www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Chronicles (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Deleted VCI cutscene (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=225951)

Woops 11-04-21 17:55

Deleted VCI cutscene

I recently found this delete cutscene in the "Security Breach" level in TR5. originally this level only plays one long cutscene ingame, but it has some deleted content.

The cutscene:

And some might remember they've seen the animation before, yes, you have! they reworked the animation into a cutscene played in the title, but it's a little different.

Here's a small video comparison, made by jonathanrij:

I haven't seen this before anywhere, so I thought I'd share :)

klona 11-04-21 19:03

great find! :D
such a shame they didnt use it :(

SrDanielPonces 12-04-21 04:10

well at least originally he wasn't going to be burned alive lmfao

CircusBabysGal 12-04-21 09:03

I wish they kept this tbh, there have been so many times where I've personally wanted to do this to the VCI Guards, especially throwing him in a fire pit would have been nice.

Wooxman 12-04-21 14:36

Nice find! :tmb: I knew the sound of that cutscene for a really long time since it's still in the game files, but I wouldn't have guessed that it's for an unused cutcscene that still can be activated. :D It would've been cool to have more stealth takedowns. :pi:

Samz 12-04-21 22:50

Lara really fights dirty doesn't she?
I feel kinda sorry for that poor guy, probably some hired Security Guard and he probably had way-too-much time before hitting the ground.

I kinda wish this was still in the game, it'd be pretty cool to see it in action.

I wonder if maybe Security Breach was ment to be a full level now since it seems to have gameplay assets. (We know Russia had a cut level.)

HarleyCroft 13-04-21 01:20

I actually sang "Duh-nah-nuh-nah-NUH-NUH!" when I saw the video :D
It's so familiar except he goes out a window :vlol: I'd prefer that over roasting alive, myself

Listen to him burn! :jmp: Haha

CircusBabysGal 13-04-21 08:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarleyCroft (Post 8292605)
I actually sang "Duh-nah-nuh-nah-NUH-NUH!" when I saw the video :D
It's so familiar except he goes out a window :vlol: I'd prefer that over roasting alive, myself

Listen to him burn! :jmp: Haha

What's so bad about roasting him alive? At least Lara can bring something home for thanksgiving :)

matrix54 13-04-21 19:08

You take on a security job to feed your children, and you stop to appreciate the view at work, and some random woman just comes and pushes you out of a window. :admles:

Samz 13-04-21 22:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by matrix54 (Post 8292731)
You take on a security job to feed your children, and you stop to appreciate the view at work, and some random woman just comes and pushes you out of a window. :admles:

Or get sniped in the head with a HK Gun, chlorformed unconscious then having your neck snapped or shoved into fire.
Yeah Lara's not exactly a good person in Chronicles is she?