www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

skylark1121 15-02-13 23:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spong (Post 6652483)
Mars is a planet, not a month :pi::p

In English, yes. :p

Unless you were being sarcastic or joking lol.

TheRCroft 15-02-13 23:37

I love those new scenes on that ad, amazing!

Spong 15-02-13 23:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by skylark1121 (Post 6652484)
In English, yes. :p

Unless you were being sarcastic or joking lol.

LOL, I was indeed joking ;)

trfanX34 15-02-13 23:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by renspyro (Post 6652481)
:jmp::jmp::jmp:!!



Warning: New Scenes! But it's awesome!!

That was already uploaded and posted by FearEffect before :p

renspyro 15-02-13 23:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by trfanX34 (Post 6652493)
That was already uploaded and posted by FearEffect before :p

Sorry, i just found it and posted :P

Shark_Blade 16-02-13 00:35

Wow, reading that some of you guys' artwork being stolen sadden me. That's messed up.

I wonder how to prevent this? I'm thinking of posting lower res. pics and a big ass watermark on it. :/

yesrushdt 16-02-13 00:38

Player Tailoring
 
I apologize in advance if this has already been asked a million times.

Are there any player tailoring type options in TReboot like in Underworld? I know the latest Hitman had a "purist" mode that removed a good deal of the HUD. It would certainly be nice if we were given an option to get rid of the button/action prompts, pop up mission objectives/xp points and also increase the level of difficulty.

Spong 16-02-13 00:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shark_Blade (Post 6652544)
Wow, reading that some of you guys' artwork being stolen sadden me. That's messed up.

It sucks, yeah. And it means people get hesitant about posting their (awesome) work again in the future, which is even worse :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shark_Blade (Post 6652544)
I wonder how to prevent this? I'm thinking of posting lower res. pics and a big ass watermark on it. :/

That's probably the best way to go about it if you're posting images publicly. I guess if people here wanted the 'proper' version of a pic that someone had made, they could always ask through PMs.

lance6439 16-02-13 00:42

I recently haven't been digging this new TR9. In-fact, I sometimes feel like I'm getting sick. This is not the Lara Croft I've been playing since I was around 5 years of age...and everything will be...different. :/

oh well...I probably wont even get the game til next year.

Mr GaGa 16-02-13 00:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by lance6439 (Post 6652560)
I recently haven't been digging this new TR9. In-fact, I sometimes feel like I'm getting sick. This is not the Lara Croft I've been playing since I was around 5 years of age...and everything will be...different. :/

oh well...I probably wont even get the game til next year.

It's still Lara, and your right it is not the Lara you have been playing since you were 5. Do some research, this new tomb raider is b4 she becomes the Lara Croft we have come to know. She didn't come out of her mom with dual pistols and a fearless attitude.:o

lance6439 16-02-13 00:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr GaGa (Post 6652569)
She didn't come out of her mom with dual pistols and a fearless attitude.:o

Yes she did.

nevillet 16-02-13 01:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by lance6439 (Post 6652560)
oh well...I probably wont even get the game til next year.

*surprise* *confusion*
How can you have been on these forums since '08 and have 14,000 posts and not be getting Tomb Raider this year?

:(

lance6439 16-02-13 01:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by nevillet (Post 6652582)
*surprise* *confusion*
How can you have been on these forums since '08 and have 14,000 posts and not be getting Tomb Raider this year?

:(

I'll try to attempt and buy it...idk. Its been a turn off lately.

Mr GaGa 16-02-13 01:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by nevillet (Post 6652582)
*surprise* *confusion*
How can you have been on these forums since '08 and have 14,000 posts and not be getting Tomb Raider this year?

:(

Eh his loss really. I for one is definatly waiting at gamestops door with my tomb raider shirt and necklace on :D

:}hello friend 16-02-13 01:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr GaGa (Post 6652589)
Eh his loss really. I for one is definatly waiting at gamestops door with my tomb raider shirt and necklace on :D

I hope you enjoy wasting 60 bucks (or whatever the hell your currency is.)

