www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

LNSNHGTDS 12-03-13 11:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItIsOkBro (Post 6700023)
You can't tell if a girl is 14 lol some of them are well beyond puberty at that point..

But how is that possible, puberty usually starts at 13 but even if it started earlier the "final" form of a person is not yet... formed :p .

Maybe it would help if I actually saw Alisha I could tell whether she looks her age or not (there are tons of sluts in my school, I think I'll be able to tell the difference :p ! ) , is that picture of her somewhere to be found?

Gamd1011 12-03-13 12:10

Creative bug I found.. :whi:


(Description of bug in "Report a bug" thread)

Only TR lover 12-03-13 13:54

Quick question - is there a download link for Tomb Raider overture?

King.Louie 12-03-13 14:04

Can we just talk about how amazing the beach hub is! Seriously it's the most beautiful part in the entire game! :D

Gamd1011 12-03-13 14:15

So, now that CD has gained my trust with this game. I've decided to go almost completely blind for the sequel. I'll maybe watch the first trailer to get a sense of what the game is about. But other than that I don't want to know anything about the sequel. Gah I'm already excited! :yah:

Lara_Fan1 12-03-13 14:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamd1011 (Post 6700286)
Gah I'm already excited! :yah:

I want the sequel to hurry up. I want it for next year :')

Supernova 12-03-13 14:25

I want them to take as much time as they need.
I don't want another yearly TR game with little to no improvements.

Lara_Fan1 12-03-13 14:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supernova (Post 6700300)
I want them to take as much time as they need.
I don't want another yearly TR game with little to no improvements.

No! lol.

I'm not waiting 5 years for the next one!

Supernova 12-03-13 14:27

Well, I don't think they need another five years, but next year is way too soon.

Lukass 12-03-13 14:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by King.Louie (Post 6700271)
Can we just talk about how amazing the beach hub is! Seriously it's the most beautiful part in the entire game! :D

I find the beach boring :p Shanty town and the Night hub are the best for me :)

Gamd1011 12-03-13 14:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lara_Fan1 (Post 6700301)
No! lol.

I'm not waiting 5 years for the next one!

But I'd rather not have a new TR every year, the quality would drop DRAMATICALLY. I can already see it. Every 2 years (3 at the most) is fine with me.

Lara_Fan1 12-03-13 14:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supernova (Post 6700302)
Well, I don't think they need another five years, but next year is way too soon.

It isn't :'( . Jokes I'm just to excited.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamd1011 (Post 6700304)
But I'd rather not have a new TR every year, the quality will drop DRAMATICALLY. I can already see it. Every 2 years (3 at the most) is fine with me.

Yeah I don't think a yearly release is ok anymore, I agree maybe 2015 we could have the sequel.

Supernova 12-03-13 14:29

It is if you want another great game, instead of a good one.

Seifer 12-03-13 14:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamd1011 (Post 6700286)
So, now that CD has gained my trust with this game. I've decided to go almost completely blind for the sequel. I'll maybe watch the first trailer to get a sense of what the game is about. But other than that I don't want to know anything about the sequel. Gah I'm already excited! :yah:

That's how I approached this new game. I saw a glimpse of her hanging in the sack ages ago, then decided to get on with my life and ignore any other stuff about the game. The game was all the better for it. My jaw was on the floor in some parts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lara_Fan1 (Post 6700297)
I want the sequel to hurry up. I want it for next year :')

I know what you mean :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supernova (Post 6700300)
I want them to take as much time as they need.
I don't want another yearly TR game with little to no improvements.

I know what you mean too :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lara_Fan1 (Post 6700301)
No! lol.

I'm not waiting 5 years for the next one!

No not that long :D It should be lovingly cooked to perfection, so it's just right.

Carbonek_0051 12-03-13 15:40

Since this thread gets ignored, anyone up for some MP on Xbox Live in a bit?

