www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

Linoshi Croft 21-05-12 15:17

I've just noticed in wolf screenshot, Lara is actually stabbing it..Everyone, was saying she stabbed it with a broken bottle but you can clearly see it's an arrow. I always thought she just had her arms up as a reaction.

larafan25 21-05-12 15:18

The bottle is a "joke" about working at a bar and supposedly having drunks come at her with a smashed bottle/ shard of glass.

"A wolf's got nothing on a broken bottle".

Linoshi Croft 21-05-12 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6180410)
The bottle is a "joke" about working at a bar and supposedly having drunks come at her with a smashed bottle/ shard of glass.

"A wolf's got nothing on a broken bottle".

I know, but alot of people took it very seriously and assumed it was a bottle :p

But still I never noticed her actually stabbing the wolf in the screenshot.

larafan25 21-05-12 15:21

TBH, Lara and the wolf have probably been stabbed by a number of things by now, everywhere you turn it's a metal spike, a sharp piece of wood, an arrow, another metal spike, a bottle, etc... :p

That is a bad ass screenshot though, and it seems wild to me that she apparently stabs it seven times.

Rai 21-05-12 15:23

Seven times :eek:? Is the wolf wet, it looks slimy. Eww.

klona 21-05-12 15:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 6180425)
Seven times :eek:? Is the wolf wet, it looks slimy. Eww.

It's just sweating... I think. :p

Linoshi Croft 21-05-12 15:40

I hope it's not just a red glare when killing it, I want her covered in it's blood.

klona 21-05-12 17:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linoshi Croft (Post 6180470)
I hope it's not just a red glare when killing it, I want her covered in it's blood.

I want a blood pool as well.

NRO. 21-05-12 17:28

I want it to be realistic. Just the right amount of blood.

tampi 21-05-12 17:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linoshi Croft (Post 6180470)
I hope it's not just a red glare when killing it, I want her covered in it's blood.

:smk: That's not appropriate! Why so much blood? You are a sadist.:p

Linoshi Croft 21-05-12 17:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by tampi (Post 6180656)
:smk: That's not appropriate! Why so much blood? You are a sadist.:p

Because it makes sense? :p

Rai 21-05-12 17:45

The blotches on the screen do look out of place. I'm not fond of gore, but a bit of blood seems...normal for the situation. Nothing over the top, just enough. It is an M game after all.

Lukass 21-05-12 17:46

Who said the scene with the wolf is full of blood? Dark_Messiah, Gabi...? One of those people who have played it :) Yeah, there will be a lot of blood! :D

tampi 21-05-12 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linoshi Croft (Post 6180669)
Because it makes sense? :p

It makes sense if makes sense, but it isn't enjoyable for everybody to see blood pouring out evrywhere. Particularly blood doesn't affect to me but I don't wish there were rivers of blood every time someone suffers a wound. That's out of place.

Well, if she bleeds a lot and blood clots, she can make a bridge to escape of the island. :cln:

Spong 21-05-12 18:18

I like that light refraction technique in games when liquid splashes on the lens :tmb:
But each blood spot should slightly blur the background beyond it (as liquids do), it's not doing that in the wolf pic.

_Awestruck_ 21-05-12 18:19

They should just get rid of that all together. It's annoying.

tomblover 21-05-12 18:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6180418)
That is a bad ass screenshot though, and it seems wild to me that she apparently stabs it seven times.

Reminds me...



CD, take notes. I want to kill scavengers and I want to do it brutally. :mis: [note 01:22]

just*raidin*tomb 21-05-12 19:25

Ah man, that's awesome.

Weemanply109 21-05-12 20:31

Guys.

I've reported too many posts in this thread recently, tbh. Too many oversized gifs from the newbies. God. Get with the program. I'm sure you've been told a ****load of times.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 6180671)
Who said the scene with the wolf is full of blood? Dark_Messiah, Gabi...? One of those people who have played it :)

Gabi played the demo?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomblover (Post 6180771)
Reminds me...



CD, take notes. I want to kill scavengers and I want to do it brutally. :mis: [note 01:22]

That game. *bows*

Shame my PC kept having graphics glitches with her hair disappearing and her eye balls floating (which I have a phobia of) so I have to stop playing. ;_;

Lukass 21-05-12 20:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weemanply109 (Post 6181038)
Gabi played the demo?

Yes :)

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=185793

Weemanply109 21-05-12 20:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 6181052)

OMG. Jealous.

trlestew 21-05-12 23:35

I was reading this article on Gameaustra, and it gave me an awesome idea for multiplayer even though this Tomb Raider will not have it of course, when the interviewee at Epic Games gave his suggestion about how to revamp numerous games. In this case, it was Uncharted.
Quote:

If I were at Naughty Dog now -- wow, this is turning into an "if Cliffy ran the world" interview -- but yeah, I would do a version of Uncharted that's multiplayer, in which every person is their own version of a Nathan Drake and you're doing global treasure hunts. And have dynamic events where "A new rune has been found in Peru!", you know?

Right -- you've got to race to get there.

