Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

TippingWater 08-12-12 22:57

:vlol: She never said she was drunk :D.

trfanX34 08-12-12 23:06

[I]PleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeZAH, *stares directly at you* answer dis question.[/I] lol

She predicted it though D:

TheRCroft 08-12-12 23:11

[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/532605_398125523599921_472916419_n.png[/IMG]

You better kneel because Queen Lara is here.

TippingWater 08-12-12 23:43

[QUOTE]Bones1219 • 18 minutes ago −

What do I think? I think this looks like the bomb bomb diggy.[/QUOTE]

lol.

Spong 09-12-12 00:02

[QUOTE=Love2Raid;6558484]Yeah, she should have just sat there with a vacant or disinterested expression. :P[/QUOTE]

What they should've done is put a bag over her head :tmb:

_Awestruck_ 09-12-12 02:11

Over at [URL="http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episodes/k8wg04/invisible-walls-episode-236--biotomb-infinite-raider"]Gametrailers[/URL] they have an episode of their podcast [I]Invisible Walls[/I] up where they discuss TR and Bioshock Infinite. I can't bring myself to watch it because I can't stand Shane Shatterfield, so if anyone wants to give an overview of what they say in the podcast that'd be great. :tmb: :p

BinRaider 09-12-12 10:26

[QUOTE=TheRCroft;6558543][IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/532605_398125523599921_472916419_n.png[/IMG]

You better kneel because Queen Lara is here.[/QUOTE]

Omg too true. That's Queen Lara fighting for our sins right there, ya'll x

tomee 09-12-12 10:42

[QUOTE=italibabee;6558197][CENTER][IMG]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j295/PixieGem1/trailer7.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER][/QUOTE]

Ermahgerd, thanks.

just_love_her 09-12-12 11:24

[QUOTE=_Awestruck_;6558770]Over at [URL="http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episodes/k8wg04/invisible-walls-episode-236--biotomb-infinite-raider"]Gametrailers[/URL] they have an episode of their podcast [I]Invisible Walls[/I] up where they discuss TR and Bioshock Infinite. I can't bring myself to watch it because I can't stand Shane Shatterfield, so if anyone wants to give an overview of what they say in the podcast that'd be great. :tmb: :p[/QUOTE]

I listened to it and guy with long hair had a chance to play first three hours of the game (He completed that part in little more than two hours). He said the game looks good, he loved platfoming, looks of the game. XP is silly, he made some Uncharted comparasions but he also said that game still feels like Tomb Raider and exploring is nice touch. He predicts game will be commercial success and he also said that after those three hours he would love to play more. All in all, he had very favorable review of first part of the game.

TippingWater 09-12-12 13:35

[CENTER][IMG]http://24.media.tumblr.com/53ec550e99d8e7494e53a6fd3776a2f5/tumblr_mermyma2YK1s033e6o1_500.jpg[/IMG]

Tomb Raider II y'all! :vlol:[/CENTER]

Valentino 09-12-12 14:28

[QUOTE=TheRCroft;6558543][IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/532605_398125523599921_472916419_n.png[/IMG]

You better kneel because Queen Lara is here.[/QUOTE]

I almost forgot Lara is British D: Shes surrounded by so many American characters these days. Which I don't mind. I'm a huge Natla and Amanda fan lol. We need a London level sometime soon. Bring back a bit of nolstagia.

Phlip 09-12-12 14:49

Yeah TR needs more British-ness. =/

LNSNHGTDS 09-12-12 14:50

Lara should totally raid Buckingham palace and face off with da Queen :ohn: !

[COLOR="White"]Or not :p , but I'm all in for the British-ification of the game :tmb: .[/COLOR]

Spong 09-12-12 14:57

[QUOTE=Phlip;6559243]Yeah TR needs more British-ness. =/[/QUOTE]

It looks like Crystal are hell-bent on making the game as American as possible, which makes sense seeing as that's all they know. Shame it flies in the face of TR tradition. But hey, American TR that's all guns and BS explosions will be the [I]new[/I] tradition :tmb:

LNSNHGTDS 09-12-12 15:00

[QUOTE=Spong;6559251][B][U]It looks like Crystal are hell-bent on making the game as American as possible[/U][/B], which makes sense seeing as that's all they know. Shame it flies in the face of TR tradition. But hey, American TR that's all guns and BS explosions will be the [I]new[/I] tradition :tmb:[/QUOTE]

I usually don't rant about anything Crystal does and in stupid fan-wars I'm always at their side but I really hate the fact that this is happening :/ ...