TRPunk 12-03-13 15:45

Quick question. I realize that I never even used the napalm arrows during my first go around. How do I used them(have 360 version)

_Ninja_ 12-03-13 15:51

Arkham Asylum (2009) => Arkham City (2011). A quality sequel is doable in 2 years. Now that they have their engine, Lara, general aesthetic, combat, traversal, etc. done already.

tomblover 12-03-13 16:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by **LARA LOVER** (Post 6698646)
Did anyone who bought the limited edition guide have problems downloading the two multiplayer characters?

My codes didn't work! :cen:

My codes (for Steam) didn't show up in the menu at first -- they redeemed fine, but yielded nothing and the game wouldn't start after I put them in. Restarting the PC a couple of times seemed to fix the problem though, so that was odd. o_o

Tommy123 12-03-13 16:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRPunk (Post 6700414)
Quick question. I realize that I never even used the napalm arrows during my first go around. How do I used them(have 360 version)

I believe they are just part of the fire arrows

Carbonek_0051 12-03-13 16:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommy123 (Post 6700484)
I believe they are just part of the fire arrows

Nope.

Instead of pushing up once to get the fire arrows, you have to push up again for the napalm ones.

Soul 12-03-13 16:42

^Nope - you mean the explosive arrows. Indeed the fire arrows ARE the napalm-arrows :)

LCFan123 12-03-13 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamd1011 (Post 6700304)
But I'd rather not have a new TR every year, the quality would drop DRAMATICALLY. I can already see it. Every 2 years (3 at the most) is fine with me.

I totally agree. I see what they're doing with the Assassin's Creed series. I'm a big fan of the games but releasing two games (Assassin's Creed 3 and the upcoming 4) in almost the same year? I think that's a bit too much.
I really hope they're not doing that with Tomb Raider. I hope they're going to do it like Naughty Dog, they know how and when to make and publish a new game.

Carbonek_0051 12-03-13 16:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soul (Post 6700498)
^Nope - you mean the explosive arrows. Indeed the fire arrows ARE the napalm-arrows :)

I'm pretty sure the napalm arrows are the explosive arrow upgrade. :confused:

LCFan123 12-03-13 16:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbonek_0051 (Post 6700503)
I'm pretty sure the napalm arrows are the explosive arrow upgrade. :confused:

Nope, the napalm arrows are an upgraded version of the fire arrows. The explosive arrows are unlocked as soon as you find the grenade launcher because you need the same ammo for both I guess?

Phlip 12-03-13 19:24

What is up with the menu randomly having "DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT" shoved in your face? You have to look at that text for no reason for no reason for like 10 seconds. :confused:

murderinparadi 12-03-13 21:00

omg I've managed to get 2 of my friends who weren't hardcore Tomb Raider fans to get it!

I feel so accomplished! but yeah, they both reaaaly like the game. Only comlaint so far is it's shorter than expected from one, but the other doesn't seem to have any complaint and that he loved the parachute sequence! :jmp::jmp::jmp:

murderinparadi 12-03-13 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supernova (Post 6700300)
I want them to take as much time as they need.
I don't want another yearly TR game with little to no improvements.

Yeah, like 1 and a half to 2 years minimum for me, but maybe they could release more GoL type games during the wait akin to how the Assassins Creed franchise did Brotherhood and Revelations to fill in AC2 and AC3. Maybe even just one filler game incorporating some of the TR mechanics but also experimental mechanics that may or may not be on the seuqel! And it'd be more than DLC material!But if it's only being released for the sake of releasing things and it isn't good enough to contribute to the legacy then I don't think any filler game should be released.

I want interactive environments like knocking down trees and firing at the ground to create dust clouds for cover for the next game and a plethora of new features; new badass cast of characters and one hell of an interesting story. I hope the story steps up too since it won't be as much of an origins story to attract a new general audience and reboot the franchise anymore.

