www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   8th Tomb Slot... (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=222664)

Heisenberg 19-04-19 10:18

8th Tomb Slot...

So we all are aware that there is an 8th Tomb slot, and seeing that 7 7 7 Season Pass is over by April 23d, the question is this, new content for free or $4.99+?

I see a lot of debate about this and I want to discuss it in a thread dedicated to it. Not uncovering what it is but is it in the season pass or not? Maybe Morrigan can let us know too.

As for my opinion, I bought the Croft Edition because it was said to include everything aside from the Statue and bottle opener and flashlight objects of the Ultimate Edition. Thus, the Croft Edition owners should have the 8th DLC.

I think, whatever it may be, may be exclusive to Season Pass owners or as a free update for everyone as fanservice due to the backlash of the Tribal outfits and at times, lackluster content and anger and dissatisfaction the SP made the majority of fans feel.

What are your thoughts?

E.Carnby 19-04-19 10:31

Season pass was a huge content (7 tombs, 7 outfits, 7 sklills), I just have one complaint. Outfits. Thematically, it fit into Paititi and the tombs. It made sense but it was not aesthetic for my eyes and taste.
However, if the eighth DLC will be sold separately, without including the season pass, I will not be angry. But it is a paradox that Croft edition is without Croft stuff. Simply rename it to Paititi edition from now.

I'd like EM to take more time (3 months at least) and make the whole manor. All floors, gardens, underground, attic, simply everything. I hope it will not just little $ 5 content.
Perhaps Croft Manor will be released one year after release (september) and it will be like as part Shadow of The Tomb Raider Game of The Year Edition.

Heisenberg 19-04-19 10:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by E.Carnby (Post 8076572)
Season pass was a huge content (7 tombs, 7 outfits, 7 sklills), I just have one complaint. Outfits. Thematically, it fit into Paititi and the tombs. It made sense but it was not aesthetic for my eyes and taste.
However, if the eighth DLC will be sold separately, without including the season pass, I will not be angry. But it is a paradox that Croft edition is without Croft stuff. Simply rename it to Paititi edition from now.

I'd like EM to take more time (3 months at least) and make the whole manor. All floors, gardens, underground, attic, simply everything. I hope it will not just little $ 5 content.
Perhaps Croft Manor will be released one year after release (september) and it will be like as part Shadow of The Tomb Raider Game of The Year Edition.

I am still strongy against this DLC being something extra to pay for and so should we all be. I'd have waited for this Final final final edition of the game to get it. Also, it isn't GOTY.

If they make this DLC something extra and not in the Croft Edition and/or season pass I will be disappointed and truly let down.

Hope that will not be the case.

Rai 19-04-19 10:58

You know what I totally forgot to check the list when I played the other day.

I dunno, I'm gonna remain sceptical and believe it was automatically generated as part of a list. For me that's the best way rather than get hyped for something that may not be a thing.

On the off chance it is a thing, I think it will be included in the season pass as a special extra, just like Blood Ties was.

Heisenberg 19-04-19 11:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 8076575)
You know what I totally forgot to check the list when I played the other day.

I dunno, I'm gonna remain sceptical and believe it was automatically generated as part of a list. For me that's the best way rather than get hyped for something that may not be a thing.

On the off chance it is a thing, I think it will be included in the season pass as a special extra, just like Blood Ties was.

I hope so too.

Mikky 19-04-19 11:40

Oh yeah, the 8th slot that is definitely, without a doubt NOT the Croft Manor. Like, we have no confirmation at all. Hahahaha.

Nah, I'm not worried at all that we'll have to pay for it. It will be exactly how it was with Blood Ties: people who already owned the season pass didn't have to pay for it.

On the off chance that they DO charge extra for it, sure, y'all be angry about it but you'll still pay anyway so... Good luck with that.

