www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

LuigiEspadachin 08-03-13 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass
Yuh, I missed a jump so many times. And the scavengers are so hard to kill. I keep dying in the Shanty town....bloody hell.

This. I actually had to tone down the difficulty from Hard to Easy temporarily for the part with the fire arrows in the end, I just kept getting overwhelmed.

megabug7 08-03-13 22:18

I don't know if anyone in CD will notice this, but I hope seriously that they leave Lara's appearance and the way she moves as she does in this game alone

TRLAU's Lara's all looked and moved differently which I found odd.

Leave this Lara the way she is please - thank you.

NCFirebolt21 08-03-13 22:18

I'm at the part after Jonah, Alex, Rayas, Lara and Sam all meet up in the night after a major... "incident" and Lara tries to find out the truth behind the map she picked up about the Stormguard or something. How much more of the main campaign have I got left to go?

Tomb_of_Darkns 08-03-13 22:18

So i decided to go travel back to shantytown to find salvage and exp points to level up before moving on with the rest of the story and while i was fighting some left over solarii's that happened to be there, the framerate of the game dropped like nobodys business. It literally looked like the game was going frame by frame. The strange thing is though it seemed to occur when there were invisible enemies. Like i couldn't see anyone, but there were bullets and arrows that were hurting me. But once i left the area a good distance away the lagging stopped.
Is this just a one time bug? Or do you think this will stay consistent? Has anyone else experienced this?
I play on the ps3 btw. I really hope its just a one time bug because this game has surpassed my expectations and i don't want this to keep happening lol.

Hopefully since i got a digital copy, maybe deleting the game and redownloading would do something. I haven't gone back to shantytown since i had to move on with the rest of my game, but i really hope it doesn't happen again.

Ravalessa 08-03-13 22:20

I haven't finished the game yet (taking my time because I don't want it to end!) but I did have one question, if anyone can answer:
Who was the person who pulled Lara up from the water in the way beginning? Roth was too far away for it to be him, unless they skipped a bit. Was it all metaphorical, to her saying "something that keeps us going"?
Does this question get answered later in the game? If yes, don't tell me please.

_Awestruck_ 08-03-13 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravalessa (Post 6693493)
I haven't finished the game yet (taking my time because I don't want it to end!) but I did have one question, if anyone can answer:
Who was the person who pulled Lara up from the water in the way beginning? Roth was too far away for it to be him, unless they skipped a bit. Was it all metaphorical, to her saying "something that keeps us going"?
Does this question get answered later in the game? If yes, don't tell me please.

Jonah.

JayB18 08-03-13 22:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCFirebolt21 (Post 6693486)
I'm at the part after Jonah, Alex, Rayas, Lara and Sam all meet up in the night after a major... "incident" and Lara tries to find out the truth behind the map she picked up about the Stormguard or something. How much more of the main campaign have I got left to go?

Not too much. You have 2 more main story areas until you are done.

JayB18 08-03-13 22:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwinPistols92 (Post 6693348)
GOD I am loving this game!! :D It's really way better than I could have imagined! So addictive I don't want to put it down. I'm trying to go as slow as I can to savour the experience. xD There is a surprising amount of exploration, which pleases me very much! The environments are more open than I'd anticipated. I didn't expect that with everyone saying it was too linear, which it is to an extent.



I know! There were so many moments where I was awed by the graphics. Particularly in the second two optional tombs. Wow! :eek: so beautiful.



This. I was also surprised by the less 'magneticness' of Lara. It is a definite improvement. :tmb:

BTW I'm at the spot where Lara gets the fire arrows in the shanty town. Can anyone tell me how far I am from the end, without spoilers? Thanks.

Shantytown is somewhere around the halfway point. Depending how much you choose to explore there and the next large hub area you can have quite a long time left. Shantytown took me forever to explore all the buildings top to bottom.

Ravalessa 08-03-13 22:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Awestruck_ (Post 6693497)
Jonah.

Yeah I thought so. Was it because of his bracelets? That scene was really quick and was hoping they would go back to it, like with Lara thanking him or something.

Lukass 08-03-13 22:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuigiEspadachin (Post 6693414)
This. I actually had to tone down the difficulty from Hard to Easy temporarily for the part with the fire arrows in the end, I just kept getting overwhelmed.

That's exactly the part I keep dying in. I play on normal difficulty. I gave up for today, will try again tomorrow :D

voltz 08-03-13 22:51

You guys think Shanty town is fun to explore at night?

Tomb_of_Darkns 08-03-13 22:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by voltz (Post 6693538)
You guys think Shanty town is fun to explore at night?

It looks beautiful and playing in the dark has an added tension factor since there are still enemies and you can only see them if you light your torch or fire arrows lol

hayden 08-03-13 23:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by voltz (Post 6693538)
You guys think Shanty town is fun to explore at night?

I don't think Shanty town is fun to explore at all. I didn't like it.

voltz 08-03-13 23:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomb_of_Darkns (Post 6693554)
It looks beautiful and playing in the dark has an added tension factor since there are still enemies and you can only see them if you light your torch or fire arrows lol

I did get into a few scrapes with them and ultimately it seems like the AI just doesn't take darkness into account as they always track me.

SEN1138 08-03-13 23:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by hayden (Post 6693557)
I don't think Shanty town is fun to explore at all. I didn't like it.

This. It's one of the worst levels in the game - talk about scavengers and their bad planning ;)

Spong 08-03-13 23:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by voltz (Post 6693563)
...it seems like the AI just doesn't take darkness into account as they always track me.