CB: The race to get there, and then if somebody else got there first they actually left traps behind or bait/switch, and people backstabbing each other, and really have that be player-driven, and have a lot of emergent gameplay. Don't focus on the script-y stuff.

You know, make the jungles and make the players race to get to it, and make The Amazing Race with treasures, you know, a version of what Indiana Jones was -- globetrotting around the world.
It's probably been suggested in some shape or form, but the whole hunting for treasures and setting bobby traps mechanic does seem like something that would work in the new TR.

larafan25 21-05-12 23:41

Now there's an idea that's not bad.

Weemanply109 21-05-12 23:51

I like that idea.

Weemanply109 22-05-12 16:15

Is this thread really dead?

NRO. 22-05-12 16:30

Yes.

Weemanply109 22-05-12 16:31

The topic about swimming should be here! >:I

Dark_Messiah 22-05-12 18:18

Hello. I am writing in a dead thread. :ton: There is just nothing new about tomb raider. yet.

just*raidin*tomb 22-05-12 18:28

Operation Revive This thread has commenced. :cool:

Since this is general tomb raider discussion, let me just express my hatred for Underworld right now.

I was doing a replay after like 3 years and I was actually really enjoying it. Much more so than the first time around. But dammit, that stupid glitch where the first ramp is down for whatever reason in Xibalba happened to me and now I can't continue.

So ****ity ****. Thanks for ruining a rather fun playthrough, Underworld. :mad:

Dark_Messiah 22-05-12 18:33

I had this one too several times. Annoying :\

Lukass 22-05-12 18:36

I can't (kind of) continue too. I was replaying Underworld last week and I found out one really weird thing. The game has autosaves, right? When I entered Xibalba the game stopped saving. Yeah, all of a sudden the game won't save anymore even if there already was a lot of checkpoints. I was playing the game like 4 times and everything was fine before. ://

just*raidin*tomb 22-05-12 18:39

That sucks. But seriously, I just wish that they released a patch or something to fix it. So unprofessional of them. I'm sorry, but I'm glad a lot of them are no longer working there. >_>

Also I looked it up and the ramp thing happens if you die between getting the jaguar and skull statue heads or something and I did exactly that... smh.

Mikky 22-05-12 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by just*raidin*tomb (Post 6182511)
Operation Revive This thread has commenced. :cool:

Since this is general tomb raider discussion, let me just express my hatred for Underworld right now.

I was doing a replay after like 3 years and I was actually really enjoying it. Much more so than the first time around. But dammit, that stupid glitch where the first ramp is down for whatever reason in Xibalba happened to me and now I can't continue.

So ****ity ****. Thanks for ruining a rather fun playthrough, Underworld. :mad:

What platform are you playing it on? PS3?

just*raidin*tomb 22-05-12 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikky (Post 6182673)
What platform are you playing it on? PS3?

Yes, but the bug is on all platforms from what I read.

Mikky 22-05-12 19:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by just*raidin*tomb (Post 6182682)
Yes, but the bug is on all platforms from what I read.

There was a patch for the PC version that fixed it, though. There was also a PS3 trophy patch that apparently fixed some minor bugs but I don't know if it fixes the bug that you encountered.

just*raidin*tomb 22-05-12 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikky (Post 6182695)
There was a patch for the PC version that fixed it, though. There was also a PS3 trophy patch that apparently fixed some minor bugs but I don't know if it fixes the bug that you encountered.

Lol obviously it didn't because it would be fixed. :p

Oh well I'm over it. :pi:

If one of these types of bugs are in Tomb Raider, I be very upset, CD.

Mikky 22-05-12 20:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by just*raidin*tomb (Post 6182704)
Lol obviously it didn't because it would be fixed. :p

Oh well I'm over it. :pi:

If one of these types of bugs are in Tomb Raider, I be very upset, CD.

I wouldn't be too surprised if there was, tbh, especially on the PC version. I can already imagine PC players impatiently waiting for a patch. :p

skylark1121 22-05-12 20:33

Ugh, I won't even replay TRU because you have to play through the whole game to get to replay the later levels.

I can practically speedrun Med sea, Thailand, and Croft Manor, but when I get to Mexico onward, I'm always lie, "Wait... what do I do here?"

Annoying that's there's only "revisit location" not "replay level".

But, anyway, I'm pretty sure this thread is only for new TR discussion, but whatev. :p

Lukass 22-05-12 20:36

^ You can discuss here whatever you want :D

I was bored today so I decided to play Legend. I've put the disc in the console and started to play from the beginning. I can tell you it took 5 minutes until I switched the console off. It was just meh :/ I find Legend soooo boring now. I think I'm going to give it a rest. 10 years maybe, then I'll try it again...if only :p

skylark1121 22-05-12 20:38

^

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRexbait (Post 5903467)
For those thoughts and posts that don't really fit into any one of the threads we already have and don't truly deserve a thread all their very own. Kind of like a General Chat, but only for the new game.

But I don't care really, I'm no Mod.

---

I have played Legend so many times; I know what's around every corner.
I might go mad if I play it again. o.o


All times are GMT. The time now is 16:57.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.