Jamise_Croft 19-04-19 11:51

I'm sure that the DLC8 will be with the season pass :tea:

EzioMaverick 19-04-19 12:24

I don't get why are we even discussing this,
They have no planned roadmap for any content after season pass and they are not gonna piss off season pass owners or croft edition owners by charging whatever that comes next.

Multiple companies have done this in the past, given content out side of the season pass for free.
Here are two examples that i remember.

Bf4 premium was over. We still got additional three maps for free, additional camos, guns etc.
The division season pass was over, we got new legendary mission modes, a whole new area for pve and multiple global modifiers as events.

They are not gonna charge anything, else lizard wouldn't have called it a "Fan service".

Fan service happens when devs go out of their way to give you free content which is exactly what is happening here.

AntRaidsTombs 19-04-19 13:57

I believe it’s two tombs in the last part of the DLC

Robwood 19-04-19 14:00

Let's look at the facts.

1. There is a slot for an eighth tomb.
2. There was a 9.2 GB file that has yet to be justified. Computer players never got this file.
3. Morrigan has confirmed that there will be further DLC released after the 23rd (one outfit).

A. It's reasonable to presume that the eighth slot is intentional, as one DLC cycle (UPDATE: now two!) has passed and the slot is still visible. If it was a mistake, then chopping it off for the next release would have taken no time at all (if anyone programmer savvy thinks otherwise, then please explain your thoughts on the matter). Why tease customers with additional content that won't exist? Given the mounting tension concerning old issues yet to be resolved and the extremely poor reception the wardrobe has received, leaving such a mistake in would only serve to ignite the flames even further and they can kiss future money goodbye.

B. I'm no programmer, but I think 9.2 GB is too big a number to justify with bug fixes alone, especially since we still got the 3 GB file for the DLC that came before the release of the next DLC (both the 9.2 and the 3 were installed before The Price, if I recall correctly). Additional content is now sitting in our consoles waiting to be accessed and it's massive--the size of three DLC crypts and tombs.

C. Logically, something else will be released after the 23rd. If not, then EM would be rushing to get this final attire out the door by that date. They therefore have more work ahead of them.

In concern with point C, if all that would be released after the 23rd was going to be nothing more than bug fixes, then I don't see how that alone would be enough to justify delaying the final costume. It would be far more reasonable that we were going to get something more noticeable to go along with it. Whether that be an additional clothing pack or something grander is up for conjecture.

In concern with point B, I don't think that the 9.2 GB file is being used to supplement the path DLCs that were released afterward. Every DLC beforehand stood well enough on their own. Even though some of the later ones introduced new mechanics, we've seen that EM waits until they can get everything working before they release it, so it's feasible to infer that the large file isn't being used to support the smaller files, as there are no indicators for it to behave as a foundation for any of the DLCs. Most probably what's sitting on our consoles now is a new area that they're building upon as they go along making the DLC and fixing issues. Remember that computer players didn't get this 9.2 GB file--they're hiding something and they don't want the word getting out too soon. Also, as this file is already on our consoles, it would be very bad business indeed if they locked it behind a paywall, so I doubt we'd have to fork over extra money in order to unlock it.

In concern with point A, if we were to see a new hub area, then it makes sense that it would take up one spot, so the eighth slot would naturally be used in order to access it from the main menu just like the DLC extras. If it continues to follow suit with the DLC, then this content will also be available in game. If not, then it's Croft Manor. :D Either that or chapter replay and/or endurance mode, or some other content along those lines, including the possibility that the final DLC will have two challenge tombs. (UPDATE: that possibility is now gone as we know that The Path only has one accompanying challenge tomb.)

This is what I'm able to determine with what seems to make sense from an outsider's perspective. As I lack the esoteric knowledge (both as a programmer and as a fly on the wall at EM) necessary to fill in the blanks, I can't say with any certainty that what I've presented is, indeed, the case. However, if I haven't hit the nail on the head, then I'm reasonably sure that I at least came pretty close.

Heisenberg 19-04-19 14:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robwood (Post 8076627)
Let's look at the facts.

