www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

charmedangelin 28-10-19 00:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cal20608 (Post 8144561)
I think that there is some divide in that a good story takes away from gameplay and a gameplay driven game has a lackluster story. Which are games like that sure. But I want to see both in a game. Just running around in a game with no reason is eventually boring. And if it is just a movie with quick time events isnt really a game anymore in my perspective.

I would say that's a true perspective. Video games are all about hands on experience. When you take out the hands on experience can we really call it a video game?

Not making any statements about reboot tomb raider btw, just agreeing with this perspective about video games in general.

That's why to me if a games story is lacking that's ok because games are much more about that hands on experience than anything else.

LaraCablara 28-10-19 02:51

WAIT WAIT WAIT hold up.

So over the course of the year I purchased each DLC individually. Now I am locked out of purchasing the last one (The Path Home) unless I buy a season pass for like 30 bucks??

What???

Someone please tell me Square didn't do me so wrong.

charmedangelin 28-10-19 02:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaraCablara (Post 8144579)
WAIT WAIT WAIT hold up.

So over the course of the year I purchased each DLC individually. Now I am locked out of purchasing the last one (The Path Home) unless I buy a season pass for like 30 bucks??

What???

Yes, the last DLC was exclusive to the season pass. They mentioned this when the DLCs released.

LaraCablara 28-10-19 02:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by charmedangelin (Post 8144580)
Yes, the last DLC was exclusive to the season pass. They mentioned this when the DLCs released.

:confused:

I was NOT aware.

Well. I loved Shadow. But I hate it. This game can kiss my butt :mad: Why was it even an option to purchase it all individually?

JsotoTRSaga 28-10-19 02:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaraCablara (Post 8144579)
WAIT WAIT WAIT hold up.

So over the course of the year I purchased each DLC individually. Now I am locked out of purchasing the last one (The Path Home) unless I buy a season pass for like 30 bucks??

What???

Someone please tell me Square didn't do me so wrong.

It sucks big time but sadly it is exactly what you are thinking.

Edit: oops

Horrible decisions with Shadow of the Tomb Raider through and through. It's like everywhere you look there's always something obviously wrong with Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Even how it sells it's DLC. I think it's best the series takes a rest, as far as insulting the consumer is concerned Shadow is the worst offender of the trilogy.

Lyle Croft 28-10-19 02:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaraCablara (Post 8144579)
WAIT WAIT WAIT hold up.

So over the course of the year I purchased each DLC individually. Now I am locked out of purchasing the last one (The Path Home) unless I buy a season pass for like 30 bucks??

What???

Someone please tell me Square didn't do me so wrong.

They did you wrong.
They got your coins.
Paititi apocalypse.

charmedangelin 28-10-19 02:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaraCablara (Post 8144581)
:confused:

I was NOT aware.

Well. I loved Shadow. But I hate it. This game can kiss my butt :mad: Why was it even an option to purchase it all individually?

I agree, I think it's pretty stupid to do that to people who bought them individually. The whole marketing of Shadow was an utter disaster and it's still a mess with the definative edition.

Perhaps you can wait and see how much it will cost to upgrade to the definative edition. Chances are it should be much less then $30.

Yuna´s Wish 28-10-19 03:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaraCablara (Post 8144581)
:confused:

I was NOT aware.

Well. I loved Shadow. But I hate it. This game can kiss my butt :mad: Why was it even an option to purchase it all individually?

If I remember correctly, it was said in the very beginning. Probably when the different editions were announced. It is also explained in the Season Pass' description in the store.

The option to buy them individually was, perhaps, to those who wanted to see what they were like before spending all that money to buy the package. Or to those who owned it in more than one platform and only cared to buy again only their favorite pieces.

EDIT: All that said, it'd be nice if you could buy the Season Pass for a much cheaper price, considering you have most of its main components.

LaraCablara 28-10-19 03:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by charmedangelin (Post 8144585)
I agree, I think it's pretty stupid to do that to people who bought them individually. The whole marketing of Shadow was an utter disaster and it's still a mess with the definative edition.

Perhaps you can wait and see how much it will cost to upgrade to the definative edition. Chances are it should be much less then $30.

Is it pointless to email Square or something about it? There is no way I am paying anything more than 5 bucks for another less than hour long DLC. I paid my 30 bucks by buying each individually :mad:

Its my fault for missing whatever notification they sent out but cmon by the time I even heard of DLC there were already 4 out and I barely paid attention to the game.

xspacedude 28-10-19 03:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish (Post 8144586)
If I remember correctly, it was said in the very beginning. Probably when the different editions were announced. It is also explained in the Season Pass' description in the store.

The option to buy them individually was, perhaps, to those who wanted to see what they were like before spending all that money to buy the package. Or to those who owned it in more than one platform and only cared to buy again only their favorite pieces.

Yep, it was always advertised that one of the 7 DLCs would be exclusive to the season pass

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaraCablara (Post 8144587)
Is it pointless to email Square or something about it? There is no way I am paying anything more than 5 bucks for another less than hour long DLC. I paid my 30 bucks by buying each individually :mad:

Its my fault for missing whatever notification they sent out but cmon by the time I even heard of DLC there were already 4 out and I barely paid attention to the game.

I’m sorry but that’s totally on you. Although in my opinion the DLCs weren’t advertised that well bc they didn’t even care to say that you had to access them through the main campaign, making many people play on the main menu a complain abou “5 minutes dlc”. But hey, you’re not alone, I payed for the season pass twice :vlol:


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:16.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.