Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider on Mobile (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Tomb Raider Reloaded announced (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=225361)

jackali 19-12-20 00:46

[B]Removing the link for now, because I'm not sure if this is technically piracy or not. Will get clarification and update in this thread if it can be posted again.[/B]

charmedangelin 19-12-20 10:26

I managed to get the APK on my own and I have a lot of thoughts, the game is not as bad as it looks. Yes it has combat but there is also platforming, puzzle solving, and bosses. Wish this game didn't leak. Some stuff did not come from Archero.

It's clear there is stuff not shown off.

Strayyy_ 19-12-20 10:45

[QUOTE=charmedangelin;8262068]I managed to get the APK on my own and I have a lot of thoughts, the game is not as bad as it looks. Yes it has combat but there is also platforming, puzzle solving, and bosses. Wish this game didn't leak. Some stuff did not come from Archero.

It's clear there is stuff not shown off.[/QUOTE]

How is the grind? is it free2play friendly?

charmedangelin 19-12-20 10:58

[QUOTE=Strayyy_;8262070]How is the grind? is it free2play friendly?[/QUOTE]

The grind is not too bad, I managed to defeat the boss from the first level after a few runs. Some features are unavailable that would reward you currency so I can't say for sure. But so far all currency is obtainable in the game. If it's like Archero, the purple jewels wi be rewarded for completing tasks and simply just logging in.

People who are dying alot just aren't picking the right skills. You can easily sweep the first level by picking the right combat skills.

Not sure I can progress much through the second though, lack of certain features make obtaining certain items difficult needed to get through the second level.

So far though I actually really like it.

SnatchingEdges 19-12-20 10:59

[QUOTE=charmedangelin;8262068]I managed to get the APK on my own and I have a lot of thoughts, the game is not as bad as it looks. Yes it has combat but there is also platforming, puzzle solving, and bosses. Wish this game didn't leak. Some stuff did not come from Archero.

It's clear there is stuff not shown off.[/QUOTE]

If only certain someones wouldn't have spread the leaks all over the Internet :whi:

michaeldt 19-12-20 11:05

I was willing to give this the benefit of the doubt but after watching gameplay this couldn't be further from what I was wanting and/or expecting :(.

charmedangelin 19-12-20 11:08

Lara says Hello

[IMG]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/553840734613274637/789811132726640670/Screenshot_20201219-053954.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=michaeldt;8262076]I was willing to give this the benefit of the doubt but after watching gameplay this couldn't be further from what I was wanting and/or expecting :(.[/QUOTE]

Believe me when I tell you that what you saw is just the tip of the iceberg. There is much more to the game.

jackali 19-12-20 12:02

[QUOTE=charmedangelin;8262078]
Believe me when I tell you that what you saw is just the tip of the iceberg. There is much more to the game.[/QUOTE]

Having played further than you, I do not believe you.

charmedangelin 19-12-20 12:35

[QUOTE=jackali;8262086]Having played further than you, I do not believe you.[/QUOTE]

Really, you managed to get passed level 2? Lol

What they showed was mostly shooting, but from what I played there was puzzle sections and platforming sections that they didn't show off much.

UroshUchiha 19-12-20 13:53

I personally got to level 3 and I disagree that what we saw was just the tip of the iceberg. We pretty much saw 80% of the game and the new levels just do MORE of what we already saw basically.
Enemy that used to shoot one projectile now has a variant that shoots 2. Or a new one later that shoots 4 and such.

Where is the platforming that someone mentioned? What puzzles? Stand on a button or push a single pillar is a puzzle now?

You can't even play the game as much as you want cause you have the energy bar thingy so you have to wait for it to refill after like 3 or 4 attempts.

The grind is bad, I'm sorry but it is. Saw that someone said that the grind is fine and I assume that person is just used to mobile games grinding so this is fine to them cause they are trained at it. If you are not a mobile games player the grind is just bad.

I don't know, maybe I am blind, but I got halfway through level 3 out of 5 levels and they were all the same. I think there was one chamber where you had to just go forward to reach the exit before the ceiling collapsing kills you, but that was just "run forward" until you reach the end with no obstacles.