**LARA LOVER** 09-12-12 15:30

This is really off topic but is the Tomb Raider movie still happening?

Whatever happen to a 2013 release date?! :p

Phlip 09-12-12 15:36

I've said it before and I'll say it again; I really want a proper remastering of the TR films on Blu-ray. :(

Mikky 09-12-12 16:38

[QUOTE=**LARA LOVER**;6559283]This is really off topic but is the Tomb Raider movie still happening?

Whatever happen to a 2013 release date?! :p[/QUOTE]

I think the TR movie is still gonna happen, but I doubt (and have always doubted) that it will be released in 2013.

LNSNHGTDS 09-12-12 16:45

[QUOTE=**LARA LOVER**;6559283]This is really off topic but is the Tomb Raider movie still happening?

I initially thought it was gonna coincide with the game's release date (obviously not gonna happen) since the movie will be pretty much be the film adaption of the game but, although just a speculation, I'd say that we're gonna hear anything about the movie again after the game's release.

Spong 09-12-12 16:53

[QUOTE=Phlip;6559288]I've said it before and I'll say it again; I really want a proper remastering of the TR films on Blu-ray. :([/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Mikky;6559366]I think the TR movie is still gonna happen, but I doubt (and have always doubted) that it will be released in 2013.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=LNSNHGTDS;6559378]I initially thought it was gonna coincide with the game's release date (obviously not gonna happen) since the movie will be pretty much be the film adaption of the game but, although just a speculation, I'd say that we're gonna hear anything about the movie again after the game's release.[/QUOTE]

Does no one bother posting in the TR Motion Pictures board any more or something? I assume that's why all this is being posted here instead :pi::p

LNSNHGTDS 09-12-12 16:54

[QUOTE=Spong;6559384]Does no one bother posting in the TR Motion Pictures board any more or something? [B][U]I assume[/U][/B] that's why all this is being posted here instead :pi::p[/QUOTE]

Yo can be sure this is the reason why from now on :p ...!

BinRaider 09-12-12 16:57

Besides Roth, is Lara the only other British survivor known in the game? The only one I haven't heard is Alex (the guy with the Esc. shirt) but i'm guessing he's American. He's got that stereotypical geeky American look in all the films. Apparently Rhianna says that she has put in a few British references in the game but I don't know to what extent. I know CD are mainly American and they want to cater to the bigger audience but they should still at least try and put in a more British feel to it seeing as the character is British (although admittedly with a strong American accent :rolleyes:) I think Lara just loses her originality when they Americanise her so much.

LNSNHGTDS 09-12-12 16:58

[QUOTE=BinRaider;6559389]Besides Roth, is Lara the only other British survivor known in the game? The only one I haven't heard is Alex (the guy with the Esc. shirt) but i'm guessing he's American. He's got that stereotypical geeky American look in all the films. Apparently Rhianna says that she has put in a few British references in the game but I don't know to what extent. I know CD are mainly American but they should still at least try and put in a more British feel to it seeing as the character is British (although admittedly with a strong American accent :rolleyes:)[/QUOTE]

I think this Whitman guy is British but I'm not sure.

And yes, I 100% agree with you.

Spong 09-12-12 16:58

[QUOTE=LNSNHGTDS;6559386]Yo can be sure this is the reason why from now on :p ...![/QUOTE]

So I'm right then? No one posts in the movie boards any more? That doesn't surprise me :p
If the third movie happens (which I don't think it will), I don't expect it to be any better than the first two :pi:

_Awestruck_ 09-12-12 16:58

The old guy with the cap had an accent of some sort if I remember correctly. :pi:

Linoshi Croft 09-12-12 16:59

I think they need to remove the overly stereotypical sailor guy. I cringe every time I heard him but that's my only complaint. We can't really comment much on their performance yet. Sam seems pretty good from what we've seen.

LNSNHGTDS 09-12-12 16:59

[QUOTE=Spong;6559392]So I'm right then? No one posts in the movie boards any more? That doesn't surprise me. If the third movie happens (which I don't think it will), I don't expect it to be any better than the first two.[/QUOTE]

The first movie was kinda meh but the second was awesome, except the fact that they whore-ified Lara a bit but it's Hollywood, it was to be expected, really.

BinRaider 09-12-12 17:00

[QUOTE=LNSNHGTDS;6559391]I think this Whitman guy is British but I'm not sure.

And yes, I 100% agree with you.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure Whitman is American. I'll go back and check.