1. There is a slot for an eighth tomb.
2. There was a 9.2 GB file that has yet to be justified. Computer players never got this file.
3. Morrigan has confirmed that there will be further DLC released after the 23rd (one outfit).

A. It's reasonable to presume that the eighth slot is intentional, as one DLC cycle has passed and the slot is still visible. If it was a mistake, then chopping it off for the next release would have taken no time at all (if anyone programmer savvy thinks otherwise, then please explain your thoughts on the matter). Why tease customers with additional content that won't exist? Given the mounting tension concerning old issues yet to be resolved and the extremely poor reception the wardrobe has received, leaving such a mistake in would only serve to ignite the flames even further and they can kiss future money goodbye.

B. I'm no programmer, but I think 9.2 GB is too big a number to justify with bug fixes alone, especially since we still got the 3 GB file for the DLC that came before the release of the next DLC (both the 9.2 and the 3 were installed before The Price, if I recall correctly). Additional content is now sitting in our consoles waiting to be accessed and it's massive--the size of three DLC crypts and tombs.

C. Logically, something else will be released after the 23rd. If not, then EM would be rushing to get this final attire out the door by that date. They therefore have more work ahead of them.

In concern with point C, if all that would be released after the 23rd was going to be nothing more than bug fixes, then I don't see how that alone would be enough to justify delaying the final costume. It would be far more reasonable that we were going to get something more noticeable to go along with it. Whether that be an additional clothing pack or something grander is up for conjecture.

In concern with point B, I don't think that the 9.2 GB file is being used to supplement the path DLCs that were released afterward. Every DLC beforehand stood well enough on their own. Even though some of the later ones introduced new mechanics, we've seen that EM waits until they can get everything working before they release it, so it's feasible to infer that the large file isn't being used to support the smaller files, as there are no indicators for it to behave as a foundation for any of the DLCs. Most probably what's sitting on our consoles now is a new area that they're building upon as they go along making the DLC and fixing issues. Remember that computer players didn't get this 9.2 GB file--they're hiding something and they don't want the word getting out too soon. Also, as this file is already on our consoles, it would be very bad business indeed if they locked it behind a paywall, so I doubt we'd have to fork over extra money in order to unlock it.

In concern with point A, if we were to see a new hub area, then it makes sense that it would take up one spot, so the eighth slot would naturally be used in order to access it from the main menu just like the DLC extras. If it continues to follows suit with the DLC, then this content will also be available in game. If not, then it's Croft Manor. :D

This is what I'm able to determine with what seems to make sense form an outsider's perspective. As I lack the esoteric knowledge (both as a programmer and as a fly on the wall at EM) necessary to fill in the blanks, I can't say with any certainty that what I've presented is, indeed, the case. However, if I haven't hit the nail on the head, then I'm reasonably sure that I at least came pretty close.

This post turned me on..... I concur....... I... hi there!:D

pharaea 19-04-19 14:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by EzioMaverick (Post 8076601)
I don't get why are we even discussing this,
They have no planned roadmap for any content after season pass and they are not gonna piss off season pass owners or croft edition owners by charging whatever that comes next.

https://i.imgur.com/bgY5bAo.gif

Are you sure we're talking about the same company?

renspyro 19-04-19 14:26

In the past, Crystal Dynamics added all the 20th Anniversary content (launched day one on the PS4 version) to the season pass owners of PC and One without extra charge.

I'm sure this could've a similar scenario so DLC 8 should be part of season pass at all... If not, Eidos would get even more hate :pi:

EzioMaverick 19-04-19 14:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by renspyro (Post 8076638)
In the past, Crystal Dynamics added all the 20th Anniversary content (launched day one on the PS4 version) to the season pass owners of PC and One without extra charge.

