Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Soul Calibur thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=222640)

ActuallyArlow 16-04-19 18:13

Soul Calibur thread

I always wondered why there was never any SC thread. Its been a year and a half since SC6 so I'm not gonna name this a SC announcement thread.
I usually main Ivy and Zasalemal since the two have the most unique weapons. If there are any SC players here, who do you main? Unless its an OC in character creation

Gothlegend 19-04-19 15:35

First main ever was actually Cassandra, who I don't play too often now because she seems a little slower than what I prefer. Otherwise I'm dominate with Talim or Ivy due to speed and occasionally Rafael.

Jami393 19-04-19 19:07

Can I be pedantic for a second? Soul Calibur is the blade while Soulcalibur is the title of the franchise.

jajay119 19-04-19 19:28

I wish they would go into the links more between the SC and Tekken charscters. I'd like to know how Ivy is linked to Nina/Anna. It'd be stupid for her not to be given they essentially used to reuse Ninas model.

Catapharact 19-04-19 20:31

I usually main as Siegfried or Nightmare; Especially when I take a low guard with him. A few well placed hits usually drains a person to oblivion or sends them flying for a ring out.

Either that or I become a complete troll on people and use Maxi :p. Ah the sweet sweet sound of people cursing my name after they try in vain to defend against Maxi's combos...

ActuallyArlow 19-04-19 21:45

[QUOTE=Catapharact;8076785]I usually main as Siegfried or Nightmare; Especially when I take a low guard with him. A few well placed hits usually drains a person to oblivion or sends them flying for a ring out.

Either that or I become a complete troll on people and use Maxi :p. Ah the sweet sweet sound of people cursing my name after they try in vain to defend against Maxi's combos...[/QUOTE]

Other than Taki, Maxi is the best rush-down character

Grenade 19-04-19 22:07

My fav fighting game series.

If the rumours are true, which it seems very likely to be, then Cassandra is the next DLC character. If that'll happen then apart from Ivy, my fav characters will be DLC (2B aside) which is kind of annoying. I wanted to wait for a sale on the season pass but decided not to because of that :/

They changed Amy a lot in this, I actually liked her in SC4 better.

johnanonymouz 19-04-19 23:34

waiting for setsuka before i purchase anything

jackali 20-04-19 00:29

[QUOTE=Jami393;8076762]Can I be pedantic for a second? Soul Calibur is the blade while Soulcalibur is the title of the franchise.[/QUOTE]

You spend many of your seconds on here being pedantic. A change of pace would be nice. :pi:

Jami393 20-04-19 10:00

[QUOTE=jackali;8076926]You spend many of your seconds on here being pedantic. A change of pace would be nice. :pi:[/QUOTE]

I did it once before and you're not letting it go even though it was still right.

ActuallyArlow 21-04-19 09:32

[QUOTE=johnanonymouz;8076883]waiting for setsuka before i purchase anything[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting for her to be next on DLC but it looks like Cassandra is next. I'm suprised I didn't main her when I was younger because she seems right up my ally in terms of character taste. She is very lady-like and feminine yet tough without being a femme-fatale. I guess I was too married to Ivy lol

Grenade 22-04-19 18:49

If we get a second season pass *fingers crossed* we should get her and hopefully Hilde.

I really missed Setsuka in SC5.

New Dwight 22-04-19 19:29

[QUOTE=ActuallyArlow;8075004]I always wondered why there was never any SC thread. Its been a year and a half since SC6 so I'm not gonna name this a SC announcement thread.
I usually main Ivy and Zasalemal since the two have the most unique weapons. If there are any SC players here, who do you main? Unless its an OC in character creation[/QUOTE]

We do have a SC general thread [url=https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=192141&highlight=soulcalibur]here[/url] :)

ActuallyArlow 23-04-19 02:47

[QUOTE=New Dwight;8078613]We do have a SC general thread [url=https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=192141&highlight=soulcalibur]here[/url] :)[/QUOTE]

Crap I didn't know sorry! I'll post there instead

jackali 23-04-19 10:16

This thread is fine, that one has been dead for years.