:jmp::jmp::jmp:

WolfBoy1985 12-03-13 21:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by LCFan123 (Post 6700501)
I totally agree. I see what they're doing with the Assassin's Creed series. I'm a big fan of the games but releasing two games (Assassin's Creed 3 and the upcoming 4) in almost the same year? I think that's a bit too much.
I really hope they're not doing that with Tomb Raider. I hope they're going to do it like Naughty Dog, they know how and when to make and publish a new game.

I don't play Assassin's Creed, but from what i have seen fans say, they think the games are literally just rolled out with new make overs and that's all. I don't want to see TR do that either.

NCFirebolt21 12-03-13 23:24

Just finished Tomb Raider; easily one of the best games I've ever played.

I don't know if anyone experienced a glitch during the final cutscene; I could only here the audio before "A Survivor Is Born" flashed up. Gonna youtube that part...

Supernova 13-03-13 07:29

Finished it last last night for the second time getting 100%. I actually think my second playthrough took me even longer trying to complete all the challenges. Most of these are very well hidden.

I took a look at the achievement list and saw there's one where you have to get someone to drop dynamite that kills two people. Are there any battles where that would be easy to achieve?

EscondeR 13-03-13 08:32

I haz Lara http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...lies/ololo.gif





http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps95d0adc6.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps70f8ddef.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...pseee6b903.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps23b6cff6.jpg

lcroft_lc 13-03-13 08:45

Still playing Skyrim? :p

EscondeR 13-03-13 08:49

^ Jelly? :ton:

Lara_Fan1 13-03-13 09:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supernova (Post 6701994)
Finished it last last night for the second time getting 100%. I actually think my second playthrough took me even longer trying to complete all the challenges. Most of these are very well hidden.

I took a look at the achievement list and saw there's one where you have to get someone to drop dynamite that kills two people. Are there any battles where that would be easy to achieve?

I got that one easily. When you go to climb up the ladder to Grim and you get ambushed. I think that's the easiest way possible to get it. That's where i got my Trophy anyway.

King.Louie 13-03-13 09:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supernova (Post 6701994)
Finished it last last night for the second time getting 100%. I actually think my second playthrough took me even longer trying to complete all the challenges. Most of these are very well hidden.

I took a look at the achievement list and saw there's one where you have to get someone to drop dynamite that kills two people. Are there any battles where that would be easy to achieve?

Almost anywhere in the Shantytown!

Gamd1011 13-03-13 10:05

Just finished my second play-through. I REALLY took my time for this one. God this game is just so amazing, it's even better the second time. Got an overall 96%, now I just have to go back and get all the little things I missed.

daventry 13-03-13 10:16

My WIP
 
Original Tomb Raider 2013 Model by The Fill, so im trying to turn her into the Classic Lara.

I just Cut her Pants Short and put on some TRU Lara Legs

[IMG]http://i47.************/wlt7qu.jpg[/IMG]

Supernova 13-03-13 10:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lara_Fan1 (Post 6702054)
I got that one easily. When you go to climb up the ladder to Grim and you get ambushed. I think that's the easiest way possible to get it. That's where i got my Trophy anyway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by King.Louie (Post 6702063)
Almost anywhere in the Shantytown!

Thanks, will try that on my next playthrough.

I'm still missing a few singleplayer achievements anyway. Like the chatterbox one. I never even noticed I could talk to everyone several times, silly me :p

tombstone 13-03-13 10:38

Dunno if it's been posted before but apparently the new tr saved this troubled teen's life. http://kotaku.com/5990234/the-new-to...teenagers-life

Lara_Fan1 13-03-13 10:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supernova (Post 6702097)
Thanks, will try that on my next playthrough.

I'm still missing a few singleplayer achievements anyway. Like the chatterbox one. I never even noticed I could talk to everyone several times, silly me :p

I never knew you could do that until I got to the beach. So on my second play through I got it. Although I never spoke to Whitman at the gate.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:32.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.