www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   DXTRE3D Level Editor (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Earthquake deactivation? (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=224878)

Danath 27-07-20 19:05

Earthquake deactivation?

Hello, i have a problem in one of my TR2 levels with the earthquake nullmesh object.

I wanted to trigger it when beginning the escape sequence and then later deactivate it when you reach safety.
It activates perfectly with both "do_activate" or "item_at_sector", but i don't know how to deactivate it.
Tried with "do_deactivate" first, didn't work. Then i tried "do_activate" again, didn't work. Then i made a rollingball trying with both "item_at_sector" and "Heavy_Switch" but doesn't work.
Then i even tried playing around with the code bits of the item and the triggers, so one trigger activates the needed ones and the other deactivates them, no luck. :(

Is it impossible to deactivate? I like that effect...

DaroRaider 27-07-20 19:42

Sorry Danath, but I do not work with Tr2 plus I don't know about their moveables.
You said that a moveable object activates the earthquake?
In tr3 there is a null object called "Kill all triggers" and deactivate practically all objects that were activated.
I don't know what else to suggest. Also, happy birthday dude, If I'm not wrong it was on Friday or Saturday!

Danath 27-07-20 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaroRaider (Post 8223553)
Sorry Danath, but I do not work with Tr2 plus I don't know about their moveables.
You said that a moveable object activates the earthquake?
In tr3 there is a null object called "Kill all triggers" and deactivate practically all objects that were activated.
I don't know what else to suggest. Also, happy birthday dude, If I'm not wrong it was on Friday or Saturday!

Yes, it's a nullmesh object, a moveable that is invisible.
I know about the kill all triggers object from the Dxtre manual, but i suppose that wouldn't work here. :p
What i will try now is triggering the earthquake with a timer, it isn't perfect but maybe when the timer goes out the item stops working. :D

And thank you. :)

-----------------------------------------------------
Update: nope, not even the timer works. Ugh :\

DaroRaider 27-07-20 20:35

I was fexinspecting the Dragon's Lair level and that item moveable to activate the earthquake is activated with an item_at_sector trigger.( when you kill the dragon and get the dagger ).
It seems that it is harcoded to be activated forever, until you escape and finish the level. :ponder:

Danath 27-07-20 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaroRaider (Post 8223578)
I was fexinspecting the Dragon's Lair level and that item moveable to activate the earthquake is activated with an item_at_sector trigger.( when you kill the dragon and get the dagger ).
It seems that it is harcoded to be activated forever, until you escape and finish the level. :ponder:

Welp, it seems it's time to get rid of it then.
Thank you for checking it.