Jami393 24-04-19 14:19

[QUOTE=jackali;8079018]This thread is fine, that one has been dead for years.[/QUOTE]

Yeah apart from the spelling of the title. :pi: [COLOR="#F5F5FF"] Joking of course.[/COLOR]

Catapharact 05-05-19 14:50

Finally decided to give the character creation option in SC6 a try and I have to say, its been a fun experience creating new character designs :D.

I wanted some of the female characters to have a more... coverage in terms of Armor but unfortunately, SC6 doesn't has many good armor options for females without them looking too goofy. So I did the best I could.

Some of my characters:

[IMG]https://i.postimg.cc/K89cGmXk/SC1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://i.postimg.cc/rp384gwq/SC2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://i.postimg.cc/LXPm3fJL/SC3.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://i.postimg.cc/3NHYSRG6/SC4.jpg[/IMG]

Catapharact 21-06-19 08:39

Apologies for the Double Post but given that there was already a thread on the topic, I didn't want to create another one.

A little something for all Soul Calibur Fans out there :D; A real life replica of the Zweihander Requiem; The sword of Siegfried:

[YOUTUBE]22UcXEqqaZE [/YOUTUBE]

Catapharact 10-08-19 13:27

Well Ladies and Gents... Cassandra finally makes her Entrance:

[YOUTUBE]_kv-9He4zMg[/YOUTUBE]

She is a DLC Downloadable character but she comes free if you already have your season 1 Soul Calibur 6 pass active. Just got her yesterday and me and my Niece have been putting her through her paces.

She is a VERY strong close in fighter. Unlike the heavy hitting Astraroth, she is very fast and Nimble, all the while having hard hitting moves. She can also throw her Shield for Medium range Damage as well.

My Niece has figured out that she is perfect counter to Nightmare if she can get Cassandra close enough :p. So she has been putting me on my toes Lol!

It has also been announced that Soul Calibur 6 will be getting a Season 2 DLC. No word yet as to when that will release:

[YOUTUBE]C4BssK32348[/YOUTUBE]

Grenade 11-08-19 02:52

She looks great! I missed her a lot. :o Her look is somewhat inspired by SC2 (and I appreciate the recolour they gave her to as well!), she even has her old sword back. But her SC4 outfit is selectable in CAS...

Yeah they changed her quite a bit moveset wise, she had a few Captain America moves. She is still a rushdown character and plays mostly like SC4 but they have added new gimmicks just like Amy and her Rose Perception mechanic. Cassandra has Divine Force where she has lightning around her sword and shield, she can do a lot more damage and even with her Critical Edge. I need to play her a bit more. Her Soul Chronicle was very shocking by the way, I won't go into details but I loved the twist they gave us.

Happy to hear we're getting a second season pass. The game needs all the support it can get and I was rather worried with the radio silence that we weren't getting more updates. The last thing we need is this game dying quickly like SC5 and potentially not get a sequel. I think we'll see the first DLC for it near the end of the year. Looks like they're making it possible to block reversal edge, THANK GOD!

Fingers crossed Setsuka and Hilde makes it in. I'm sure the former will be included but I don't know about Hilde sadly :( I would rather lose the guest character in favour of more legacy characters. But I do like the new Samurai Shodown game and Haohmaru is cool, although I would rather they have gone for another character because he is too much like Mitsurugi. Nakoruru would have been the better choice imo...

We need more stages in this game too and NOT just variants of existing stages. I'm so disappointed we didn't get any with the first season pass!

Grenade 03-11-19 18:32

Hilde will be the first character for Season 2! No release date yet.

[youtube]XznU3L3uWD8[/youtube]

Also every character will be getting new moves:

[youtube]PPhOwfiyzbI[/youtube]

Surprised to see Hilde coming back, wasn't so sure if she would make it but I'm SO happy :) Her redesign is great and she looks like royalty! :D

SC6 will also be at Evo Japan in January so I'm sure the next character will be shown there, which will probably be Haohmaru from Samurai Shodown. I'm feeling more confident that we will be getting Setsuka and Yunseong afterwards, not sure which order they will be released. When Season 1 was datamined Cassandra was listed before Amy, but she ended up being released after so who knows.

