www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

just*raidin*tomb 08-05-12 00:45

Well, like I said, subtle.

_Awestruck_ 08-05-12 00:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phlip (Post 6156115)
Me, and you forgot a question mark. :wve:

Yeah, I know. And I didn't, actually.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevo505 (Post 6156164)
I also loved Lara's tits in this cutscene at 3:05 :D

Oh man. :vlol: Reminds me of Xmas and his ridiculous XNA pictures.

Stevo505 08-05-12 00:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6156185)
^Wur nut all gay.



Are we sure her cloths and fabric are going to move?

There's not much to move.

Yes. A piece from the podcast (I think that's where it's from) was posted yesterday about her model. They said they were working on her clothes moving. I'm assuming that will be for when she's running or falling or when it's windy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Awestruck_ (Post 6156187)
Oh man. :vlol: Reminds me of Xmas and his ridiculous XNA pictures.

I haven't seen those... but I find it hilarious how she's smiling like "watch my tits shake as I kill these bitchess ;D"

Lukass 08-05-12 00:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevo505 (Post 6156181)
Her clothing fabric is going to move

http://www.en.kolobok.us/smiles/arti...uz/JC_link.gif

or it didn't happen...

I see nothing that could move on her clothes....

leglion 08-05-12 00:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6156185)
^Wur nut all gay.



Are we sure her cloths and fabric are going to move?

There's not much to move.

If they want it to move they'd make it do so. It's about the experience not the realism.

Stevo505 08-05-12 00:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 6156190)
http://www.en.kolobok.us/smiles/arti...uz/JC_link.gif

or it didn't happen...

I see nothing that could move on her clothes....

Okay. *searches through transcripts*

just*raidin*tomb 08-05-12 00:48

If her clothing moved in the wind or whatever, you would be able to see it in the leaked demo, which you can't.

King.Louie 08-05-12 00:48

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=185793

Lara's boobs do move. Read right below the purple text.

larafan25 08-05-12 00:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by leglion (Post 6156191)
If they want it to move they'd make it do so. It's about the experience not the realism.

I see....

There's not much on her to move.

Stevo505 08-05-12 00:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by just*raidin*tomb (Post 6156193)
If her clothing moved in the wind or whatever, you would be able to see it in the leaked demo, which you can't.

Yeah I know. Karl was talking about how they were polishing her model for things such as hair and cloth movement.

leglion 08-05-12 00:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6156196)
I see....

There's not much on her to move.

http://www.videogamegirlsdb.com/Imag...Raider__09.jpg

There's enough.

larafan25 08-05-12 00:51

I highly doubt her clothes will move like they did in the CGI trailer.

Stevo505 08-05-12 00:52

I could definitely see air catching her top and blowing it slightly.

Lukass 08-05-12 00:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevo505 (Post 6156198)
Yeah I know. Karl was talking about how they were polishing her model for things such as hair and cloth movement.

You probably meant this...

Quote:

KS: “What you see right now is very early for Lara. We have artists working around the clock to get things like fabric and hair moving properly. This is one of the problems with showing content as early as we have been. There are certain things that will take the back burner until the game is finished internally and we get into a phase of polish. Lara’s hair is probably 40 or 50 percent of the way. The face of Lara and clothing of Lara is locked and won’t change, but details are still in flux. She’ll get much better.”
There's nothing about clothes moving though :p

Stevo505 08-05-12 00:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 6156203)
You probably meant this...



There's nothing about clothes moving though :p

Quote:

fabric and hair
Cloth is fabric.

leglion 08-05-12 00:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6156201)
I highly doubt her clothes will move like they did in the CGI trailer.

Didn't they do it in uncharted 1? They just have to animate the bump maps. or have a dynamic bump map. But now cloth dynamics work in real time so that's not even necessary.

_Awestruck_ 08-05-12 00:53

They could just add more detail to the clothing and it wouldn't be a huge deal. They don't necessarily have to "move".

larafan25 08-05-12 00:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by leglion (Post 6156206)
Didn't they do it in uncharted 1? They just have to animate the bump maps. or have a dynamic bump map. But now cloth dynamics work in real time so that's not even necessary.

Well if they can do it then sure, I don't mind.

Lukass 08-05-12 00:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevo505 (Post 6156205)
Cloth is fabric.

