Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   General Final Fantasy Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=86691)

RAID 18-02-07 12:48

[QUOTE=Yuna´s Wish;1583058]:p Just a few days anyway :D At least it´ll keep you entertained until Anniversary´s release. I´ve been playing FFVIII, but it´s already finished, and I left Okami without finishing, so I guess that Okami will keep me busy for a little while.[/QUOTE]
This morning I just finished FFX again...I know you didn't expect it :p

Now I'm gonna give a quick replay to X-2 :yik: I know, I know... Hopefully, by the time, I refinish it, I'll have FFXII...

Yuna´s Wish 18-02-07 20:20

[QUOTE=RAID;1584460]This morning I just finished FFX again...I know you didn't expect it :p [/QUOTE]

Not quite :D It was certainly unexpected. You ought to replay FFVIII and IX to compare them with XII (and notice the similarities and differences).

RAID 18-02-07 20:29

Sadly I need to rebuy FF9. I'll get one on eBay. I think I might just restart FF8. Even though I have it on PC, and the sound is pretty lame. Stupid midis...And the game is glicthy like the Cerberus, Bahamut, Alexander, Quezacotl and Eden summons...Heck, I'll buy 8 for the PSX along with 9 from ebay as well :D

Long live 8 and 9:p (Hope to say the same thing about 12 ;))

Forwen 18-02-07 20:31

Yuna's Wish - I was thinking of asking about it for some time... Is Fran worth anything as a character? Has she got any sort of personality, or suffers from all too common "third female" syndrome?

Yuna´s Wish 18-02-07 20:33

[QUOTE=RAID;1585435](Hope to say the same thing about 12 ;))[/QUOTE]

That´s likely to happen. I hope you get it soon :) I think I´ll try to defeat Omega (FFVIII) today...I never fought it, this ´ll be the first time (and I want to win...pretty ambitious, uh?) :cln:

RAID 18-02-07 20:34

He's pretty easy, once you get used to him. I won't spoil the fun and tell you how to kill it, but if you need advice, you know where to find me ;)

Yuna´s Wish 18-02-07 20:35

[QUOTE=Forwen;1585437]Yuna's Wish - I was thinking of asking about it for some time... Is Fran worth anything as a character? Has she got any sort of personality, or suffers from all too common "third female" syndrome?[/QUOTE]

No...that would be Penelo (sorry to disappoint Penelo´s fans). However, the best personalities here are Ashe´s and Balthier´s (though I hate Balthier and love Ashe).

RAID 18-02-07 20:38

Since I know absolutely nothing about 12 (which is a great thing :D) I'm judging the characters according to the first impression i got when I saw their looks.

Vaan: Combination between Tidus:(/Zidane :) (Hoping for some Zell:D)
Ashe: Yuna :o (Alan says Squall :yah: :jmp:)
Fran: Quistis :jmp:
Penelo: Selphie :)
Balthier: Irvine/Auron
Basch: Freya :)

Did I miss anyone?

Yuna´s Wish 18-02-07 20:40

[QUOTE=RAID;1585448]He's pretty easy, once you get used to him. I won't spoil the fun and tell you how to kill it, but if you need advice, you know where to find me ;)[/QUOTE]

Of course :tmb: I think I´ll try the same strategy I used with Ultima (a bit improved). I had a Hero I got from Seifer and used it in Squall, who was summoning Doomtrain for the first time (I had just got it so the summoning was quite slow and the one casting the summon was to be invincible until the process ended). Then, Quistis revived the dead while Rinoa healed the living. Squall attacked and each blow dealt 9999 HP damage. Ultima was a laugh (I remember trying a lot when I was younger). I know Omega is harder because of its Terra Break and I have no Heros this time...though I have Laguna´s Card (100 Heros) and Bahamut´s Card (100 Megalixirs). But I´ll try not to use them. If I use them, can I get them back from anyone later...or are they lost forever?

RAID 18-02-07 20:42

As a matter of fact you can. If you have completed the CC group side quest in Balamb Garden, all the CC group members (including the King herself) will be on the Ragnarok in Disk 4, and each member is in possession of the Rare GF/Character cards.

If you missed this quest, it's shouldn't be a big deal. Just head back to garden and look for the members. If you don't remember where to find them I can tell you :)

EDIT: Note: To enable this side quest, you must have a certain amount of wins of Triple Triad.