Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Underworld (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Is it still possible to port Lara's Shadow and BTA DLC to Pc (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=223831)

GaviCroftREmix 19-12-19 21:01

Is it still possible to port Lara's Shadow and BTA DLC to Pc

I heard it was possible but the project or porting was canceled due to someone not get credit out of it even it would be very nice for us play such a game but i believed with technology we have now and new versions of TR it would still be possible to make the DLC just suggesting.

Maverin 19-12-19 23:56

I wouldn't underestimate the time and resources it would take to actually make this happen. It's not like it's some easy porting job which could be achieved in a day or two's work.

Even though I'd absolutely love to enjoy these games on the PC myself, there's also the legal matters. It's possible that CD/SE made a pact with Microsoft for a indefinite period of time.
In that case I'd require their permission which would make things way too complicated and would basically prevent this from ever happening.

IncultaWolf 21-12-19 05:45

IIRC several years ago there was someone that had the ability to port the outfits over, but they wanted donations/money, and ended up not going through with the process. It honestly doesn't matter much anymore. Xenia is progressing fairly well. So you'll be able to emulate all the content on PC in the future.

Edming 21-12-19 09:13

It's possible now, but it's much easier for you to grab a cheap Xbox One console and get it there tbh :D

GaviCroftREmix 21-12-19 16:51

[QUOTE=IncultaWolf;8160307]IIRC several years ago there was someone that had the ability to port the outfits over, but they wanted donations/money and ended up not going through with the process. It honestly doesn't matter much anymore. Xenia is progressing fairly well. So you'll be able to emulate all the content on PC in the future.[/QUOTE]

The only reason why is that then we can see doppelgangers unused animation like swimming or probably pole vaulting then if so if we got it outfits in then we can also mod them to look like on of are Xna Lara models you know possibilities I think where endless if they went through with it, also if outfits can get ported I would rather prefer that instead of levels and maybe Lara's shadow outfit but as just Lara but I feel even so I am asking for too much but I wish I could help but I someone can fill me in how this project has started and I could how to tools work I would love to investigate, also I think the ps3 and Xbox versions are almost the same builds and I think looking to see if you can maybe go from you know 360---> PS3---Pc

GaviCroftREmix 24-12-19 17:02

[QUOTE=Maverin;8160053]I wouldn't underestimate the time and resources it would take to actually make this happen. It's not like it's some easy porting job which could be achieved in a day or two's work.

Even though I'd absolutely love to enjoy these games on the PC myself, there's also the legal matters. It's possible that CD/SE made a pact with Microsoft for a indefinite period of time.
In that case I'd require their permission which would make things way too complicated and would basically prevent this from ever happening.[/QUOTE]

Isn't Gh0stBlade still aware or has some residue of the project left.

Gh0stBlade 24-12-19 22:49

So basically a few months ago I revisited this project due to new findings in the TR engine. The finding in question was in regards to relocation data.

After attempting to swap two models the game has always crashed for some reason. The cause initially was the relocation table header but after fixing this issue the game loads further but crashes at the very start.

So the question is can we port the DLC costumes to PC?

Answer: Not at this point in time. Not unless someone figures out how to swap two models in the engine. Sadly the community aren't really into experimenting with file format manipulation and I don't have the time to figure out why the game is crashing when swapping a model.

So until someone figures out how to swap 2 models in the engine the answer is not possible yet.

Cheers.

GaviCroftREmix 25-12-19 01:09

[QUOTE=Gh0stBlade;8161211]So basically a few months ago I revisited this project due to new findings in the TR engine. The finding in question was in regards to relocation data.

After attempting to swap two models the game has always crashed for some reason. The cause initially was the relocation table header but after fixing this issue the game loads further but crashes at the very start.

Answer: Not at this point in time. Not unless someone figures out how to swap two models in the engine. Sadly the community isn't really into experimenting with file format manipulation and I don't have the time to figure out why the game is crashing when swapping a model.

So until someone figures out how to swap 2 models in the engine the answer is not possible yet.