Grenade 20-11-19 23:26

[youtube]yXb2hDneZ3U[/youtube]

Lots of new stuff highlighted in this new trailer. Season 2 will come on the 25th of November, Hilde will be released on the 26th of November. Her SCIV 1P is coming for free as CAS parts. Every character is getting a lot more new moves than we thought. We're getting a new UI!!! Also more stages are coming, one new stage is that daytime version of the forest that was shown before, another is a boring endless training stage and 4 more afterwards. I think some of them will be variants of existing stages. Also some new CAS parts, but honestly a lot of them look pretty lame...

XXIIXX 21-11-19 06:42

[QUOTE=Grenade;8153652][youtube]yXb2hDneZ3U[/youtube]

Lots of new stuff highlighted in this new trailer. Season 2 will come on the 25th of November, Hilde will be released on the 26th of November. Her SCIV 1P is coming for free as CAS parts. Every character is getting a lot more new moves than we thought. We're getting a new UI!!! Also more stages are coming, one new stage is that daytime version of the forest that was shown before, another is a boring endless training stage and 4 more afterwards. I think some of them will be variants of existing stages. Also some new CAS parts, but honestly a lot of them look pretty lame...[/QUOTE]

Thank god for the stages! SoulCalibur VI is extremely lacking in this aspect, and since it's a reboot it's a shame that so many classic stages were left out...

Catapharact 23-11-19 20:47

Well the new DLC will be releasing here in Canada on November 26, 2019. Looking forward to it. Its interesting that they chose to bring Hilde back when there were more calls by the fans to have Setsuka back. I remember there was a lot of backlash against Hilde by the fans with her being too unbalanced in Soul Calibur 4. I personally didn't see the issue; If anything, Ivy is a hell of a lot more unbalanced compared to Hilde.

I am loving her new look. She is adequately armored but still open for movement.

XXIIXX 23-11-19 20:54

[QUOTE=Catapharact;8154471]Well the new DLC will be releasing here in Canada on November 26, 2019. Looking forward to it. Its interesting that they chose to bring Hilde back when there were more calls by the fans to have Setsuna back. I remember there was a lot of backlash against Hilde by the fans with her being too unbalanced in Soul Calibur 4. I personally didn't see the issue; If anything, Ivy is a hell of a lot more unbalanced compared to Hilde.

I am loving her new look. She is adequately armored but still open for movement.[/QUOTE]

Setsuka and either of the Korean guys are probably coming right after Haohmaru so maybe it's a "best for last" kind of thing? Lol.

I'm pleasantly surprised by Hilde's redesign.

I like her new face and hair!

The boob-shaped Armor is ridiculous though 😂😅

Catapharact 23-11-19 20:57

[QUOTE=XXIIXX;8154475]Setsuka and either of the Korean guys are probably coming right after Haohmaru so maybe it's a "best for last" kind of thing? Lol.

I'm pleasantly surprised by Hilde's redesign.

I like her new face and hair!

The boob-shaped Armor is ridiculous though ����[/QUOTE]

Meh, we will chalk that up to fantasy and aesthetics :p. I mean, considering that this is Namco, we should be happy that they didn't take the opportunity to go full bikini armor :p.

XXIIXX 23-11-19 20:58

[QUOTE=Catapharact;8154479]Meh, we will chalk that up to fantasy and aesthetics :p. I mean, considering that is Namco, we should be happy that they didn't take the opportunity to go full bikini armor :p.[/QUOTE]

I still have nightmares after the DLC outfits for that free to play game...I can't even remember it's name anymore 😂

Catapharact 26-11-19 23:46

Downloaded the Season 2 version of the game, the Character Creation and Hilde DLCs today and I am somewhat satisfied with what Namco has given us.

Lets start with Hilde and the new added moves for various characters:

- Hilde had the potential for becoming as broken as she was in Soul Calibur 4 had it not been the addition of new moves for another Soul Calibur 6 character (who I'll get to momentarily.) She has excellent Mid to Short-ranged attacks and very devastating long ranged heavy attacks. If timed right, you can easily win a fight with four heavy attack moves. The downside to Hilde is that she has a slow recovery time between moves; Almost on par with Nightmare. New players can be easily taken off-guard but for the veterans (especially those who main as Nightmare,) you can easily lul someone into believing that they have an opening for an attack and then you can counter with heavy hitting moves.

