyone else just really hate South Pacific???

Nasty traps, questionable depictions of Melanesian people (although it was the 90s I guess), no charm to the levels...

Saying that, I think Nevada might be my favourite location in the first 3 games. Amazing music, scenery, tense, atmospheric!

Nah Shes being seen as an intruder, basically.
People take things too seriously these days, imo.

piano_raider 31-12-21 15:29

Hello there!

Made some renders in Blender - Im no expert, but it was fun :) Maybe anyone recognizes the sceneries? ;)

https://abload.de/img/render_cycles_155zjx5.jpg

https://abload.de/img/render_163jel.jpg

https://abload.de/img/highland_reder_3lgjwy.jpg

https://abload.de/img/rendered_2hzj5u.jpg

Happy new year to all of you :grouphug:

TRExpertgamer 31-12-21 15:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by piano_raider (Post 8337742)
Hello there!

Made some renders in Blender - Im no expert, but it was fun :) Maybe anyone recognizes the sceneries? ;)

https://abload.de/img/render_cycles_155zjx5.jpg

https://abload.de/img/render_163jel.jpg

https://abload.de/img/highland_reder_3lgjwy.jpg

https://abload.de/img/rendered_2hzj5u.jpg

Happy new year to all of you :grouphug:

Wow!!! You did great to make those renders!!! They look very amazing!!! :D And happy new year to you too!!!:cool:

Delamo1999 31-01-22 16:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celephais (Post 8329552)
I completed TR 3 a couple of days ago. I'd finished it many years ago but I recently started to replay the classics.

I'd say it's my second favourite after TR2. The story line is interesting, the music was great, the new graphics added atmosphere, and honestly I can't think of any other game with such a huge variety in levels. From being a prisoner in a high security compound to being in an abandoned underground station, to unplugging giant sinks in the South Pacific, to split second swims to submersibles in freezing Antarctic water. It really is amazingly diverse. I was never that keen on the new crouch ability to be honest, but the monkey swinging was a great addition.

But's it's definitely too hard. Even after completing TR 2 (itself a pretty difficult game) I found myself having to resort to walkthroughs to understand what to do. Some of the difficulty is in level design- the Masonic temple and it's maze of closing doors is a good example. Or the Crash Site thing with blowing away parts of the wall with the heavy weapon. Very hard to figure out. Admittedly some parts that I initially thought unfair, like the penny ticket booth on Aldych just require attention to detail, (The penny ticket booth has "1"written on it, all the other booths have "2".) Other things like the underwater blades in Lost City of Tinnos are just extremely hard to get the timing right. And that's with the PC version,l where you could save anywhere. I can't imagine anyone finishing the Playstation version with it's limited save crystal.

So after the incredible difficulty of TR 3, Eidos released the even harder TR 4:D

I know some people bemoan the lack of tombs in TR 2 and TR 3 but it wasn't that big a deal to me. TR 2 was my first experience and that's what I subconsciously expect TR to be like. But I can understand why some people who played TR 1 first might complain about the lack of tombs.

I love this game! It has many tricky parts that I had to do over many times, like several timed doors. I got stuck in a long waterway that I had to redo too many times to count. However, the raptor fight with the rocket launcher is so fun! The places we get to go to are amazing! How about seeing an alien in a lab? Incredible! The boss fights rock, including the statues that come to life in India. I could go on and on about how great this game is. Let's keep this thread alive.

Delamo1999 31-01-22 16:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenapple968 (Post 8314686)
TR1 was my first experience, then it was TR2 and TR3. Even though TR1 was my first experience, TR3 is my favourite TR game.



I can't wait until they remake TRIII! This game rocks and it is a new adventure each time I play it. Sure I get stuck at timed doors, but the experience is amazing! I plan to play this game again after I finish this time.


All times are GMT. The time now is 19:30.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.