Cheers.[/QUOTE]
Do have any resources you can possibly share privately if that's ok or have they been removed due to cancelation.
Also, I did some observations with the UWE SCU there are slots or empty at that like dlc_costume_x or lara_doppelganger it looks there are spots for the obj placement yet the game says when you try to load them they are missing.

Gh0stBlade 25-12-19 02:09

[QUOTE=GaviCroftREmix;8161227]Do have any resources you can possibly share privately if that's ok or have they been removed due to cancelation.
Also, I did some observations with the UWE SCU there are slots or empty at that like dlc_costume_x or lara_doppelganger it looks there are spots for the obj placement yet the game says when you try to load them they are missing.[/QUOTE]
All the tools are written by me and public. Have been for years but again until you find out how to actually swap two models in the engine we cannot import new ones.

Nothing has been canceled there was never an official project announcement for porting DLC content to PC. I am aware of those placeholder dlc costume slots. You will get a crash when loading them because the files are missing for them.

Cheers.

BlueCake 25-12-19 04:48

Come to think of it, after all these years, some TR fans never had a chance to play those two DLCs. I'm sure there's absolutely no reason to keep it exclusive anymore (at least make it avaiable on Windows), they prob just can't bother porting it.

GaviCroftREmix 25-12-19 17:08

[QUOTE=BlueCake;8161246]Come to think of it, after all these years, some TR fans never had a chance to play those two DLCs. I'm sure there's absolutely no reason to keep it exclusive anymore (at least make it available on Windows), they prob just can't bother porting it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, ever since the trilogy came out those haven't been possible and honestly, if they released the trilogy on the ps3 they could have released the DLC with but since when does there DLC belong Microsoft because they bought so what, it is their's they made it and they have the right to do what they want with it. If it ever ends up being possibly ported to the ps5 I think they could at least do that.

GaviCroftREmix 25-12-19 22:38

[QUOTE=Gh0stBlade;8161211]So basically a few months ago I revisited this project due to new findings in the TR engine. The finding in question was in regards to relocation data.

Answer: Not at this point in time. Not unless someone figures out how to swap two models in the engine. Sadly the community aren't really into experimenting with file format manipulation and I don't have the time to figure out why the game is crashing when swapping a model.

Cheers.[/QUOTE]

Ok so since we have the new tomb raiders I've seen you mod the definitive edition to pc which like you said this applies to meshes which generally crashes things if 2013 runs the same engine you used a patch to do so and with either DLC outfits or levels I feel like the game is size-based cause I played with your program gibbed unpacker and repack the game will crash if the two of the same Lara models are switched getting an error saying Corrupt CDRM if somehow the 2013 version is able to bypass this there has to be some code telling the game that any other file other than what is placed will result in crashing.

(whenever or when you want to is there a way to dump the error code from the game.)

ThatSassyKid 26-12-19 02:18

[QUOTE=BlueCake;8161246]Come to think of it, after all these years, some TR fans never had a chance to play those two DLCs. I'm sure there's absolutely no reason to keep it exclusive anymore (at least make it avaiable on Windows), they prob just can't bother porting it.[/QUOTE]

I've never played them.

GaviCroftREmix 26-12-19 02:41

[QUOTE=ThatSassyKid;8161381]I've never played them.[/QUOTE]

My Point Exactly the fact that no was ever to play them is sad and if did make DLC for ps3 and pc they would have more of an audience.

Gh0stBlade 26-12-19 13:31

[QUOTE=GaviCroftREmix;8161368]Ok so since we have the new tomb raiders I've seen you mod the definitive edition to pc which like you said this applies to meshes which generally crashes things if 2013 runs the same engine you used a patch to do so and with either DLC outfits or levels I feel like the game is size-based cause I played with your program gibbed unpacker and repack the game will crash if the two of the same Lara models are switched getting an error saying Corrupt CDRM if somehow the 2013 version is able to bypass this there has to be some code telling the game that any other file other than what is placed will result in crashing.