Moving onto new character moves:

- With the addition of new moves, Groh has become even more formidable; To the point where he could easily be OP. His Steed of the Night Powerup has gotten additional moves, making him just as flightly as Cervantes without the lag, which makes him more dangerous. The upside is the fact that Steed of the Night can only be used during Soul Charge. However, given that this is Groh, that won't be an issue at all.

Finally we come the new Character Creation DLC:

- Kind of a downer that we only have four new set of costume ensembles and two of them belong to Hilde. That only leaves two costume sets for male characters. Seems kinda imbalanced but I am sure this will all change once new DLCs with male characters arrive. On an important note, we FINALLY have proper armor for female characters! God damn, this has been a long way coming. Hilde's Armor is so versatile that it can easily be incorporated into a lot of clothing sets, which is very much appreciated given that what was available, your female characters looked either really clunky, drab, boring but reasonably functional as a fighter or they looked really cool but also seemed like they belong at a Halloween party rather than a sword duel.

How one of my female character looks in a full classic Hilde Armor set:

[IMG]https://i.postimg.cc/SxS1kkVk/SC20.jpg[/IMG]

Please bear in mind that I am advocating the need to change all the female characters in the game into full armor clad lancers so please refrain from commenting with a statement like "what? you want to put all female characters in burkas?" Far from it actually. Its just would be nice to see more female outfits that are a cool looking and relatively functional medium between a Burka and metal thong.

Other than that, the new layout looks amazing, the new online ranking system is very well welcomed and the new stages are wonderful addition.

P.S. Regarding Hilde's story; You will find out as to why Hilde and Siegfried never became a thing. Unfortunately... It happened due to a very uncomfortable reality of the Medieval times *cue banjo music.*

Catapharact 18-08-20 22:38

So... Setsuka has been added to the character lineup :D.

[YOUTUBE]sy8IQ5RK1Rc[/YOUTUBE]

I downloaded the DLC today. Will let you know what I think of her once I get a chance to play the game.

Lord Lulu 19-08-20 00:18

Man it has been many years since I last played SoulCalibur. Didn't even know they came out with number 6. Played through the campaign in 5 and was highly disappointed.

Nightmare and Ivy were my favorites to play. All that power and range.

As for the boob armor thing, Shadiversity talks about it. I don't remember if the video is safe to post.

More armor types would be good. Should go from armored tank to skimpy. That should make most people happy.

Grenade 19-08-20 18:45

I bought the season pass when she was released, Hilde is great but Setsuka is always amazing!

Happy she's back, hated what they did to her in SCV. Definitely didn't expect Project Soul to make her younger. I thought and was personally hoping they would give her SCIII look back or look at least similar to it (as they did with Tira and Zasalamel) but alas not :( The artwork is stunning but the in game model her hair just doesn't look good. At least her 2nd recolour looks like SCIII and her SCIV outfit is back as CAS parts ala Amy, Cassandra and Hilde.

I will play Setsuka and Hilde's Soul Chronicle once I've finished another game. Apparently they're quite long.

Catapharact 20-08-20 20:35

[QUOTE=Lord Lulu;8230573]Man it has been many years since I last played SoulCalibur. Didn't even know they came out with number 6. Played through the campaign in 5 and was highly disappointed.

Nightmare and Ivy were my favorites to play. All that power and range.

As for the boob armor thing, Shadiversity talks about it. I don't remember if the video is safe to post.

More armor types would be good. Should go from armored tank to skimpy. That should make most people happy.[/QUOTE]

Ah a fellow Nightmare Main player :D. I usually main as Hilde, Cervantes or Maxi in online matches, but when I am feeling especially sadistic, I always fallback to Nightmare. Sometimes, a pure brutal beat down is just as satisfying as finesse in matches :p.

