www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Uncharted (Series) (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=200524)

_Awestruck_ 28-04-14 21:21

They could be changing the direction of the series, which honestly would be a good thing. But yes, all of these departures coming at once doesn't really sit well with me.

paulwork 29-04-14 11:27

That comment about sony may be right. Put it this way, i was in a very busy electronics store for almost half a day and not once did i see anybody reaching over to buy a now back in stock ps4 console.

I think sony want uc4 in time for their next big console sales period at christmas. They'll want to see consoles flying off the shelves again. That could be their anchor game for early 2015. Maybe ND are not bending to sony's pressures to help encourage console sales.

Peterstar101 29-04-14 11:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lara_Fan1 (Post 7050662)
Uncharted will turn out fine. I don't see anything wrong with the way the games have progressed.

My only complaint is Elena. I want them to stop splitting up to only meet in the middle of the game and get back! Just keep them together lol.

After the tragic mistep that was AoD, you learn to be more worried about everything :p

Vinkula 29-04-14 12:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by domino92 (Post 7050575)
It'll be interesting to see how the finished product turns out, and how much of Naughty Dog is left standing afterwards.

I hope they don't fire their dog!

Cristina 29-04-14 16:10

^:vlol: that just made my day

domino92 29-04-14 18:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulwork (Post 7050997)
That comment about sony may be right. Put it this way, i was in a very busy electronics store for almost half a day and not once did i see anybody reaching over to buy a now back in stock ps4 console.

I think sony want uc4 in time for their next big console sales period at christmas. They'll want to see consoles flying off the shelves again. That could be their anchor game for early 2015. Maybe ND are not bending to sony's pressures to help encourage console sales.

Considering PS4 has sold 7 million units and the Xbone just reached 5 million, I doubt Sony is desperate, but you're right, they could be trying to rush out an Uncharted game to try and sell consoles. Uncharted is a Sony brand, it's instantly recognizable to gamers, and it's something a lot of people would buy into quickly. No doubt Sony wants Uncharted game on their console, it would definitely spur more sales, but is Sony dumb enough to rush Naughty Dog? Surely they've heard of how quickly rushed products turn out.

Baratheon 29-04-14 18:09

Burn.

I'm concerned and excited for Uncharted all the same. I don't really want it to depart from it's comedic element - but a more "serious" route would be appealing. I don't know. I'm torn.

italibabee 17-05-14 18:22

Anyone want to play U3 with me later?
:3

paulwork 26-05-14 23:29

Loads of internet buzz at the moment about Uncharted 4 supposedly being "darker" than previous games.

If by darker they mean (sigh) zombies, they can freak the freak off. We already had zombies in Uncharted 1 thank you very much.

Same goes for any kind of visual style like the movie Batman the Dark Knight. Urgh. Bored now... Would rather watch paint dry than have to suffer that.

lcroft_lc 31-05-14 14:56

Uncharted on PS4 has “Stupidly Impressive Tricks and Tech,” Is “Breathtaking,” – Rumor

Quote:

Industry insiders have been dropping a few hints about what we’re probably going to see at E3 of the new Uncharted on PS4, and today Ahsan “Thuway” Rasheed dropped a bit more information from his sources:

Uncharted PS4 visuals will make you say, “Quantum/Order/Division who?” Stupidly impressive tricks and tech.

Uncharted preview is being described as breathtaking. I don’t know about any more Sony megatons- but the word the last word I got is: The 1st Party stuff is seriously impressive. Whenever it’s shown, it will make people take notice.

Interestingly, Rasheed seems to have come out empty handed on information about Microsoft, but that’s not surprising, as the house of Xbox tends to run a tighter ship than Sony concerning leaks and information that filters through to the public when it’s not supposed to:

I tried pressing for more info, nothing there. Also no new info on MS’s megatons. Looks like leaks are sealed. See you guys next Monday.

Update: anotherprominent insider, Tidux, added more fuel to the Uncharted fire, also confirming that the protagonist of the new game is still Nathan Drake and the setting is “tropical”.

Just seen a new build of Uncharted, I have no words #GreatnessAwaits #PS4
http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/05/...ng-to-insider/