(whenever or when you want to is there a way to dump the error code from the game.)[/QUOTE]

It's nothing to do with the TR2013 Engine bypassing anything. Different engine versions have different file formats and semantics. Though similar, TRU's mesh format heavily relies on a relocation table where, as it's not as bad for TR2013. If you got a corrupt CDRM format error when swapping two models then you did something seriously wrong. The error in question doesn't tell you anything useful and without source code it's borderline impossible to debug. I don't believe checksums are used.

Cheers.

GaviCroftREmix 26-12-19 15:16

[QUOTE=Gh0stBlade;8161407]It's nothing to do with the TR2013 Engine bypassing anything. Different engine versions have different file formats and semantics. Though similar, TRU's mesh format heavily relies on a relocation table where, as it's not as bad for TR2013. If you got a corrupt CDRM format error when swapping two models then you did something seriously wrong. The error in question doesn't tell you anything useful and without source code it's borderline impossible to debug. I don't believe checksums are used.

Cheers.[/QUOTE]

:confused:So just replacing .drm file names don't work or do I have to go further into files to do so I mean all I want to see is that if it does read DLC outfits.

(oh by the this isn't frustrating/distracting you is it):innocent:

Gh0stBlade 26-12-19 15:35

[QUOTE=GaviCroftREmix;8161422]:confused:So just replacing .drm file names don't work or do I have to go further into files to do so I mean all I want to see is that if it does read DLC outfits.

(oh by the this isn't frustrating/distracting you is it):innocent:[/QUOTE]

You can't just swap two DRM files, that's not how the engine works and it will crash anyway.

You need to unpack the DRM file and then repack it after switching the model section and updating its relocation table which will result in the same crash I get. If someone resolves the crash I will definitely look into porting the X360 DLC character models to PC.

Cheers.

GaviCroftREmix 26-12-19 16:17

[QUOTE=Gh0stBlade;8161425]You can't just swap two DRM files, that's not how the engine works and it will crash anyway.

You need to unpack the DRM file and then repack it after switching the model section and updating its relocation table which will result in the same crash I get. If someone resolves the crash I will definitely look into porting the X360 DLC character models to PC.

Cheers.[/QUOTE]

the obj file would be the model section right or is a group of files.

Gh0stBlade 26-12-19 16:21

[QUOTE=GaviCroftREmix;8161426]the obj file would be the model section right or is a group of files.[/QUOTE]

There is no obj file. It's just a section of the DRM which is tagged as being a model.

Cheers.

GaviCroftREmix 26-12-19 17:56

[QUOTE=Gh0stBlade;8161427]There is no obj file. It's just a section of the DRM which is tagged as being a model.

Cheers.[/QUOTE]

You don't happen to somehow know them, do you? also, I tried to use the cdrm and drm.exe and for the Xbox ver. it doesn't extract it instantly closes out when doing so.

Gh0stBlade 26-12-19 18:23

[QUOTE=GaviCroftREmix;8161442]You don't happen to somehow know them, do you?[/QUOTE]

Know what? mesh section basically has the extension .tr8mesh.

[QUOTE=GaviCroftREmix;8161442]also, I tried to use the cdrm and drm.exe and for the Xbox ver. it doesn't extract it instantly closes out when doing so.[/QUOTE]

Then you did it wrong, there are tools for each platform, you probably used the PC ones on Xbox files which won't work obviously.

Use Xenon tools for X360.

Cheers.

GaviCroftREmix 26-12-19 18:31

[QUOTE=Gh0stBlade;8161453]Know what? mesh section basically has the extension .tr8mesh.

Then you did it wrong, there are tools for each platform, you probably used the PC ones on Xbox files which won't work obviously.

Use Xenon tools for X360.

Cheers.[/QUOTE]

The CDRM one works but after I use it DRM Doesn't extract.

Gh0stBlade 26-12-19 19:34

[QUOTE=GaviCroftREmix;8161456]The CDRM one works but after I use it DRM Doesn't extract.[/QUOTE]

Compile the code yourself or use an earlier release. I believe I fixed those bugs quite recently.

