Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider II (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Is it considered cheating/unfair if you use walktrough? (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=222282)

Nerdy 13-02-19 11:02

Is it considered cheating/unfair if you use walktrough?

Or does it depend on how much you use?

What if you use it all the time?

Boobandie 13-02-19 11:13

Yes. Because you aren't solving the game.

However, there's nothing wrong with that. A game is meant to be enjoyed, if using a walkthrough when you get stuck[I] (or indeed, actual cheats and bugs to get items and see areas you aren't supposed to)[/I] helps you enjoy the game then that is the way you should play it.

Nerdy 13-02-19 12:17

I dont want to use weapon cheats anymore. But I dont like to get stuck for a long time.

Maverin 13-02-19 14:00

You should always play in a manner where you enjoy it as much as possible.

I tend to use cheats after I've already beaten the game, just for fun. But I never use them when I'm going through an 'official' playthrough. It just takes away that rewarding feeling completely.

Using a walkthrough is something else entirely. I use them quite often, because if I really don't understand where to go or what to do then it quickly drains away the fun. I only use them when necessary though.

thabani33 13-02-19 14:54

When it comes to TR4, no it's not cheating to use a walkthrough. It's one TR game I couldn't beat without a walkthrough :D

Nerdy 13-02-19 15:35

Awe. Thank you!! Yes! And I agree with the cheating. For weapons etc. I can see myself cheating when I replay it. I did cheat before but its my first time not cheating. I did not cheat with tomb 6 and after. And when I was a child. I didnt cheat in tr2. Some kid told me some codes but I did not believe it was possible. We did those codes wrong and was possible. Haha!

Lavender 13-02-19 16:16

I don't think its cheating, sometimes you just need it if you're going for all items and stuff, nothing wrong with that

NoahCrofRaider 13-02-19 17:07

Yes...? I hesitate to use the term “cheating”, because that sounds a bit worse than it actually is. It’s technically cheating, but I don’t think it’s as big of a deal as skipping a level or getting all weapons, for example.

Like others, I would just say that you should do whatever makes you enjoy the game the most. If that’s frequently using the assistance of a walkthrough, go for it. If it’s getting stuck and trying to solve it completely on your own, with maybe a little (or no) help from a walkthrough, then do that. :)

Lavender 13-02-19 20:52

We finished a level without looking once just now so I don't count it as cheating lol

Mek 13-02-19 21:55

I wouldn't say that using walkthrough to complete Tomb Raider II is cheating or unfair. It is just your attitude to gaming. But, personally, I perceive every game as a challenge and I try to use walkthroughs as rarely as it is possible, but sometimes it is not possible not to use it.