See, it works the other way too :)

Weemanply109 16-02-13 01:51

****. Well, thankfully I only seen the screencap one of y'all posted of that trailer. However, I'm not spoiling the EXPERIENCE for myself at all and haven't really done so over the past few months and I plan to keep it that way. :o

Not watching this trailer. Also, people are publicly posting spoilers now, is it time to go dark? :pi:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shark_Blade (Post 6652544)
Wow, reading that some of you guys' artwork being stolen sadden me. That's messed up.

I wonder how to prevent this? I'm thinking of posting lower res. pics and a big ass watermark on it. :/

That's the sad thing about the internet. If you don't want people to copy or steal your work, then the best advice is to not publish it at all (or atleast somehow make it private to a few people :pi:). But I do think the alternatives you suggested are GOOD.

If I were creating my own artwork, etc. I'd definitely publish a lower quality version with a big ass watermark saying "ITS MINE BITCH!". :p

dantedmc 16-02-13 02:16

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zrkOoIOU9M

multiplayer bla bla bla

Mr GaGa 16-02-13 02:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by :}hello friend (Post 6652601)
I hope you enjoy wasting 60 bucks (or whatever the hell your currency is.)

See, it works the other way too :)

I actually paid $106 for this masterpiece. I'm to much of a tomb raider fan to get the regular edition:jmp:. What can I say, I don't play when it come to my Lara Croft:hug:

Carbonek_0051 16-02-13 02:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by :}hello friend (Post 6652601)
I hope you enjoy wasting 60 bucks (or whatever the hell your currency is.)

See, it works the other way too :)

Stay classy. :tmb:

Isaac 16-02-13 02:35

Question.

Was it confirmed or not there are going to be supernatural encounters?

I mean, it was said in an interview by Karl we wouldn't, then we saw a trailer with Lara fighting a giant in Samurai armor and it was said it was a japanese god-like creature... Which makes Karl's comment invalid, except if what it was said about the trailer was pure speculation, hence my question.

Phlip 16-02-13 02:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac (Post 6652636)
Question.

Was it confirmed or not there are going to be supernatural encounters?

I mean, it was said in an interview by Karl we wouldn't, then we saw a trailer with Lara fighting a giant in Samurai armor and it was said it was a japanese god-like creature... Which makes Karl's comment invalid, except if what it was said about the trailer was pure speculation, hence my question.

Karl lies about everything. :p He said there was no multiplayer before it was announced, so I guess it's his way of keeping a surprise. I personally think there is going to be supernatural elements. :)

Isaac 16-02-13 02:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phlip (Post 6652640)
Karl lies about everything. :p He said there was no multiplayer before it was announced, so I guess it's his way of keeping a surprise. I personally think there is going to be supernatural elements. :)

Great! I hope so. Tomb Raider without surnatural elements wouldn't be a Tomb Raider.

Stevo505 16-02-13 02:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phlip (Post 6652640)
Karl lies about everything. :p He said there was no multiplayer before it was announced, so I guess it's his way of keeping a surprise. I personally think there is going to be supernatural elements. :)

When did he say no multiplayer? He said CD were focusing on single player.

Shark_Blade 16-02-13 03:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr GaGa (Post 6652569)
It's still Lara, and your right it is not the Lara you have been playing since you were 5. Do some research, this new tomb raider is b4 she becomes the Lara Croft we have come to know. She didn't come out of her mom with dual pistols and a fearless attitude.:o

Yawn. Who gives a rat's ass.

Like, I don't care about weak Peter Parker, only Spider-Man. Same with Lara. Frightened little girl who also hates tombs? GTFO please, tq.

KasumiBlosssom 16-02-13 03:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shark_Blade (Post 6652669)
Yawn. Who gives a rat's ass.

Like, no one really cares about weak Peter Parker, only Spider-Man. Same with Lara. Frightened little girl who also hates tombs? GTFO please, tq.