Cheers.

GaviCroftREmix 27-12-19 22:00

[QUOTE=Gh0stBlade;8161472]Compile the code yourself or use an earlier release. I believe I fixed those bugs quite recently.

Cheers.[/QUOTE]

Is there a possible way to get the game to recognize the DLC outfits though the outfit selection.

Gh0stBlade 27-12-19 23:08

[QUOTE=GaviCroftREmix;8161636]Is there a possible way to get the game to recognize the DLC outfits though the outfit selection.[/QUOTE]

The game executable will need hacking for that. Again, this is too far ahead. If you can't swap models then you're already screwed.

Cheers.

GaviCroftREmix 27-12-19 23:11

[QUOTE=Gh0stBlade;8161642]The game executable will need hacking for that. Again, this is too far ahead. If you can't swap models then you're already screwed.

Cheers.[/QUOTE]

I don't know I have a gut feeling its the game's way of saying you're not allowed to swap models but I am not giving up also can it be patched in instead of placing the file in the main big file.

Gh0stBlade 27-12-19 23:37

[QUOTE=GaviCroftREmix;8161643]I don't know I have a gut feeling its the game's way of saying you're not allowed to swap models but I am not giving up also can it be patched in instead of placing the file in the main big file.[/QUOTE]

You can add files to patch.000 which rebuilds relatively quickly. I usually do this when testing.

Cheers.

GaviCroftREmix 28-12-19 00:32

[QUOTE=Gh0stBlade;8161649]You can add files to patch.000 which rebuilds relatively quickly. I usually do this when testing.

Cheers.[/QUOTE]

I am still having trouble with the drm executable like I feel like it works but it just shows the cmd but disappears for a split second.

Gh0stBlade 28-12-19 01:00

[QUOTE=GaviCroftREmix;8161657]I am still having trouble with the drm executable like I feel like it works but it just shows the cmd but disappears for a split second.[/QUOTE]

Launch it directly from command line and tell me what error message it spits out.

Cheers.

GaviCroftREmix 28-12-19 01:14

[QUOTE=Gh0stBlade;8161660]Launch it directly from command line and tell me what error message it spits out.

Cheers.[/QUOTE]

Insufficient amount of args

Gh0stBlade 28-12-19 01:29

[QUOTE=GaviCroftREmix;8161662]Insufficient amount of args[/QUOTE]

Try this: [url]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/396080766892638215/660292303709143080/TR8-CDRM-DRM-Tool.rar[/url]

Ok so, here is the basic workflow of modifying TR8 files.

CDRM tool, you simply drag and drop the [b]compressed[/b] .drm file onto the "CDRM.exe" file to decompress the DRM.

DRM tool, you simply drag and drop the .drm file onto the .exe to unpack the DRM sections.

Make your modification.

Drag and drop the folder DRM.EXE unpacked to onto DRM.EXE to pack it back to "Repacked.drm"

Drag and drop "Repacked.drm" onto CDRM.EXE to compress it back.

Rename the new DRM to it's correct filename.

Import into patch.000 by modifying the XML file.

Cheers.

GaviCroftREmix 28-12-19 02:07

[QUOTE=Gh0stBlade;8161667]Try this: [url]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/396080766892638215/660292303709143080/TR8-CDRM-DRM-Tool.rar[/url]

Ok so, here is the basic workflow of modifying TR8 files.

CDRM tool, you simply drag and drop the [b]compressed[/b] .drm file onto the "CDRM.exe" file to decompress the DRM.

DRM tool, you simply drag and drop the .drm file onto the .exe to unpack the DRM sections.

Make your modification.

Drag and drop the folder DRM.EXE unpacked to onto DRM.EXE to pack it back to "Repacked.drm"

Drag and drop "Repacked.drm" onto CDRM.EXE to compress it back.

Rename the new DRM to it's correct filename.

Import into patch.000 by modifying the XML file.

