www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

Blackmoor 18-11-19 18:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaskito (Post 8152887)
I get what you mean - but the plot needs to be considered. She was meant to reach those places in the game story. How she does it, there's a million different possibilities that we could come up with

I get what you're saying too and ultimately it's just personal taste, but in the interests of the discussion: It's a dilemma all writing faces - do you want to come up with compelling and imaginative ways to overcome obstacles (and so make your story engrossing and unpredictable) or do you want to stick in something just because it gets your character onto the next plot point but is unsatisfying or unbeliveable?

To me it's a case of what's the point of taking us to adventureous places meeting isolated, mysterious tribes if the encounter is as difficult as making friends at a new school in the area you've just moved to?

I mean I get it, gameplay is king, but if you're going to wrap it in a story with these challenges, then don't be surprised if some people don't find it satisfying if you make all story obstacles 2 inches high, one's that Lara simply walks straight over.

OrangeJuice 18-11-19 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pi4oran (Post 8152948)
Guys have you experienced this? Today I was running around Paiteeteeh and equipped the grey henley and noticed that whenever Lara jumps she would shout much louder and fiercer, rather than saying they usual "hop". She was literally screaming like she was jumping across a huge chasm "aaaargh" and there were multiple variations of it. I thought it was a new addition with update 2.0 but no when I changed outfits it went back to normal and I couldn't replicate it anymore. It was very cool believe me. Turns out to be another bug though :)

no but i wanna try that out now lmao

also, @ the people playing on pc: have the cutscenes become incredibly laggy for anyone else? the game runs fine and it's not framedrops im talking about, it's just the audio and "video"/rendering going out of synch and sometimes the characters will straight up rewind their animations lmao and it's very very weird.

Pi4oran 18-11-19 19:13

[QUOTE=OrangeJuice;8152978]no but i wanna try that out now lmao

Found.a video of the bug on YouTube
https://youtu.be/1H3JL7j21eM

Athukraz 18-11-19 19:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeJuice (Post 8152978)
no but i wanna try that out now lmao

also, @ the people playing on pc: have the cutscenes become incredibly laggy for anyone else? the game runs fine and it's not framedrops im talking about, it's just the audio and "video"/rendering going out of synch and sometimes the characters will straight up rewind their animations lmao and it's very very weird.

Didn't you just uninstall the game sis

xspacedude 18-11-19 19:20

You can make Lara scream like that when youíre on your way to the cenote. In the eye of the serpent jump straight to the water instead of grabbing that wall in the middle. Every little jump will make Lara scream like that and itís specially cool ler when you do that awesome dive in to the cenote.

Vaskito 18-11-19 21:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeJuice (Post 8152930)
and so many better ones than what we got. it takes lara literally 4-5 mins to gain their trust, and they dont question it ever again afterwards. plus she's not even surprised they speak perfect english. i totally see compromises have to be made, but in this case it's just lazy writing.

I mean, she saves her son from being murdered by the cult of Kukulkan.
Why they speak English is explained in the game. Itís not lazy writing

OrangeJuice 18-11-19 21:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athukraz (Post 8152986)
Didn't you just uninstall the game sis

ive reinstalled it? and im having a nice time with it i was just pointing out the lags lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaskito (Post 8153040)
I mean, she saves her son from being murdered by the cult of Kukulkan.

which is such a bland, convenient trope i can't help but feel like you've just reinforced my point

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaskito (Post 8153040)
Why they speak English is explained in the game.

clearly not my point. im talking about lara not having a reaction to it when she first stumbles upon paititi.
again this is the same game that tells you to mind narrative inconsistencies when wearing certain outfits after the story's over so you'd guess they cared about world building and immersion.

SoraSakai 18-11-19 21:52

That scene of Lara saving him doesn’t even make sense from the context of “Looking at the scene from Lara’s point of view.”

She finds a boy, obviously his leg is caught in some trap. She offers help and gets closer and closer to him. Keep in mind that she’s fully armed. Covered head to toe in dangerous weapons.

Other tribesmen come running up and start attacking Lara. From her perspective, they were rushing to save the boy from some random armed foreigner. There was no reason for her to think they were coming to attack the boy. He didn’t even tell her anything at that point.

It’s really one of the worst scenes in the game because of how convenient and cheesy it is.

Tomb Raidering 18-11-19 22:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoraSakai (Post 8153055)
Unuratu’s death scene says hello! :wve:

Unuratu facing Rourke but being shot from the back, Unuratu shooting an arrow towards the side of the stealthy enemy whilst standing in front, the ‘dramatic’ talk with Lara whilst the amulet clips through certain objects, Rourke’s limited screentime... >.<

Originally Posted by SoraSakai (Post 8153060)
I think my internet killed itself and so my post delayed and appeared twice. Can a mod delete this please? Sorry.

I know the feeling... :/

Vaskito 18-11-19 22:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoraSakai (Post 8153055)
Other tribesmen come running up and start attacking Lara. From her perspective, they were rushing to save the boy from some random armed foreigner. There was no reason for her to think they were coming to attack the boy. He didnít even tell her anything at that point.

Regarding this specific portion, does it matter? They shot an arrow that missed their heads by mere inches. They were shooting to kill, either her or him being the target doesn't really matter