Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions, Birthdays and Congratulations (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Greetings from Louisiana (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=223081)

Lord Insidious 14-07-19 01:13

Greetings from Louisiana

Hello, everyone. Hope you’re all having a pleasant evening.

My name is Corey. I hail from Crowley, Louisiana, and I am male and 19 years old.

My hobbies include playing video games, listening to music, and drawing. I have recently graduated from my high school, and am currently looking for work.

My favorite video game franchises include [I]Unreal Tournament[/I], [I]Quake[/I], [I]Half-Life[/I], [I]Spyro[/I], [I]Crash Bandicoot[/I], [I]Mortal Kombat[/I], [I]Tekken[/I], [I]Soul Calibur[/I], [I]Ratchet and Clank[/I], and now I’m trying to get into the [I]Tomb Raider[/I] series a bit more. I tend to play first and third person shooters, fighting games, racing games, action or adventure, some rhythm games, some puzzles, and some horror here and there.

My first introduction to [I]TR[/I] was many, many years ago, when I was a small child. My brother owned a PlayStation Underground disc (I have it now) that had a demo of [I]Tomb Raider III[/I] on it. It took place in the Area 51 level, and had Lara locked in a prison cell. I was just a kid, so I had no idea on what to do, until my brother showed me that I had to go to the window to attract the guard. Well, I did, and I got myself killed. I had no idea how to evade the guard.

Eventually, as I got older, and the years flew by, I figured out what to do, and I played the heck out of the demo. I had another demo disc for the PS2 that featured [I]Legend[/I], and I played that a lot, too. I also used to love watching the various parodies of the series that were up on YouTube, such as the likes of “tombraidertrailerman” ([I]Crazy Croft[/I], [I]Lara’s Voiceovers[/I]), “ThereGoesKitty” ([I]The Name’s Lara Croft[/I]), and et cetera, et cetera. Inappropriate? Yes, maybe, and I should have known better, but they always made me laugh. I still love watching them today.

So, I began to take an interest into the series, and I wanted one of my own. Well, that wish came true a few weeks ago when I got the very first [I]Tomb Raider[/I] during the Steam sale. It’s got me puzzled at times, but I enjoy playing it very much. It was also quite troublesome trying to get it to run without DOSBox, but I finally got it working with [I]TombATI[/I]. I got the PSX soundtrack working, I installed the mod that restores Lara’s braid, it’s got hardware accelerated graphics, widescreen support, and it runs great. I’m trying to go for all secrets as well, as I am also a huge completionist. I gotta find all the secrets or unlock everything or get all achievements or trophies when it comes to video gaming.

Anyway, it’s nice to meet you all, and I can’t wait for when I am able to play the rest of the games! Thanks, and once again, have a great night.

Cat Woman 15-07-19 00:14

Welcome.... Hope you enjoy all your TR gaming. :) TR games are the best. lol

BlackWolftr 15-07-19 11:02

Welcome to the forum! You will have fun here. :) And I wish you enjoy playing tomb raiders. :D

Alex Fly 15-07-19 11:07

Hi and welcome to TRF Corey! :)

Legends 17-07-19 02:10

[FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=4][COLOR=#003F7E][I]Hello, Corey. Welcome to the forums. :wve:

Lovely introduction post btw! [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]