www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

Sabi96 11-04-13 16:23

They Look exactly like Legend's boots

well, similair

LNSNHGTDS 11-04-13 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phlip (Post 6747669)
lol, they're just brown wellingtons/gum boots. :p

I wondered if there was a TRF-relating Easter Egg. When Alex says on the Endurance "I'd follow you almost anywhere Lara..." it reminded me of the "I'd follow you, Lara, but..." thread.

I remember there was an achievement about killing FeeFee the crab, which was a name we gave to a crab for some reason, I don't remember who, when and why but it kind of "stayed" that way :p .

Gamd1011 11-04-13 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phlip (Post 6747669)
I wondered if there was a TRF-relating Easter Egg. When Alex says on the Endurance "I'd follow you almost anywhere Lara..." it reminded me of the "I'd follow you, Lara, but..." thread.

That was Jonah. :pi:

Hyper_Crazy 11-04-13 16:25

Are we really discussing boots? Almost as bad as the hair threads.

LNSNHGTDS 11-04-13 16:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyper_Crazy (Post 6747675)
Are we really discussing boots? Almost as bad as the hair threads.

I was in for the bikini and hair threads, but boots are boring because they do not cause controversy so I'll have to agree with you on how discussing boots is bad.

Phlip 11-04-13 16:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabi96 (Post 6747671)
They Look exactly like Legend's boots

well, similair

They're completely different. :p
Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 6747672)
I remember there was an achievement about killing FeeFee the crab, which was a name we gave to a crab for some reason, I don't remember who, when and why but it kind of "stayed" that way :p .

Someone named it FeeFee years ago on here.

LNSNHGTDS 11-04-13 16:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phlip (Post 6747679)
Someone named it FeeFee years ago on here.

I know, that's what I said :p .

Phlip 11-04-13 16:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 6747684)
I know, that's what I said :p .

Well why would it not stay that way if you know why it is that way? I'm lost. :p

LNSNHGTDS 11-04-13 16:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phlip (Post 6747687)
Well why would it not stay that way if you know why it is that way? I'm lost. :p

By saying it "stayed" I meant that we sticked to it and kept calling it that way, and yeah I think I can relate :p !

Phlip 11-04-13 16:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 6747690)
By saying it "stayed" I meant that we sticked to it and kept calling it that way, and yeah I think I can relate :p !

Oh right I thought you meant CD "stayed" with calling it that. XD

LNSNHGTDS 11-04-13 16:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phlip (Post 6747725)
Oh right I thought you meant CD "stayed" with calling it that. XD

Oh, I see. Can't blame you, I tend to confuse people and myself as a result :p .

Spong 11-04-13 17:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamd1011 (Post 6747628)
Only by name.

And her clothing, and her model (as LNSNHGTDS stated).

trfanX34 11-04-13 17:15

So, from 10 to 10, how awesome is this?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/2126d29dd...zsn0o1_500.jpg

motoleo 11-04-13 17:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by trfanX34 (Post 6747764)
So, from 10 to 10, how awesome is this?

[IM]http://24.media.tumblr.com/2126d29dd57b103044e81a591f010b3f/tumblr_mky0paedbM1qmzsn0o1_500.jpg[/IMG]

100. Now this is real talent. Already saved and am now reblogging on my Tumblr.

Spong 11-04-13 17:16

Why's she got a hole in the middle of her chest? Looks like she's taken a shotgun round at point blank range.

CBS_TombRaider 11-04-13 17:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spong (Post 6747769)
Why's she got a hole in the middle of her chest? Looks like she's taken a shotgun round at point blank range.

I know, I'm not so much a fan of it either. The second version is simpler but better (image below). I wish the scenery had stayed the same though.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/4a5ff2cb4...0o2_r1_500.jpg

LNSNHGTDS 11-04-13 17:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by trfanX34 (Post 6747764)
So, from 10 to 10, how awesome is this?

[IM]http://24.media.tumblr.com/2126d29dd57b103044e81a591f010b3f/tumblr_mky0paedbM1qmzsn0o1_500.jpg[/IMG]

:yik: This is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Gotta love Himiko in the backround, she was the best TR villain ever, and she didn't even do anything, bitch knows her thing :ohn: !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spong (Post 6747769)
Why's she got a hole in the middle of her chest? Looks like she's taken a shotgun round at point blank range.

:vlol:

Spong 11-04-13 17:37

If it's not a hole in her chest, what is it? Is it supposed to be a heart? It kinda looks like that. But what's a heart got to do with anything?

Completely bizarre image if you ask me, it looks more like Okami but with Lara getting in the way.

_Ninja_ 11-04-13 17:42

I suppose the heart is supposed to represent some kind of duality. Like the growing darkness inside her hence it's half black.

Spong 11-04-13 17:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Ninja_ (Post 6747808)
I suppose the heart is supposed to represent some kind of duality. Like the growing darkness inside her hence it's half black.

