www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Dead By Daylight (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=222541)

michaeldt 04-04-19 13:36

Dead By Daylight
 
Does anyone else here play this game? :)

I've been playing for just over a year now and its one of the most fun multiplayer games I've ever played!

For those who don't know, Dead By Daylight is an asymmetrical multiplayer horror game in which one player plays as a killer, and 4 players play as survivors.

The game takes place in the realm of 'the entity', a strange being whom summons people into their world of torment and puts them in continuous trials.

The survivors must work together to repair a total of 5 power generators to power the exit gates and leave the trial alive, whilst the killer must sacrifice the survivors to the entity by placing them on a sharp, sacrificial hook up to three times.

The game has been out since 2016, although didn't find it's way to PS4 and XBOX ONE until 2017. A Nintento Switch Version is planned to release later this year.

the game is constantly updated, adding new killers and survivors to the character roster. But one of the most interesting things about this game is the fact that you can play licensed killers and survivors!

Whilst the roster is filled with original killers and survivors, the game has also been updated to include killers such as Michael Myers, Leatherface, Freddy Krueger and Jigsaw (Amanda in a pig mask), and survivors such as Laurie Strode (From Halloween), Ash (From Evil Dead), Quentin (From A Nightmare on Elm Street) and Detective Tapp (From SAW)..

Would love to know if anyone here plays this great game :).

ThatSassyKid 04-04-19 19:47

I have almost 1.8k hours in this game. I'm surprised there isn't already a thread on it tbh lmao.

johnanonymouz 04-04-19 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid (Post 8066508)
I have almost 1.8k hours in this game

wth that's........A LOT!

ThatSassyKid 04-04-19 20:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnanonymouz (Post 8066537)
wth that's........A LOT!

Lmao I know. Itís my main game atm and has been for a while.

robm_2007 05-04-19 05:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid (Post 8066508)
I have almost 1.8k hours in this game. I'm surprised there isn't already a thread on it tbh lmao.

I'm not even sure if I've played that much collectively in my whole gaming life :|

How many hours are you playing a day? 25?

ThatSassyKid 05-04-19 06:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by robm_2007 (Post 8066744)
I'm not even sure if I've played that much collectively in my whole gaming life :|

How many hours are you playing a day? 25?

Tbh I often leave it open all day, and tab out of it a lot, so out of the 1.8k hours I almost have, I've probably only played 1.3 or so.

michaeldt 05-04-19 06:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid (Post 8066508)
I have almost 1.8k hours in this game. I'm surprised there isn't already a thread on it tbh lmao.

What platform you play on?

ThatSassyKid 05-04-19 06:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by michaeldt (Post 8066750)
what platform you play on?

pc. :)

michaeldt 05-04-19 06:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid (Post 8066753)
pc. :)

Envious :p.

I play on PS4 and only wish I could pull off some of the moves that PC players can.

ThatSassyKid 05-04-19 06:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by michaeldt (Post 8066754)
Envious :p.

I play on PS4 and only wish I could pull off some of the moves that PC players can.

Is playing Nurse on console as bad as they say it is? :p

Isaac 05-04-19 07:54

I have it on PS4 from my PS+. I must admit I didn't really have that much fun.

I love the concept of a powerful killer you have to overcome in order to survive and rely on team work... But the game is counterintuitive on many layers.

First, the matchmaking seems to be all over the place. People don't work together. The game definitely shine when you play with friends but with strangers it's an unfun mess. To this day I still haven't survived one game.

Secondly, the maps are extremely small, except for maybe the Michael Myer halloween neighborhood or the meat factory from Leatherface.

Third, the whole being hang on a weird machine, finding levers to open a doors, find a hidden trapdoor are all abstract scenarios that just don't feel... immersive?

And fourth, the options to survive are extremely too little and limited. You cannot kill the killer, for instance. There is only one exit, maybe two if you find the secret door. I'm not even sure you can survive by simply... staying alive the whole game. You always have to activate generators, activate the switch door and leave. Everytime. All of which are locked behind long boring QTEs. The element of surprise fade off after a while.

In an ideal world, beHavior (the studio behind DbD) would have been the one to create the Friday 13th game. They have the talent, the budget, the skills. F13th executed the concept way better imo. It felt more balanced, fairer, more stranger-friendly too. And the maps being huge actually give a fair amount of thrills and scares. The wide variety of survival options also add a bit of fun challenge. My survival/killed ratio is actually better with that game too, maybe 3/5, compared to my Dead by Daylight one which is close to 0.5/5 lol.

That being said, the killer designs, the progression system (skill unlocks, abilities, etc) and the graphics are really great though. Are they planing to release more and bigger maps in the future? Is this game still receiving updates?

ThatSassyKid 05-04-19 08:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac (Post 8066783)
First, the matchmaking seems to be all over the place. People don't work together. The game definitely shine when you play with friends but with strangers it's an unfun mess. To this day I still haven't survived one game.

This is an unfortunate part of the game, but the higher the rank that you reach, the less issues you'll find in solo queue.

