www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Chronicles (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Tomb Raider: Chronicles UNappreciation thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=223765)

TR-Freak 25-08-21 11:04

It was an Irish Island

Frceghst8 27-08-21 00:30

Thanks TR-Freak. TR 1-3 rules!

snacky 17-09-21 18:40

I saw a weird thing happen in one of the cutscenes in Ireland. A bunch of those demon baby things was approaching Lara from behind and she turns around and throws the torch at them, which would make sense if the torch was lit but in this case it wasn't. So she effectively just threw a wooden stick at them and this somehow scared them away...

LCEF (CA) 17-09-21 19:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by snacky (Post 8320974)
I saw a weird thing happen in one of the cutscenes in Ireland. A bunch of those demon baby things was approaching Lara from behind and she turns around and throws the torch at them, which would make sense if the torch was lit but in this case it wasn't. So she effectively just threw a wooden stick at them and this somehow scared them away...

She is not throwing the bell thing she picked up earlier ? Demons hate iron, as the priest sais in the cutscene where he spoke to the creature in the hole. But yeah, sadly devs may have forgotten to put a nice metal sound when the object hits the ground

snacky 18-09-21 22:21

Hmm yeah, I think you're right. It's the iron clapper from the bell. That makes sense. It looks so much like the torch, and it bounces around on the ground as if it's made of something much lighter than iron!

.snake. 19-09-21 00:31

I mean, it is called the 'iron clapper' in her inventory. It's just a not-so-obvious pickup item, and when you first see it lying on the ground, by the broken bells, it does look like TR4/5's usual torch mesh. But when you pick it up, it's in Lara's inventory rather than being a part of her hand mesh like the torch usually is. And you can't light it either... and actually, you even have to find a torch in that level in order to burn the heart out of the tree.

Plus, if you don't pick up the clapper, the demon babies won't actually let you progress later on. Instead of a cutscene playing of Lara throwing the clapper at them, making some of them burst into dust, a different cutscene plays where they all jump on her. She doesn't die though; the cutscene just keeps repeating until you finally backtrack to find the clapper.

So you have to have that item in your inventory in order to progress. It is a bit confusing how Core structured that level, but I guess it's more confusing if you're only watching the cutscenes online rather than playing the actual game?

dcw123 19-09-21 17:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by .snake. (Post 8321132)
Plus, if you don't pick up the clapper, the demon babies won't actually let you progress later on. Instead of a cutscene playing of Lara throwing the clapper at them, making some of them burst into dust, a different cutscene plays where they all jump on her. She doesn't die though; the cutscene just keeps repeating until you finally backtrack to find the clapper.

So you have to have that item in your inventory in order to progress. It is a bit confusing how Core structured that level, but I guess it's more confusing if you're only watching the cutscenes online rather than playing the actual game?

How did I never discover this? Thats awesome - might have to try this next time I play TRC :)

.snake. 19-09-21 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcw123 (Post 8321219)
How did I never discover this? Thats awesome - might have to try this next time I play TRC :)

It can probably be found on YouTube, but I wonít spoil it by posting it here. Itís definitely worth re-playing Chronicles just for that cutscene because itís one of the funniest things Core ever animated. Just avoid picking up the clapper and come back for it later... :D