That's because Lara stinks of poop. They just follow the smell.

The1andOnlyTR 08-03-13 23:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 6693219)
I think you need all of them, and yeah you MUST ;) !

__________

17 days to go and then God Raider will be mine!!!

OMG I JUST GOT IT I COULD CRY BEST EASTER EGG EVER! D': :jmp:

ItIsOkBro 08-03-13 23:35

Who's Lee Vrige?

Soul 08-03-13 23:41

Did you guys notice all the pricky shrubs that are everywhere in the game? I think we might get a DLC-tool or something, to get rid of it and open new areas in every single hub *hopes*

SEN1138 08-03-13 23:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soul (Post 6693610)
Did you guys notice all the pricky shrubs that are everywhere in the game? I think we might get a DLC-tool or something, to get rid of it and open new areas in every single hub *hopes*

I killed Lara on those once, they are irritating as hell.

DaNoNeMoKiId 08-03-13 23:55

Isn't it the Xbox Live free gold weekend or whatever? My account still says it's silver..

Soul 08-03-13 23:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by SEN1138 (Post 6693614)
I killed Lara on those once, they are irritating as hell.

One can die there? I jumped into them multiple times and never managed to die, despite playing on hard ^^
There must be a reason why they are there. If one moves the camera behind them, one also sees, that there's no solid wall, which means, there COULD be a path leading somwhere else. :o

WolfBoy1985 09-03-13 00:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by SEN1138 (Post 6693614)
I killed Lara on those once, they are irritating as hell.

I died on them early in the game right after she finds the bow and arrow, i thought it was really......odd. They're sticks, why is she dying?

Later on though i found more and she doesn't seem to take any damage from them.

M1chae1a 09-03-13 00:08

I died in the scary nettles right after I got the bow aswell xD

voltz 09-03-13 00:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soul (Post 6693610)
Did you guys notice all the pricky shrubs that are everywhere in the game? I think we might get a DLC-tool or something, to get rid of it and open new areas in every single hub *hopes*

I found out a good majority of the wildlife runs out and retreats to these areas. They're hubs you can't have access to.

Now the caves with boulders... I'd like to see them quit ****blocking us and give us access.

Heckler 09-03-13 02:03

I can't find FeeFee! :D Where on the beach does he/she/it normally reside? :D

hayden 09-03-13 02:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heckler (Post 6693772)
I can't find FeeFee! :D Where on the beach does he/she/it normally reside? :D

The left side if you're on the part of the beach where the base camp is and you're facing the water :hug:

Heckler 09-03-13 02:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by hayden (Post 6693780)
The left side if you're on the part of the beach where the base camp is and you're facing the water :hug:

Awww thanx!!! :hug: I'll be on the lookout! :D

Lara.Jolie7 09-03-13 02:24

I've just finished this amazing game! (18 hours ahahah)
Finally a game that is finished and not sold to any plataform *xboxtru*
100% amazing, the TR team did an amazing job! Now it's time to make 100% (just did 75%) and play online :D

TippingWater 09-03-13 02:30

Is it just me or does she say "Run you badguys!" instead of "Run you bastards!"?

Gamd1011 09-03-13 02:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by TippingWater (Post 6693802)
Is it just me or does she say "Run you badguys!" instead of "Run you bastards!"?

Lolno

That would be seriously stupid. :p

TippingWater 09-03-13 02:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamd1011 (Post 6693805)
Lolno

That would be seriously stupid. :p

I swear it sounds something like "bass-guys!".

SEN1138 09-03-13 02:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by TippingWater (Post 6693806)
I swear it sounds something like "bass-guys!".

It's bastards - I think it just the fact that it sounds slightly distorted due to her shouting.

Heckler 09-03-13 02:44

I found Feefee! :mis:

[IMG]http://i47.************/166jbs1.jpg[/IMG]

Gamd1011 09-03-13 02:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heckler (Post 6693820)
I found Feefee! :mis:

You awful, awful creature! :smk:

A mod should really re-open this thread:
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=182523

Or someone should make a new one.

Chocola teapot 09-03-13 02:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heckler (Post 6693820)
I found Feefee! :mis:

[IMG]http://i47.************/166jbs1.jpg[/IMG]

LMAO. You should have used exploding arrows! :whi:

RIP Feefee. 2013 - 2013.

italibabee 09-03-13 03:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heckler (Post 6693820)

Omg.
:vlol:
FeeFee
</3

SKing 09-03-13 03:07

Isn't that too much blood for a crab? :p

FeeFee was special...

Stevo505 09-03-13 03:40

I never knew crabs had so much blood inside them. :vlol:

Gamd1011 09-03-13 04:18

I ran into my first couple of glitches today. (on my second play-through)

In the scavenger den Lara kept bobbing up and down through the floor in the puzzle area near the water. It looked sort of like how it did when you get the rope ascender glitch and have to go through the floor to continue. I was really scared that I was going to fall through the floor and have to reload or something.

I couldn't put the torch away by holding B/Circle, I had to go back to one of the scripted areas where she takes out her torch.

I DID fall through the floor in one of the puzzle areas of the shantytown though. (The one where you have to put weights on the raising platform and jump on it) Lara was performing the climb up animation where she puts her leg on the ledge. And the platform fell all the way to the floor and in-turn caused Lara to phase through and fall. Thankfully she died when she did and I didn't have to reload my game or anything.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:02.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.