Cheers.[/QUOTE]

I believe you just renaming and replacing will just break everything.
and so you think you can explain which file extensions are linked to Lara's model so I have DTP files and TR8files is a there simpler way of organizing this

Gh0stBlade 28-12-19 02:27

[QUOTE=GaviCroftREmix;8161682]I believe you just renaming and replacing will just break everything.
and so you think you can explain which file extensions are linked to Lara's model so I have DTP files and TR8files is a there simpler way of organizing this[/QUOTE]

No simpler way. Upon cooking all original filenames are lost so you're left with hashed names like the tool produces. Also, Lara's model is the largest TR8MESH file. Good luck.

Cheers.

GaviCroftREmix 28-12-19 03:17

[QUOTE=Gh0stBlade;8161683]No simpler way. Upon cooking all original filenames are lost so you're left with hashed names like the tool produces. Also, Lara's model is the largest TR8MESH file. Good luck.

Cheers.[/QUOTE]

Error Message from TRU.exe
Wrong DRM version data 4344524d, code 13
rebuild of PC-W\lara_wetsuit_warm.drm needed

So I used the xbox version of the outfit and this somehow happened

Also I got a mismatch hash check while compressing the file.

Gh0stBlade 28-12-19 16:23

[QUOTE=GaviCroftREmix;8161687]Error Message from TRU.exe
Wrong DRM version data 4344524d, code 13
rebuild of PC-W\lara_wetsuit_warm.drm needed

So I used the xbox version of the outfit and this somehow happened

Also I got a mismatch hash check while compressing the file.[/QUOTE]

You're doing it wrong, if you listened you'd already have all the answers. You can't just swap and Xbox outfit into the PC engine. It must be [b]converted[/b] and no such converter exists yet.

Yet again you're going too far ahead, until someone finds out how to swap [b]two PC models[/b].... I'm not writing any Xbox to PC converters.

The error you experienced looks like you tried to load a CDRM in the PC engine with the wrong endian.

Cheers.

GaviCroftREmix 28-12-19 21:45

[QUOTE=Gh0stBlade;8161739]You're doing it wrong, if you listened you'd already have all the answers. You can't just swap and Xbox outfit into the PC engine. It must be [b]converted[/b] and no such converter exists yet.

Yet again you're going too far ahead, until someone finds out how to swap [b]two PC models[/b].... I'm not writing any Xbox to PC converters.

The error you experienced looks like you tried to load a CDRM in the PC engine with the wrong endian.

Cheers.[/QUOTE] I apologize but I understand what your saying now I feel as if it is the executable causing this not only as if it knows either outfit may exist or it see abnormalities because changing the name of the mesh breaks the game as well and editing them section list doesn't change anything

GaviCroftREmix 30-12-19 06:40

[QUOTE=Gh0stBlade;8161739]You're doing it wrong, if you listened you'd already have all the answers. You can't just swap and Xbox outfit into the PC engine. It must be [b]converted[/b] and no such converter exists yet.

Cheers.[/QUOTE]

Now then if it's possible to do you have a way of decoding the mesh to view or change its someway ID or outfit code.

Gh0stBlade 30-12-19 15:05

[QUOTE=GaviCroftREmix;8161929]Now then if it's possible to do you have a way of decoding the mesh to view or change its someway ID or outfit code.[/QUOTE]

You can change the mesh IDs by using a hex editor, the format is fully documented in the code.

Cheers.

GaviCroftREmix 02-01-20 15:36

[QUOTE=Gh0stBlade;8161978]You can change the mesh IDs by using a hex editor, the format is fully documented in the code.

Cheers.[/QUOTE]

If you already done this you said you had to change the Relocation table and you said it loaded but it crashed when the seen loads or was crash on load screen.

Gh0stBlade 02-01-20 21:09

[QUOTE=GaviCroftREmix;8162622]If you already done this you said you had to change the Relocation table and you said it loaded but it crashed when the seen loads or was crash on load screen.[/QUOTE]

I changed the id in drm header. Relocation table header and material ids. Game still crashes.

Cheers.