Quote:

Secondly, the maps are extremely small, except for maybe the Michael Myer halloween neighborhood or the meat factory from Leatherface.
As someone who plays both killer and survivor equally, I completely disagree. The only small maps are Badham Preschool and Gideon Meat Packing Plant. The other maps may seem small to survivor mains, but they really, really aren't.

Quote:

Third, the whole being hang on a weird machine, finding levers to open a doors, find a hidden trapdoor are all abstract scenarios that just don't feel... immersive?
To each their own. I personally love it, although I do wish there was a secondary objective.

Quote:

And fourth, the options to survive are extremely too little and limited. You cannot kill the killer, for instance. There is only one exit, maybe two if you find the secret door. I'm not even sure you can survive by simply... staying alive the whole game. You always have to activate generators, activate the switch door and leave. Everytime. All of which are locked behind long boring QTEs. The element of surprise fade off after a while.
I have to disagree with this one tbh.
Something I particularly dislike about Friday the 13th is the fact that you can kill the killer. Survivors in DbD already have so much power over how the match plays out, that this mechanic would completely break the game more than it already is.

I'm also not sure what you mean by "I'm not even sure you can survive by simply... staying alive the whole game." could you elaborate? :confused:

Quote:

Are they planing to release more and bigger maps in the future? Is this game still receiving updates?
They just released a ridiculously large map a fe weeks ago, which is almost completely survivor-biased due to its size and it containing so many good pallet loops.

michaeldt 05-04-19 08:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid (Post 8066755)
Is playing Nurse on console as bad as they say it is? :p

Not as bad I think. I have her adept trophy, but then again I haven't played PC so I can't compare :o

Isaac 05-04-19 08:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid (Post 8066788)
I have to disagree with this one tbh.
Something I particularly dislike about Friday the 13th is the fact that you can kill the killer. Survivors in DbD already have so much power over how the match plays out, that this mechanic would completely break the game more than it already is.

I'm also not sure what you mean by "I'm not even sure you can survive by simply... staying alive the whole game." could you elaborate? :confused:

Killing Jason in F13th relies on near perfect coordination with tons of RNG. It’s a case of high risk vs high reward, something DbD doesn’t really offer since most objectives are gated behind long QTEs. I never really felt in power of anything, especially thanks to matchmaking lol.

But even without making the killer vulnerable, they could have given more options.

As for what I meant, in F13th you can survive if you stay alive for the duration of the game’s timer (15 min). There is no such thing in DbD afaik. Generator > Lever > Door is always the routine to survive.

Now of course I’m not implying all games are the same, but the novelty wore off very fast to me, mostly due to the QTE nature of everything.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid (Post 8066788)
They just released a ridiculously large map a fe weeks ago, which is almost completely survivor-biased due to its size and it containing so many good pallet loops.

Neat. I might check this out then.

ThatSassyKid 05-04-19 08:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by michaeldt (Post 8066792)
Not as bad I think. I have her adept trophy, but then again I haven't played PC so I can't compare :o

Hopefully I can find a PS4 player near me sometime so I can see it for myself. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac (Post 8066794)
Killing Jason in F13th relies on near perfect coordination with tons of RNG. Itís a case of high risk vs high reward, something DbD doesnít really offer since most objectives are gated behind long QTEs. I never really felt in power of anything, especially thanks to matchmaking lol.

Well, the survivors can loop the killer for long enough that all 5 gens get completed and the exit gates opened. The survivors have so much power that it's ridiculous. The only killers that can truly beat this are Nurse and Spirit, since their powers allow them to counter loops so strongly.

Quote:

As for what I meant, in F13th you can survive if you stay alive for the duration of the gameís timer (15 min). There is no such thing in DbD afaik. Generator > Lever > Door is always the routine to survive.
Ah okay, I wouldn't have liked this for DbD tbh.

michaeldt 05-04-19 09:09

I used to play F13 a lot actually, and I used to prefer it over DBD.

I stopped playing after they discontinued content updates for the game though :/. It's a shame because there were a lot of good things coming to that game from the looks of it.

sackboy123 05-04-19 21:57

Been playing DbD since it first released on PS4. Haven't played another game since.

michaeldt 08-04-19 05:48

Am doing by best to 100% the trophies for this game, I currently don't have 3:

. Wounded Healer (Should get this one soon, its a fairly new trophy and pretty easy)
. Skilled Huntress (This one is ****ed, down survivors 100 TIMES from further than 24 meters?? It's only 20 on PC!)
. Deranged Pursuit (This one is also ****ed, because it requires you to play counterintuitively to how the respective killer, The Legion, was designed).

Anyone else having trouble with the last two?

ThatSassyKid 08-04-19 06:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by michaeldt (Post 8069297)
Am doing by best to 100% the trophies for this game, I currently don't have 3:

. Wounded Healer (Should get this one soon, its a fairly new trophy and pretty easy)
. Skilled Huntress (This one is ****ed, down survivors 100 TIMES from further than 24 meters?? It's only 20 on PC!)
. Deranged Pursuit (This one is also ****ed, because it requires you to play counterintuitively to how the respective killer, The Legion, was designed).

