www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

2001LC20 29-06-18 09:41

Sottr did better than Death Stranding even with that terrible E3 presentation? :ponder:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DgiYFGBUcAA-xQZ?format=jpg

biscuits 29-06-18 09:46

Death Stranding makes zero sense tbh. I only think people are hyping it up because Kojima is behind it. I'm saying that as someone who's looking forward to it.

Costel 29-06-18 09:52

Spider-man not in the top?

TR1249 29-06-18 10:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Costel (Post 7918115)

He's at his place: Being the bottom :ton:

2001LC20 29-06-18 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Costel (Post 7918115)

Nope! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by biscuits (Post 7918114)
Death Stranding makes zero sense tbh. I only think people are hyping it up because Kojima is behind it. I'm saying that as someone who's looking forward to it.

I was looking forward to DS but now it just looks like a boring world and Kojima Traveling Simulator 2018. Hope it's actually really good but i definitely want to know the story and hope it's not too complicated till the end of the game.

Vaskito 29-06-18 10:29

I work at a company with online monitoring, which picks up articles etc... I can make a quick search to tell you the amount of articles we've got.

Shadow of The Tomb Raider:
  • 5K+ articles in April
  • 6K articles in May
  • 9K+ articles in June

The Last of Us Part 2

2.9K articles in June

If I search for "The Last of Us"

Close to 15K articles in June

I think Fortnite is on another league, as expected, since it's most popular game currently

51K+ articles in June

Then, our results differ from that graphic, in comparison to SOTTR (9K articles in June)

"Just Cause 4" - 7.1K articles in June

"AC Odyssey" - 8K articles in June

"Battlefield V" - 11K

All in all, I think Shadow is at a pretty good spot, considering the TR franchise isn't nearly popular as "Fallout", "Fifa", etc

Mani_Man 29-06-18 11:04

Thats why we always should listen firstly to facts and statistics.
Shadow so far did a good job, not neccessary when it comes to how it presented itself to a more casual gamer audience, but those who follow gaming networks or in general are a bigger involved in gaming...have seen shadow and are really happy with what they have seen.

Going by a few youtube comments aka the Troll kingdom...means, or should mean nothing.
You find a better idea of what goes on in gaming, when you find yourself a good and nice, small gaming forum or so.

There you will find that Shadow is having a good standing at the moment, not a mold breaker but still a potential GOTY candidate.

LuckyEdge10 29-06-18 11:08

I can't understand why FIFA is so famous. They make them once a year and they're all almost the same!

Vaskito 29-06-18 11:10

We also shouldn't forget Shadow had already been announced pre-E3, unlike some of the games on that list. I think that might also contribute to the differences.
Personally, I'm impressed with Shadow has been accomplishing so far, considering Rise was barely talked about, or "known" back then, meaning the franchise was kinda forgotten about

Mani_Man 29-06-18 11:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyEdge10 (Post 7918137)
I can't understand why FIFA is so famous. They make them once a year and they're all almost the same!

Its Fifa, the game about the most beloved Sport in the world.
Its a Football game, they dont have to change significant, just throw out here and there some new additions and keep the teams up to date.

Sports games have the benefit of being that, so they dont need to evolve too much.