Oh, ok. Well, the only thing I can see moving are the pendant and the rag pieces on the bandage, but they seem to be too short to move anyway...lol

Stevo505 08-05-12 00:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 6156211)
Oh, ok. Well, the only thing I can see moving are the pendant and the rag pieces on the bandage, but they seem to be too short to move anyway...lol

Lol. If the only thing that moves is the necklace then that's fine. If it doesn't move I will be like "wtf"

Lukass 08-05-12 01:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevo505 (Post 6156213)
Lol. If the only thing that moves is the necklace then that's fine. If it doesn't move I will be like "wtf"

The necklace definitely need to move. It looks horrible now, it looks like it's been burnt in her skin.

TRexbait 08-05-12 01:00

I keep imagining Rao, from Okami. Her bouncing boobs made the bouncing sound. :vlol:

just*raidin*tomb 08-05-12 01:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by leglion (Post 6156206)
Didn't they do it in uncharted 1? They just have to animate the bump maps. or have a dynamic bump map. But now cloth dynamics work in real time so that's not even necessary.

Uncharted 3 actually. Drake's clothing shifted in the strong desert winds, but that was it. It was a nice little touch I guess.

leglion 08-05-12 01:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by just*raidin*tomb (Post 6156218)
Uncharted 3 actually. Drake's clothing shifted in the strong desert winds, but that was it. It was a nice little touch I guess.

I remember someone saying that happened way before uncharted 3 was released. Ah well.

just*raidin*tomb 08-05-12 01:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by leglion (Post 6156224)
I remember someone saying that happened way before uncharted 3 was released. Ah well.

The wrinkles in the clothes were dynamic but the clothing didn't move in the wind until the 3rd.

But it's a nice little effect. I guess little things like bandages and a bit of her top could move some in the wind.

motoleo 08-05-12 02:03

Thursday, May 5th, 2011 - Iron Man Writers Recruited To Reboot Tomb Raider Franchise
http://spinoff.comicbookresources.co...der-franchise/

http://www.en.kolobok.us/smiles/arti...uz/JC_clap.gif

Gamd1011 08-05-12 02:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by motoleo (Post 6156258)
Thursday, May 5th, 2011 - Iron Man Writers Recruited To Reboot Tomb Raider Franchise
http://spinoff.comicbookresources.co...der-franchise/

http://www.en.kolobok.us/smiles/arti...uz/JC_clap.gif

Very old news:o

Stevo505 08-05-12 02:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by motoleo (Post 6156258)
Thursday, May 5th, 2011 - Iron Man Writers Recruited To Reboot Tomb Raider Franchise
http://spinoff.comicbookresources.co...der-franchise/

http://www.en.kolobok.us/smiles/arti...uz/JC_clap.gif

You should know that we jump on news whenever there is any at all. Since this is from a year ago, we've seen it. :p

larafan25 08-05-12 02:10

GUISE! They UPDATED LE TUMB RAYDUR HUB AT GAME INFURMER!

http://www.gameinformer.com/p/tombraider.aspx

!:jmp::jmp::cln::cln:
























http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/u...YQU1qbrncf.gif

U no. I get so excited when I see a link...my heart just....mmm....yeah...hm.

Stevo505 08-05-12 02:11

You evil man.

motoleo 08-05-12 02:18

Oh, are they the same writers for this game?

TRexbait 08-05-12 02:18

You're absolutely horrible Julian! :mad:

lcroft_lc 08-05-12 02:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by motoleo (Post 6156258)
Thursday, May 5th, 2011 - Iron Man Writers Recruited To Reboot Tomb Raider Franchise
http://spinoff.comicbookresources.co...der-franchise/

http://www.en.kolobok.us/smiles/arti...uz/JC_clap.gif

We should celebrate this news 3 days ago on its 1 year anniversary. :p 1 year and they only recruited the writer of the film. :p

larafan25 08-05-12 02:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by motoleo (Post 6156266)
Oh, are they the same writers for this game?

Not that we know of, but I doubt they're the writers. :/

just*raidin*tomb 08-05-12 02:20

Dude I literally never expected that from larafan25 so I'm going to cry now because I feel personally offended.

Stevo505 08-05-12 02:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by motoleo (Post 6156266)
Oh, are they the same writers for this game?

Most likely not. I don't think Square Enix would be willing to pay money for an esteemed film writer.

larafan25 08-05-12 02:22

I don't know what to say aside from not sorry. :(

just*raidin*tomb 08-05-12 02:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6156274)
I don't know what to say aside from not sorry. :(

Oh how insincere of you.

Shark_Blade 08-05-12 03:34

So any new news? Apart from those snails?

lcroft_lc 08-05-12 03:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shark_Blade (Post 6156302)
So any new news? Apart from those snails?

Yes. Square Enix confirms Tomb Raider will be shown at E3. :D


All times are GMT. The time now is 15:11.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.