Yet there seems to be far more interest in this "Frightened little girl" then we have had in this series for some time now.

You're entitled to you're own opinion on the game but you can't generalize the fanbase on that. Even if you weren't entirely serious about that post, some fans here may not realize that.

Shark_Blade 16-02-13 03:42

That's why I look forward to her 'evolution/changes' in the game. Hopefully it happens quickly in the game. None of this nonsense weak Lara.

I hear she killed her rapist and a bandwagon of rapers on the island. That sounds interesting.

KasumiBlosssom 16-02-13 03:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shark_Blade (Post 6652675)
That's why I look forward to her 'evolution/changes' in the game. Hopefully it happens quickly in the game. None of this nonsense weak Lara.

I hear she killed her rapist and a bandwagon of rapers on the island. That sounds interesting.

I agree about the changes part. I'm excited see the part from the Survivor trailer when Lara says "Let's do this!" with her friends while holding her bow. From the looks of what I could see it just seems like a part where she is actually ready to take on what lies ahead. :D

FearEffect 16-02-13 03:57

TR 2013 version TR Movie

http://nsa32.casimages.com/img/2013/...5583387255.png

skylark1121 16-02-13 04:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by :}hello friend (Post 6652601)
I hope you enjoy wasting 60 bucks (or whatever the hell your currency is.)

I certainly did! Is there anything more fun than wasting money? :eek:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevo505 (Post 6652651)
When did he say no multiplayer? He said CD were focusing on single player.

I remember him specifically saying it once. :p

FearEffect 16-02-13 04:47

http://th05.deviantart.net/fs70/300W...or-d5v3gh3.png

Hope you like it!

TippingWater 16-02-13 04:55

^ I like it! :D

I cannot wait to finally play the game :D.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...44649058_n.jpg

egypt_gypsie 16-02-13 05:07

Off topic slightly, but I found this picture on Reddit:

(Didn't want to start an entire thread for it)

It appears to be a hidden message in TR4's exe file.

http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/r...psc01c6571.png

FearEffect 16-02-13 05:20

^

:eek:




The original soundracks names

1. Adventure Found Me
2. The Scavenger's Den
3. Exploring The Island
4. First Blood
5. Reaching Roth
6. Infiltrating The Bunker
7. A Call For Help
8. Entering Himiko's Tomb
9. The Descent
10. The One
11. The Scavenger's Camp
12. Paying Respects
13. On The Beach
14. Secret of the Island
15. The Oni
16. Whitman's Test
17. Scaling The Ziggurat
18. The Ritual
19. A Survivor Is Born
20. The Tomb Raider

TippingWater 16-02-13 05:25

^That sounds great, thanks for posting! :)

MyRaider4Life 16-02-13 06:18

3 hours into the game and it's already up to track seven? I don't like the sound of that. >_>

Barry Matharoo 16-02-13 06:28

The soundtrack contains the name Oni. These are mystical beings. Didn't CD say no mystical creatures! :confused:

Tonyrobinson 16-02-13 06:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyRaider4Life (Post 6652726)
3 hours into the game and it's already up to track seven? I don't like the sound of that. >_>

I think that's pretty good. Say every seven tracks is three hours then we are looking at a ten hour game a said from the start. :)

As for Oni it has been known for a while they've been included despite reports. :p

klona 16-02-13 06:40

Oni are creatures from Japanese folklore, variously translated as demons, devils, ogres or trolls.
Hmm...

MyRaider4Life 16-02-13 06:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson (Post 6652732)
I think that's pretty good. Say every seven tracks is three hours then we are looking at a ten hour game a said from the start. :)

You'd be looking more at an 8 and half hour game, actually.

GUMI 16-02-13 06:52

OMG! that's the best fan cover i've seen! :eek:
And, i read about the art theft too (The phones/wallets)
That's just cruel to an amazing artist like you, i hope thoose people who did it have removed it by now.


All times are GMT. The time now is 14:54.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.