I'm sure this could've a similar scenario so DLC 8 should be part of season pass at all... If not, Eidos would get even more hate :pi:

This ^ I remember getting the upgrade to 20th anniversary content for just having the season pass, the entire Croft Manor VR mission was also given to PC players for free.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pharaea (Post 8076634)
https://i.imgur.com/bgY5bAo.gif

Are you sure we're talking about the same company?

They do make stupid choices(EM) but we are talking about adding a monetary sum behind one of the upcoming dlcs, which btw is under square enix,
and they don't want additional flak for this game than it already received.

Heisenberg 19-04-19 14:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by EzioMaverick (Post 8076646)
This ^ I remember getting the upgrade to 20th anniversary content for just having the season pass, the entire Croft Manor VR mission was also given to PC players for free.

They do make stupid choices(EM) but we are talking about adding a monetary sum behind one of the upcoming dlcs, which btw is under square enix,
and they don't want additional flak for this game than it already received.

I'm sure post-The path Home we will receive news by early May about this.

Edit: or better yet, the 8th slot is unlocked with the final outfit as a reward too..:D

E.Carnby 19-04-19 16:18

Remember that the Blood Ties DLC was part of the 20 year anniversary with Tomb Raider, simply a gift for a celebration, and also as compensation for annual exclusivity. PS4 players had the motive to buy the game with a one-year delay (new stuff) and Xbox One and PC players were compensated for their loyalty (season pass to Rise).
But there (Shadow) is no exclusivity, no anniversary. I think the DLC 8 is Croft Manor and won't be included in the season pass. My theory :-)

Nicowtine 19-04-19 16:48

The 20 years celebration was not free fro SP owners, it was free for EVERYONE (didn't buy Rise SP and i had all the content for free, except the co-op mod for endurance). SE already show that they can give free presents to the fans (even if there is a commercial reason)

If the secret Shadow's 8th dlc wasn't in the SP, i don't think that it would be teased before the end of this SP. Morrigan says that the 7th will be the last, and will have a lot of content, so i really think this 8th slot go with The Path home and is secret content.

What do they want with this exclusive DLC ? Increase the SP sales. That's what i think they decided to include more content that initially planed.

iWANEX 19-04-19 16:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicowtine (Post 8076710)
The 20 years celebration was not free fro SP owners, it was free for EVERYONE (didn't buy Rise SP and i had all the content for free, except the co-op mod for endurance). SE already show that they can give free presents to the fans (even if there is a commercial reason)

Mmm I don't think that's true. I didn't have the season pass and I bought the Xbox version when it came out. I definitely had to buy the 20 years celebration content separately.

E.Carnby 19-04-19 17:36

Of course Blood Ties DLC was for the season pass owner gratis and for PS4 players gratis because season pass no exist here. Don't forget it.
But if Morrigan said there would be only 7 DLC for Shadow then my estimates are bad. No problem. But it may be a misunderstanding. Of course, 7 DLC for the season pass, and 1 extra DLC after this.

Nicowtine 19-04-19 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by iWANEX (Post 8076712)
Mmm I don't think that's true. I didn't have the season pass and I bought the Xbox version when it came out. I definitely had to buy the 20 years celebration content separately.

I was sure that i had it for free, but i asked my friends and sorry my bad, the pack was 9.99€

pharaea 19-04-19 18:01

Not to be dramatic or anything, but if I have to pay for it I'm going to want my money back. I found none of the DLCs thus far enjoyable (Though I haven't played the Grand Caiman yet, so...), and being forced to pay for something that may or may not be is just ... upsetting

Rai 19-04-19 18:19

You may want to consider a different colour, that pink is a strain on the eyes. It's a shame you haven't enjoyed the dlc tombs so far, but no one is forcing you to pay for anything. You can choose not to buy it. That's if it exits. The season pass is advertised as 7 missions, tombs and outfits. No.7 is out Tuesday and then we'll have everything as advertised. Anything else that comes after the 23rd is extra. Hopefully they will advertise it so we can see it and make up our minds if we want it or not. Forced to pay isn't an issue. EM/CD/SE are not obligated to offer anything for free. We already are getting extra outfits that were not advertised originally part of the SP.