Anyone else having trouble with the last two?

I don't play Huntress, so when I did the 20 hatchet downs from 24m+ away, I just went into games and nodded at the survivors and memed around the whole time so they wouldn't play properly against me, then I'd just randomly hatchet them from ages away, then let them wiggle out, so they kept letting me do it. Got it pretty quickly. :p 100 is INSANE though, but we also have to throw 1k hatchets on PC (not sure how many it is on console).

michaeldt 09-04-19 15:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid (Post 8069302)
I don't play Huntress, so when I did the 20 hatchet downs from 24m+ away, I just went into games and nodded at the survivors and memed around the whole time so they wouldn't play properly against me, then I'd just randomly hatchet them from ages away, then let them wiggle out, so they kept letting me do it. Got it pretty quickly. :p 100 is INSANE though, but we also have to throw 1k hatchets on PC (not sure how many it is on console).

Hmm, just tried this for the legions 'Deranged Pursuit Trophy'. The survivors were pretty dense tbh, only one of them realised I was friendly early on, one never realised and left through the gates and the other two didnt realise until I was motioning them to unhook the survivor AFTER the gates were powered.

Still, got around 5 more stacks toward the trophy :p.

ThatSassyKid 09-04-19 19:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by michaeldt (Post 8070173)
Hmm, just tried this for the legions 'Deranged Pursuit Trophy'. The survivors were pretty dense tbh, only one of them realised I was friendly early on, one never realised and left through the gates and the other two didnt realise until I was motioning them to unhook the survivor AFTER the gates were powered.

Still, got around 5 more stacks toward the trophy :p.

I only have 4/25 for that one zz.

michaeldt 10-04-19 17:36

Almost done with this damn trophy, I think I'm on around 20-23/25 downs (Unfortunately there is no counter on PS4).

As for skilled huntress though, yeah I might leave it for a little while longer :p.

I hope a new event comes soon though, I loved the recent moonrise.

TR1249 10-04-19 20:15

Over 1k hours on it :D I already spent some money on the Cosmetics in the Store :o (Shirtless David :tea:)

ThatSassyKid 11-04-19 02:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by TR1249 (Post 8070904)
(Shirtless David :tea:)

DISGUSTANG. :c :p

michaeldt 11-04-19 02:28

I REALLY want to buy the wax warlock outfit for Wraith... but then, it's the wraith :p.

ThatSassyKid 11-04-19 05:54

Speaking of cosmetics, I usually wear this as the Nurse.

https://i.imgur.com/NyBBHAL.jpg?1

I feel like the colour of the bandages around her eyes go nicely with the dress tbh.
Otherwise, I just go full prestige 3. :p

TR1249 11-04-19 08:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid (Post 8071180)
DISGUSTANG. :c :p

He's hot af, wyd :p

Your nurse looks nice :cln:

michaeldt 11-04-19 10:07

****ing finally got the 'Deranged Pursuit' trophy. I'm never touching this killer again.

ThatSassyKid 11-04-19 16:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by TR1249 (Post 8071319)
He's hot af, wyd :p

Your nurse looks nice :cln:

David???? Girl no. :p

Ty :hug:

TR1249 11-04-19 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by michaeldt (Post 8071331)
****ing finally got the 'Deranged Pursuit' trophy. I'm never touching this killer again.

Congratulations, if you make that, you can do anything :p
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid (Post 8071505)
David???? Girl no. :p

Ty :hug:

Girl yes :p

Yw :hug: Can I add you maybe? Could be fun :P

ThatSassyKid 11-04-19 17:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by TR1249 (Post 8071506)
Yw :hug: Can I add you maybe? Could be fun :P

Sure! :hug:

TR1249 19-04-19 15:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid (Post 8071554)
Sure! :hug:

Empty your friendslist :p

ThatSassyKid 24-04-19 14:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by TR1249 (Post 8076664)
Empty your friendslist :p

Should be fine now. :p

TR1249 07-05-19 15:26

They replaced Michael with Scream lmao

michaeldt 10-05-19 06:08

I'm beyond excited for Ghostface anyway :D

I think they will explain the differences about their powers though. Looking at the videos, I think that Ghostface can only put the 'exposed' status on one survivor at a time. Whereas Michael can do all at the same time.

But, Michael doesnt have the ability to crouch and hide his terror radius like Ghostface (no terror radius if you stay in Tier 1).

As of now, it looks like Ghostface will be a mix of The Pig and Myers.

ThatSassyKid 10-05-19 08:23

Running out of ideas.

michaeldt 10-05-19 08:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid (Post 8087092)
Running out of ideas.

Which is odd, because didn't Mathieu Cote say somewhere that there are plans to support the game until atleast 2023?

sackboy123 11-05-19 10:15

There's only so much that you can really do in terms of powers though. As long as you require different strategies to play Ghostface just like Billy and Leatherface then I'm open to this.

michaeldt 11-05-19 17:33

I'm loving the fact that ghost face can straight-up teabag :D.

1:00


sackboy123 11-05-19 20:20

About time. Toxic Survivors like myself need it back to us :vlol:


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:16.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.