www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

johnanonymouz 22-04-18 10:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 7859860)
Exactly :vlol: I'm lurking through the internet trying to find any info about a livestream, but there is nothing.

if they don't...........i at least hope they'll upload that stuff on youtube AFTER the event!

E.Carnby 22-04-18 10:59

In Friday we all will see that the new Tomb Raider game is about hunting enemies in tombs. Like the fourth part of the Survivorīs crusade comics. I think.

James_Rutland 22-04-18 11:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by E.Carnby (Post 7859862)
In Friday we all will see that the new Tomb Raider game is about hunting enemies in tombs. Like the fourth part of the Survivorīs crusade comics. I think.

I have a strong feeling Lara is going to be very Predator in this game. In TR2013 she was Prey, in SOTTR she is the one doing the hunting. She is looking for the Cardinal who ordered her fathers execution. But she's not just doing it for him, she's doing it for the greater good.

E.Carnby 22-04-18 11:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by James_Rutland (Post 7859864)
I have a strong feeling Lara is going to be very Predator in this game. In TR2013 she was Prey, in SOTTR she is the one doing the hunting. She is looking for the Cardinal who ordered her fathers execution. But she's not just doing it for him, she's doing it for the greater good.

I think that The first part of level will be about exploration of the tomb, the second part of the level will be about setting traps and third part will be about escaping from crumbling tombs.
Can be her father alive (and maybe with Trinity)? In the movie her father was alive. So, maybe Lara was live for a few years in deception. I'm really curious.

princebenidere 22-04-18 11:58

i think that the gameplay will be at the jungle as lara hunt its prey stalking and bringing fear on whoever she hunts, we might see a different gameplay mechanics this time

my thought is

improved stealth mehcanics
better Ai, enemy reacts when in fear, panic
using the environment to her advantage
using the piranha as trap by pushing enemy at the infested water
lara using multiple tools and shooting while swinging etc.
if crafting is still present its more likely to be an active time crafting.

im hoping some of this will be implemented

im excited !

2001LC20 22-04-18 12:04

Also i loved the enemy in the teaser! They look authentic and feisty, fits the jungle theme too

Edit:*He

johnanonymouz 22-04-18 12:17

If I love Shadow of the Tomb Raider as much as I loved Rise back then, I'll be more than happy!

James_Rutland 22-04-18 12:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by E.Carnby (Post 7859865)
I think that The first part of level will be about exploration of the tomb, the second part of the level will be about setting traps and third part will be about escaping from crumbling tombs.
Can be her father alive (and maybe with Trinity)? In the movie her father was alive. So, maybe Lara was live for a few years in deception. I'm really curious.

I'm worried that the movie got the idea from CD themselves. As in the movie people sat down with CD and explained they wanted elements of TR2013, Rise, and SOTTR.

It would be really stupid if her father was alive. A stupid plot twist. Lara discovered his body at his desk with his brains blown out. Did the bullet make his whole face explode? Did Trinity perhaps make a Richard Doppelganger and send him to sit in Richards chair and kill himself? Cheap, cheap CHEAP twist if they do it. Surely they know better.

E.Carnby 22-04-18 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2001LC20 (Post 7859872)
Also i loved the enemy in the teaser! They look authentic and feisty, fits the jungle theme too

Soldier suit especially net overhead as insect, spiders protection, I like it too. Not just as camouflage. Teaser showed the camouflaged soldiers, climbing on the walls of the rocks, escaping and sliding and also Mayan pyramids (especially the pyramid of the sun). So five days remains.

E.Carnby 22-04-18 12:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by James_Rutland (Post 7859875)
I'm worried that the movie got the idea from CD themselves. As in the movie people sat down with CD and explained they wanted elements of TR2013, Rise, and SOTTR.

It would be really stupid if her father was alive. A stupid plot twist. Lara discovered his body at his desk with his brains blown out. Did the bullet make his whole face explode? Did Trinity perhaps make a Richard Doppelganger and send him to sit in Richards chair and kill himself? Cheap, cheap CHEAP twist if they do it. Surely they know better.

I was also thinking about it. But what about the ritual that brings it back to life?