[QUOTE=_Awestruck_;6559394]The old guy with the cap had an accent of some sort if I remember correctly. :pi:[/QUOTE]

Yeah it was like a deep-south American accent, I think.

Spong 09-12-12 17:03

[QUOTE=LNSNHGTDS;6559396]The first movie was kinda meh but the second was awesome, except the fact that they whore-ified Lara a bit but it's Hollywood, it was to be expected, really.[/QUOTE]

I'm stunned :eek:
You're about the only person (beyond me) who thinks that Cradle is better than the original. Respect :cool:

LNSNHGTDS 09-12-12 17:06

[QUOTE=Spong;6559405]I'm stunned :eek:
You're about the only person (beyond me) who thinks that Cradle is better than the original. Respect :cool:[/QUOTE]

Well, the first movie is all about the wrecking-Croft-manor scene and, that's that. The second was a lot more intresting :cool: .

Phlip 09-12-12 17:08

[QUOTE=BinRaider;6559389]Besides Roth, is Lara the only other British survivor known in the game? The only one I haven't heard is Alex (the guy with the Esc. shirt) but i'm guessing he's American. He's got that stereotypical geeky American look in all the films. Apparently Rhianna says that she has put in a few British references in the game but I don't know to what extent. I know CD are mainly American and they want to cater to the bigger audience but they should still at least try and put in a more British feel to it seeing as the character is British (although admittedly with a strong American accent :rolleyes:) I think Lara just loses her originality when they Americanise her so much.[/QUOTE]
It does massively suck that TR's so ridiculously American and Hollywood, yeah. :(
[QUOTE=LNSNHGTDS;6559396]The first movie was kinda meh but the second was awesome, except the fact that they whore-ified Lara a bit but it's Hollywood, it was to be expected, really.[/QUOTE]
How did they whore-ify her?
You're about the only person (beyond me) who thinks that Cradle is better than the original. Respect :cool:[/QUOTE]

I prefer CoL. Can I have your respect now, so I have a reason to keep breathing?

Spong 09-12-12 17:09

[QUOTE=Phlip;6559417]I prefer CoL. Can I have your respect now, so I have a reason to keep breathing?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, LNSNHGTDS was first :ohn:
If there's any respect left over, you can have that ;)

LNSNHGTDS 09-12-12 17:10

[QUOTE=Phlip;6559417]How did they whore-ify her?[/QUOTE]

The sex scene, I know that Lara pushes herself to the limit to get what she wants but that was too much! She had never done anything similar before.

Soul 09-12-12 17:12

You're about the only person (beyond me) who thinks that Cradle is better than the original. Respect :cool:[/QUOTE]Both movies suck, but in Cof, there's a least some variety of great locations, so I also prefer the second one. :D

Phlip 09-12-12 17:18

[QUOTE=LNSNHGTDS;6559422]The sex scene, I know that Lara pushes herself to the limit to get what she wants but that was too much! She had never done anything similar before.[/QUOTE]

I liked that, and it was hardly a proper sex scene. To me it was as if she genuinely wanted to snog him, and part of her relaxed and enjoyed that for a bit.

CLF 09-12-12 17:30

[QUOTE=LNSNHGTDS;6559422]The sex scene, I know that Lara pushes herself to the limit to get what she wants but that was too much! She had never done anything similar before.[/QUOTE]

Human beings tend to have sex. It doesn't make them whores.

LNSNHGTDS 09-12-12 17:34

[QUOTE=CLF;6559448]Human beings tend to have sex. It doesn't make them whores.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but she didn't have sex just to have sex, she had sex to get what she wanted, which makes her a whore or at least slut :wve: and that's what I didn't like.

Adrenaline 09-12-12 17:35

[QUOTE=CLF;6559448]Human beings tend to have sex. It doesn't make them whores.[/QUOTE]

Not if your asexual.

Phlip 09-12-12 17:40

[QUOTE=LNSNHGTDS;6559451]Yes, but she didn't have sex just to have sex, she had sex to get what she wanted, which makes her a whore or at least slut :wve: and that's what I didn't like.[/QUOTE]

As I say I think there was real affection in it, and I thought it was kinda cool how Lara suddenly handcuffed him.

LNSNHGTDS 09-12-12 17:41

[QUOTE=Phlip;6559457]As I say I think there was real affection in it, and I thought it was kinda cool how Lara suddenly handcuffed him.[/QUOTE]

Maybe there was (though I think there wasn't) but even so it shouldn't, Lara is Lara, she's not allowed to have [I]any[/I] kind of romantic relationship :p !