I see what you mean, but wouldn't that suggest Crystal has turned the whole "a survivor is born" theme on its head and are now saying "a killer is born"? If that is the case, it's ironic because it's much more apt and closer to the truth.

LNSNHGTDS 11-04-13 17:50

Wait, wait, Crystal made this?

Spong 11-04-13 18:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 6747821)
Wait, wait, Crystal made this?

LOL, apparently not. I've looked at the url (that trfanX34 posted) properly now. Initially, I only saw the TR Tumblr address and assumed it was official :p
Just as well it's not official I guess, I've no idea what the heart thing is supposed to be about :confused:

LNSNHGTDS 11-04-13 18:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spong (Post 6747848)
LOL, apparently not. I've looked at the url (that trfanX34 posted) properly now :p

Oh :p , it was really nice anyway but yeah, like you said it's like Okami but Lara is in the way :p ...

Blackmoor 11-04-13 18:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Ninja_ (Post 6747808)
I suppose the heart is supposed to represent some kind of duality. Like the growing darkness inside her hence it's half black.

Or at heart she's a Tomb Raider - the red and black being taken from the words Tomb Raider in the new logo... maybe. It's like looking at clouds.

klona 11-04-13 20:15

Did any of you kill Lara with Basecamp fire? :p

AimlessThunder 11-04-13 20:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by klona (Post 6748097)
Did any of you kill Lara with Basecamp fire? :p

Yes! :D

Spong 11-04-13 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by klona (Post 6748097)
Did any of you kill Lara with Basecamp fire? :p

I certainly damaged her a few times on camp fires by accident. I never killed her though, if you have then clearly you're evil and you need to be stopped :mis:

tomekkobialka 11-04-13 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by klona (Post 6748097)
Did any of you kill Lara with Basecamp fire? :p

Now that you mention it...

FAO all: Never shoot a lantern while Lara is standing under it! :ton:

Poor girl; she survived the scavenger den, crossed a massive abyss, killed hundreds of men, traversed across treacherous cliff faces, was almost hit by lightning...

...then gets killed by a lantern. .__.

italibabee 11-04-13 20:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomekkobialka (Post 6748113)
Now that you mention it...

FAO all: Never shoot a lantern while Lara is standing under it! :ton:

Poor girl; she survived the scavenger den, crossed a massive abyss, killed hundreds of men, traversed across treacherous cliff faces, was almost hit by lightning...

...then gets killed by a lantern. .__.

:vlol:
Well.
That sucks for her.

klona 11-04-13 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomekkobialka (Post 6748113)
Now that you mention it...

FAO all: Never shoot a lantern while Lara is standing under it! :ton:

Poor girl; she survived the scavenger den, crossed a massive abyss, killed hundreds of men, traversed across treacherous cliff faces, was almost hit by lightning...

...then gets killed by a lantern. .__.

I did that once! :vlol:

JackMarco 11-04-13 21:17

Thanks for the warning:) however I am too intelligent to do such a thing anyway :ohn:

spyrostr 11-04-13 21:48

when i did my first playthrough i got Lara killed by those thorny bushes at first i didnk know what was happening but when i realised it ..it was already too late lol :vlol:

Spong 11-04-13 21:49

^I did that too, in the Coastal Forest. I managed to make Lara jump inside the bushes and she got stuck :p

_Ninja_ 12-04-13 01:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spong (Post 6747813)
I see what you mean, but wouldn't that suggest Crystal has turned the whole "a survivor is born" theme on its head and are now saying "a killer is born"? If that is the case, it's ironic because it's much more apt and closer to the truth.

Both fit. She kills to survive and all that.

AimlessThunder 12-04-13 12:16

Why was Steph omitted from the main story?

LNSNHGTDS 12-04-13 12:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by AimlessThunder (Post 6748894)
Why was Steph omitted from the main story?

There was no point in her existing anyway so they just excluded her, I was wondering why Liam and Victor are still in the main story however...

LarasFan 12-04-13 17:12

So I'm playing TR for the 2nd time... and O....M....G!!!!! The trinity signs are everywhere!!! Seriously! Every minute I play I see a Trinity sign, and it's weird but, did anyone notice that the general has a trinity sign on his belt?! I saw that in MP... So are the Trinity suppose to be decendants of him and the stormguards? Share your thoughts please :)

Spong 12-04-13 17:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by AimlessThunder (Post 6748894)
Why was Steph omitted from the main story?

One stereotype too many I guess, she looked like the token airhead who'd want to try and lay on the beach to get a tan. The rest of the cast is more than enough stereotypes.

italibabee 12-04-13 17:20

Steph's in the comic though, isn't she?

Spong 12-04-13 17:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by italibabee (Post 6749169)
Steph's in the comic though, isn't she?

No idea.
The comic doesn't count anyway, it's not the game :ohn:


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:46.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.