Robwood 19-04-19 18:24

The color change doesn't help very much; the font needs to be different as well. I had to copy your text and paste it into Word in order to figure out what you said. I thought you were typing in Arabic in the beginning.

pharaea 19-04-19 18:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 8076742)
You may want to consider a different colour, that pink is a strain on the eyes. It's a shame you haven't enjoyed the dlc tombs so far, but no one is forcing you to pay for anything. You can choose not to buy it. That's if it exits. The season pass is advertised as 7 missions, tombs and outfits. No.7 is out Tuesday and then we'll have everything as advertised. Anything else that comes after the 23rd is extra. Hopefully they will advertise it so we can see it and make up our minds if we want it or not. Forced to pay isn't an issue. EM/CD/SE are not obligated to offer anything for free. We already are getting extra outfits that were not advertised originally part of the SP.

Perhaps, but the "outfits" we got were largely Paititi-based and not well received. They can chuck ten more of them our way and the general response won't change — people will just feel cheated out of actual, meaningful content (don't even get me started on the shield — that last cutscene made the entire DLC basically pointless). I get they're proud of the Hidden City, I really do, but the focus on it ruined the experience.

There's a chance the 8th DLC might be the only one I'd want to buy. But there's a chance I won't be able to because I could barely afford the CE to begin with and saved up for it for months (I'm a college student, we're not exactly drowning in money). So if they do offer one single DLC that isn't based around Paititi or advertised with some tribal outfit most people have grown tired of, yes, I'll be a tad irked about it.

I changed the color though — I hope this one won't be as difficult to read.

E.Carnby 19-04-19 18:38

If it proves true that the eight DLC will be separately outside the season pass, then I would have voted for the renaming Croft Edition to Paititi edition :D

https://i.postimg.cc/DyQLYzZP/shadow...n-ps4-esrb.jpg

pharaea 19-04-19 18:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by E.Carnby (Post 8076748)
If it proves true that the eight DLC will be separately season pass, then I would have voted for the renaming Croft Edition to Paititi edition :D

This. By naming it Croft edition, they duped us into thinking it had something —anything— to do with Lara herself. So far, it hasn't. If there were another DLC that does relate to her in any way, making us pay for it just seems unreasonable.

The least they could do in that case would be to take back the edition's title. I know I'm a Shadow fan and all, but I genuinely cannot express how little I care about Paititi ... especially considering that I only bought the Season Pass because I expected Croft-themed content :rolleyes:

Robwood 19-04-19 18:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by pharaea (Post 8076744)
I changed the color though — I hope this one won't be as difficult to read.

It is. The font needs to be changed. I still have to copy and paste into Word to read what you've written.

EliParker 19-04-19 19:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by renspyro (Post 8076638)

They had to do something, for PS4 users to jump aboard for Rise, after the MS deal, and to charge $60. So if there was no MS deal, then everyone would have had to pay for the content.

Quote:

If there is a DLC8, I don't believe it will come out until September of 2019 or when the 1st Gen 9 console drops (MS IMO is likely to drop theirs first).

OrangeJuice 19-04-19 19:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by EliParker (Post 8076759)
If there is a DLC8, I don't believe it will come out until September of 2019 or when the 1st Gen 9 console drops (MS IMO is likely to drop theirs first).

what. what's your logic behind this.

EliParker 19-04-19 19:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeJuice (Post 8076761)
what. what's your logic behind this.

With SE wanting to push towards next Gen Consoles, Tomb Raider would be a prime candidate to be ported to new consoles. And the best way to get players to double dip would be new content.

Also releasing DLC on the 1 year anniversary of a game, looks better for marketing, and EM might want to release a complete package for new players.

