Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Arts and Entertainment (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   American Horror Story (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187194)

AmericanAssassin 26-01-14 04:04

[QUOTE=Atlantisfreak666;6986872]The best acting always comes from Lily Rabe imo[/QUOTE]
I absolutely agree. She wasn't in [I]Murder House[/I] as much, but she has been my absolute favorite in both [I]Asylum[/I] and [I]Coven[/I]. I just adore her. :D

Dennis's Mom 26-01-14 13:02

Sometimes I wonder if the reason some people don't like Coven is the same reason many people were turned off by TRU: too many women being bitchy to each other.

I think there's a critical mass on strong female characters, and Coven may have found it.

I still enjoy it. Like Asylum though, it seems to have let some plot points end abruptly, leaving you to wonder why they were written in in the first place. I felt this way about the whole Nazi-human experimentation/devil possession arc in Asylum. Bam! Into the oven and it's over. Fortunately, there was still Lana's story that was very strong (and actually more interesting IMO) to keep momentum going. While the end of the Order was satisfying, it felt like it was the Big Story.

The "Who's the Next Surpreme?" guessing game is entertaining, it lacks the true conflict necessary to make good drama. The most interesting characters appear to all be dead.

Just for fun: Back in the 80s the art band Talking Heads did a movie called "True Stories." This is "Papa Legba" from the soundtrack. [youtube]nIiK1GX9WBI[/youtube]

Nemo_91 26-01-14 15:05

^ Great song, I love Talking Heads! :D

January_Snow* 26-01-14 16:08

[QUOTE=AmericanAssassin;6987139]I absolutely agree. She wasn't in [I]Murder House[/I] as much, but she has been my absolute favorite in both [I]Asylum[/I] and [I]Coven[/I]. I just adore her. :D[/QUOTE]

Lily Rabe is perfect actress in every way, some of my favourite scenes from the Asylum featured her.

[QUOTE=Dennis's Mom;6987343]Sometimes I wonder if the reason some people don't like Coven is the same reason many people were turned off by TRU: too many women being bitchy to each other.

I think there's a critical mass on strong female characters, and Coven may have found it.
[/QUOTE]

I think it doesn't really matter if you flesh out the story correctly, it seems though that every character follows the same pattern 1. I'm going to be the next supreme 2. Has a horrible accident/ dies. 3. Resurects/heals. rinse and repeat.

Tommy123 26-01-14 16:10

[QUOTE=Atlantisfreak666;6986872]The best acting always comes from Lily Rabe imo[/QUOTE]

Completely agree!

Its amazing how she can transition from her Asylum character to Misty between seasons, its almost like its a different actor entirely.

silviu_raider 26-01-14 21:56

[QUOTE=Nemo_91;6986678]Well, it seems like I'm the only one here who really likes/liked this season... though, the latest episode was pretty weak.[/QUOTE]
+1 here! :D

I absolutely love Coven.

I'd marry Jessica Lange on the spot.

I was also oh so freaking happy when *someone* got their ass kicked in the last episode.
I was cheering and going "**** yeah, finally". :D

t-raider26 26-01-14 22:08

What happened with Spalding and the baby? lmao

silviu_raider 26-01-14 22:16

I was discussing with a friend how funny it'd be if Spalding'd return and be the next supreme, while doing the hair flip. :vlol:

[url]http://25.media.tumblr.com/0c8e4d30f7026e66cb420de58f32d8c4/tumblr_mzi2adID0g1r8bxs1o1_500.gif[/url]

robm_2007 27-01-14 02:16

Can men even be a Supreme? There was that guy on the Witches Council (or whatever it's called), so I guess men can be witches, too? (Or Warlock; whatever term would be used).

Who's to say it's any of them, anyway? Can it not be an outsider? I'm not sure how this 'Supreme' business works. Is it one Supreme in general, or just one per Coven?

tiann 27-01-14 05:33

HAHAHAHA I couldn't stop laughing during this episode. the way they wrapped up the plot points was just so darn hilarious.

BTW, since when did Zoe, Cordelia, and Queenie were able to use telekinesis???? :confused::confused::confused: I mean wtf? There was no indication of Cordelia and Zoe and Queenie being able to use any other powers other than the ones that were unique to them (poison vagina, second sight and Injury transfer) --- did I miss something???