And for those who maybe curious about Shadiversity's video explaining why Boob Armor isn't all that bad as its portrayed to be, I'll post the video up for you guys:

[YOUTUBE]6KHz0qWQA9I[/YOUTUBE]

He makes very good points and keep in mind that historically speaking, Anatomically shaped Chest Plates were made for many male warriors so in a fantasy setting with an even mix of female and male warriors, it wouldn't be all that unusual for a female warrior from a Noble House to have a custom armor made for them that emphasizes their anatomy.

So overall, I am not against female breast plates that emphasizes a female warrior's bust, so long as its actually Armor and not a metal bikini.

[QUOTE=Grenade;8230760]I bought the season pass when she was released, Hilde is great but Setsuka is always amazing!

Happy she's back, hated what they did to her in SCV. Definitely didn't expect Project Soul to make her younger. I thought and was personally hoping they would give her SCIII look back or look at least similar to it (as they did with Tira and Zasalamel) but alas not :( The artwork is stunning but the in game model her hair just doesn't look good. At least her 2nd recolour looks like SCIII and her SCIV outfit is back as CAS parts ala Amy, Cassandra and Hilde.

I will play Setsuka and Hilde's Soul Chronicle once I've finished another game. Apparently they're quite long.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have been hearing a few complaints about Sesuka's Alternative Look. Fans of SC3 were hoping to atleast have the option of playing her with her "[URL="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oiran"]Oiran[/URL]" look. You can recreate the look in Character Creation (though the hadajuban from her outfit which is binded in Shibari Style is a bit tasteless IMO but meh.)

On the request of my niece, this is my custom Setsuka Look :p. She wanted a fantasy Victorian look:

[IMG]https://i.postimg.cc/T3CWNKq9/Setsuka.jpg[/IMG]

Usage wise, Setsuka is a character that you use if you have a reasonable mastery of the game's mechanics. Mind you, she is not as finesse intensive in SC6 as she was in SC3, but her more devastating attacks require good timing. I actually enjoy using her and she may end up taking Hilde's spot in my top three main usage.

LNSNHGTDS 22-08-20 09:31

Finally gonna play as Setsuka again! They literally announced her as I had just left Athens for vacation so I've been very eager to try her out!!

SnatchingEdges 22-08-20 11:32

I've only played SoulCalibur II and damn I find it entertaining. I loved everything about it and I'm not into fighting games. I may buy VI even though what calls my attention is the characters creator. Has anyone created Lara?

LNSNHGTDS 22-08-20 12:08

[QUOTE=SnatchingEdges;8231688]I've only played SoulCalibur II and damn I find it entertaining. I loved everything about it and I'm not into fighting games. I may buy VI even though what calls my attention is the characters creator. Has anyone created Lara?[/QUOTE]

[youtube]72_K9nGr_Ug[/youtube] :D

VI is a lot of fun, definitely among the best fighting games of this console generation imo

SnatchingEdges 24-08-20 10:12

[QUOTE=LNSNHGTDS;8231695][youtube]72_K9nGr_Ug[/youtube] :D

VI is a lot of fun, definitely among the best fighting games of this console generation imo[/QUOTE]

OMG:hug: The way Classic rebooted the other one's ass :pi:

Catapharact 29-11-20 17:44

Final Character has been revealed and thankfully, its Hawng:

[YOUTUBE]oC2rIDAJ3vo[/YOUTUBE]

He looks absolutely amazing and from what I see from the move set they have given him, he will quickly become one of my mains.

LNSNHGTDS 30-11-20 06:53

I am so relieved it's Hwang. I was starting to fear they might pull an Algol or an Aeon... Yikes.

I'm not too hot on the new outfit but his face looks cool (I like the artwork a lot more than the actual in-game model though, looks a bit generic-y, like a character creation face) and the moves look amazing! Definitely making him one of my mains again after so many years!

They also shared a bit of his updated, new timeline backstory.

[url]https://twitter.com/soulcalibur/status/1333295275675250688?s=20[/url]

See, that's why I love SoulCalibur.

The ammount of detail that goes into characters' backstories and even the backstories of their weapons and stages is insane.

They need to put more of that on the spotlight and less character creation and guest characters galore ****.