www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   XNALara (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   XnaLara for 3dsmax (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=181251)

o0Crofty0o 15-05-11 15:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariokart64n (Post 5417765)
ok so that list is only relating to the generic format. and what does groups mean?

a group of meshes..

mesh1, mesh2, etc..

or mesh1 is group1?

I'm scripting up the material section of the importer now, after thats done max import will be working.

not sure why it's called like that xD I think it simply means that 1_ and all 6 textures are a group. It's nothing realted to meshes actually...just to those numbers.

mariokart64n 15-05-11 16:36

huh, now i'm a bit confused.. so if I name a mesh part _1.. then it takes on group ones texture properties? 6textues etc..

the groups are activated how?

>Script update:

Mesh Import Ready, materials aren't fully sorted out only applies diffuse at the moment until I can understand what funny business is going on with the materials in xnalara <_<

also 3dsmax does not support normals and tangents, so I'm trying to figure a way to store them or trick a way for them to be used.

<Drag Script into 3dsmax to run importer>
http://www.mediafire.com/?z2vbc4lbbobtlwk

monique1983 15-05-11 17:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariokart64n (Post 5417877)
huh, now i'm a bit confused.. so if I name a mesh part _1.. then it takes on group ones texture properties? 6textues etc..

the groups are activated how?

>Script update:

Mesh Import Ready, materials aren't fully sorted out only applies diffuse at the moment until I can understand what funny business is going on with the materials in xnalara <_<

also 3dsmax does not support normals and tangents, so I'm trying to figure a way to store them or trick a way for them to be used.

<Drag Script into 3dsmax to run importer>
http://www.mediafire.com/?z2vbc4lbbobtlwk

Thanks.. was age that i was looking for this, 'couse i work only with Max... is Export/Import?

edit.. i've try.. but don't works..

mariokart64n 15-05-11 17:37

oh yeah, I forgot to change the input line.. so its expecting a fixed path.

i'm lazy to reupload, but if you want to fix it yourself open the file in a note pad

and change this
Code:

fsource="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\XNALara\\data\\lara_bathing_suit\\lara_bathing_suit.mesh"


-- fsource = GetOpenFileName \
-- caption:"[PC] XnaLara Mesh File" \
-- types: "Binary(*.mesh)|*.MESH|All files (*.*)|*.*|"

to this

Code:

--fsource="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\XNALara\\data\\lara_bathing_suit\\lara_bathing_suit.mesh"


fsource = GetOpenFileName \
caption:"[PC] XnaLara Mesh File" \
types: "Binary(*.mesh)|*.MESH|All files (*.*)|*.*|"


monique1983 15-05-11 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariokart64n (Post 5418027)
oh yeah, I forgot to change the input line.. so its expecting a fixed path.

i'm lazy to reupload, but if you want to fix it yourself open the file in a note pad

and change this
Code:

fsource="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\XNALara\\data\\lara_bathing_suit\\lara_bathing_suit.mesh"


-- fsource = GetOpenFileName \
-- caption:"[PC] XnaLara Mesh File" \
-- types: "Binary(*.mesh)|*.MESH|All files (*.*)|*.*|"

to this

Code:

--fsource="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\XNALara\\data\\lara_bathing_suit\\lara_bathing_suit.mesh"


fsource = GetOpenFileName \
caption:"[PC] XnaLara Mesh File" \
types: "Binary(*.mesh)|*.MESH|All files (*.*)|*.*|"


oh.. ok.. wait.. why have you wrote Lara Bathing suit??? :confused:

monique1983 15-05-11 17:46

Good work!!! Works perfectly... now i need an exporter.. becouse i rig my models with max...;)

mariokart64n 15-05-11 17:47

I was testing on that mesh file, its quicker to fix a file in the script when testing and debugging. cause it'll import that mesh once the script is executed.

if I had done it otherwise I would have to re-open the file again through the windows file browser.. it adds 30secs to each time I want to test.. but just that little bit is annoying, thats why I always fix the file in the script when testing.

but I forgot to change it before I posted it.. so it tries to open a file on my computer, that may not exist on your computer.

EDIT


Import isn't complete, I need to complete that before I can start the exporter.

I need to implement tangents and normals, then I need help with the materials? are all the materials hardcoded into XnaLara?
if so I need a compile of the materials to hardcode into my script

tombraidergale 15-05-11 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariokart64n (Post 5417877)
huh, now i'm a bit confused.. so if I name a mesh part _1.. then it takes on group ones texture properties? 6textues etc..

the groups are activated how?

It's not exactly like that, consider the mesh group like a prefix of your mesh's name. For example, if you call your mesh part "1_meshname", you'll have to assign 6 textures in the correct order: Diffuse, Lightmap, Bumpmap, Mask, Bump1, Bump2.
The same goes for every other meshgroups, for example "5_meshname" uses only a diffuse map without an alpha channel, while "7_meshname" uses a diffuse map with an alpha channel :)

mariokart64n 15-05-11 18:57

thanks, thats all I needed to know ^_^

Now I can complete the importer and start for the exporter.. then its just a matter of testing :P

EDIT
~_~ there seems to be more to it then just 1_ or 2_...

in the generic_item files there is additional information in the name like "_0.1_16_16" .. values for something?

sephiroth99 15-05-11 20:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariokart64n (Post 5418216)
~_~ there seems to be more to it then just 1_ or 2_...

in the generic_item files there is additional information in the name like "_0.1_16_16" .. values for something?

the values are explained in this tutorial by Ol.a. It seems those values are only used by some render groups.

http://www.3d.tombraider.gr/render_groups.htm


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:25.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.