Heisenberg 19-04-19 19:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by EliParker (Post 8076764)
With SE wanting to push towards next Gen Consoles, Tomb Raider would be a prime candidate to be ported to new consoles. And the best way to get players to double dip would be new content.

Also releasing DLC on the 1 year anniversary of a game, looks better for marketing, and EM might want to release a complete package for new players.

Nah. Makes more sense to create a NEW GAME than reuse Shadow.

Most next gen consoles will have backwards compatibility so def a NO.

EliParker 19-04-19 19:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heisenberg (Post 8076766)
Nah. Makes more sense to create a NEW GAME than reuse Shadow.

Most next gen consoles will have backwards compatibility so def a NO.

I heard the rumors that next Gen is backwards compatible, but I don't believe till I see it. So I see SE doing a re-release of the TR13/Rise/Shadow for next Gen consoles.

ShutUpReyes 19-04-19 20:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by EliParker (Post 8076769)
I heard the rumors that next Gen is backwards compatible, but I don't believe till I see it. So I see SE doing a re-release of the TR13/Rise/Shadow for next Gen consoles.

Reports that the PS5 will play PS4 games came directly from Sony themselves.

Heisenberg 19-04-19 20:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShutUpReyes (Post 8076782)
Reports that the PS5 will play PS4 games came directly from Sony themselves.

This.

No, SE needs to come with TR and a BANG, by Bang i mean double guns because classic Lara ftw for Sony 5.

Athukraz 19-04-19 21:25

If the guns don't come eventually it will be over for the franchise now that the public knows she finally "became the tomb raider". Everyone kept waiting for the origin to be over and expect them to come back in the next game. Many people remained loyal and pardoned them but they can't use the becoming the tomb raider excuse for a fourth time. She should have had them after tr2013 but whatever. Baby steps.

E.Carnby 20-04-19 10:00

I'm beginning to think that the DLC number 8 will be really out of season pass.
What will be his price and it will be Croft Manor?

pharaea 20-04-19 11:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by E.Carnby (Post 8077263)
I'm beginning to think that the DLC number 8 will be really out of season pass.
What will be his price and it will be Croft Manor?

Do you honestly think anyone here will be able to answer that? As far as I know, the existence of an 8th DLC hasn't even been confirmed yet. It could still be a bug for all we know.

Either way, we're not sure if we'll have to buy it or not, even if it did exist. What makes you think we'll be able to tell you what it is and how much it'll cost when EM hasn't even confirmed it yet? If I had those kind of powers, I'd have won the lottery by now.

The Path Home will drop on the 23rd. That's only 3 days from now. Just wait and see; I'm sure we'll find out what the deal is then.

Portugalraider 20-04-19 11:49

Just a reminder that Blood Ties was also an extra that wasn't included in the original description of RotTR's season pass, yet still was part of it.

So yeah, if we are getting an extra DLC, it will probably be included in the season pass as well.

And if not, just remember these decisions come from the publishers and not the developers.

johnanonymouz 20-04-19 11:52

we know the 8th slot is not a mistake because its still there after the patch. the manor dlc will 90% be free for season pass owners.

pharaea 20-04-19 11:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Portugalraider (Post 8077304)
Just a reminder that Blood Ties was also an extra that wasn't included in the original description of RotTR's season pass, yet still was part of it.

So yeah, if we are getting an extra DLC, it will probably be included in the season pass as well.

And if not, just remember these decisions come from the publishers and not the developers.

Blood Ties aside, I still think they'd make us pay for it. After all the Paititi / tribal content, the only way they'd get more money out of us would be to release something intrinsically different that people would actually want to pay for. It's a marketing ploy. Get them upset over the twenty million tribal outfits, wait for people to start turning away from your game, and then drop something they'll eat right up. And they know we will.

Then again, I trust the publishers as far as I can throw them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnanonymouz (Post 8077306)
we know the 8th slot is not a mistake because its still there after the patch.

It has yet to be confirmed by SE / EM. Right now, all of this is just conjecture.