Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Arts and Entertainment (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   American Horror Story (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187194)

silviu_raider 11-01-16 13:48

[QUOTE=Survival;7524084]She most definitely did not. She is the weakest link in the cast... she was quite good in Flicker episode, but the sucked in the rest.[/QUOTE]
Agreed, but congrats to her.

I was hoping Angela'd win something.

SpyrosMonster 11-01-16 16:14

What if she paid to get it? Imagine that. :vlol:

Linoshi Croft 11-01-16 18:52

[QUOTE=Survival;7524084]She most definitely did not. She is the weakest link in the cast... she was quite good in Flicker episode, but the sucked in the rest.[/QUOTE]

I completely disagree. I think some of the series returning actors we're some of the weakest. Especially, Kathy Bates. I think people just love her for being her!

Dennis's Mom 11-01-16 23:04

I don't think anyone is ever really bad in AHS, but I think the writing is very uneven. They seem to think lots of blood and sex is artistic and edgy, but it's really trite and boring.

Trenton 11-01-16 23:11

[QUOTE=Dennis's Mom;7524436]I don't think anyone is ever really bad in AHS, but I think the writing is very uneven. They seem to think lots of blood and sex is artistic and edgy, but it's really trite and boring.[/QUOTE]

This. Acting is awesome, but the writing is all over the place at times. I think the main problems is there are just too many characters. It almost seems like they are writing characters in order to get as many of the recurring cast get back for each season as possible which is always a bad idea. They need to slim down the show a bit and make it more focused.
I enjoyed the first season and the second to some degree. Third one was a major disappointment. :ponder:

lance6439 12-01-16 04:43

If someone as overrated and buggy as Jessica Lange could get a Golden Globe, then Gaga deserves one as well and rightfully snatched it. Best actress in the world after Jolie.

scion05 12-01-16 06:28

^ Good lord.

Although I believe Lange to be exceptional, Bates is the real star of AHS later seasons in my eyes.

mepsipax 12-01-16 09:49

[QUOTE=scion05;7524529]^ Good lord.

Although I believe Lange to be exceptional, Bates is the real star of AHS later seasons in my eyes.[/QUOTE]

Bates stole Coven entirely in every scene she was in.

-

The best performance the series has had, IMO, was Sarah Paulson in Asylum. If it was a movie it would have won the Oscar hands down - perfectly pitched and the kind of courageous acting that wins every award. It's almost a pity it wasn't a movie.

Lady Gaga by comparison has potential but is all over the place. She has good moments and awful moments, mostly stiffness and stilted lines. If she goes and gets some coaching she could be very good.

silviu_raider 12-01-16 09:54

[QUOTE=lance6439;7524519]If someone as overrated and buggy as Jessica Lange could get a Golden Globe, then Gaga deserves one as well and rightfully snatched it. Best actress in the world after Jolie.[/QUOTE]
LOL Lady Gaga wasn't good and you have to deal with it.

Coming for others, who are great in what they do, isn't going to help your cause either.

Jessica is a master, compared to Gaga. I wanted to cringe almost everytime Gaga spoke.
I love her Jazz music but that's about it.
If she is to be brought back for the next season, I hope she has a minimal role.

However, I LOVED how Queenie was there and it tied the plots a bit between seasons.

lance6439 12-01-16 09:56

Was good enough to get a Golden Globe and she's getting ready to sweep the Oscars. Stay mad.