www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

Patrick star 12-07-13 19:24

do you remember Karl speaking about a hub as big as the whole TRU (of course not literally ) ?
what hub he meant in your opinions ??

Hairhelmet12 12-07-13 19:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikky (Post 6849178)
Yeah, it's good. Nothing mind-blowing (as I knew already), but I'm enjoying it. Just happy to finally be playing the game, ha. :p Playing it in Hard mode (#pro) and I'm that bit after you find the second pilot, in that corpse-filled den. Woo. I told myself I wouldn't collect stuff and do the side tombs on my first play through, but I can't resist it. I really enjoy doing it. xD

Oh, and the MP on the PS3 is terrible. How was the game released with the MP like that? Lag and players falling through the map. And this is after the patch. :vlol:

Omg! You've gotta collect stuff! Especially the journals! O:

The MP on XBL isn't bad at all, I've never encountered those things. Well, I've had like one or maybe two people stuttering around the match, but I think that was more them, than the game, considering everyone else was fine. :p

The PS3 isn't exactly known for it's amazing online servers. :whi:

Mikky 12-07-13 19:33

^ I said on my FIRST playthrough. I was planning to do it after I finish the game. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick star (Post 6849183)
glad you're enjoying the game :)

Thank you. :D

You know, my brother is playing the game atm and he just discovered something interesting. He was shooting down deers with the bow after hunting the first one, and he noticed that when you aim and move the crosshair towards a deer, the crosshair automatically goes to the deer. Like, semi-automatic aiming. O_o When he first told me, I naturally thought he was mistaken, but then I tried it for myself and it happened. Now, is it just like this for this little part of the game, since it's early in the game etc. or maybe it's just like this at that bit in Easy mode? I was playing Hard mode on my turn earlier and I didn't notice this happening. Anyone aware of this or...? :p

Hairhelmet12 12-07-13 19:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikky (Post 6849189)
You know, my brother is playing the game atm and he just discovered something interesting. He was shooting down deers with the bow after hunting the first one, and he noticed that when you aim and move the crosshair towards a deer, the crosshair automatically goes to the deer. Like, semi-automatic aiming. O_o When he first told me, I naturally thought he was mistaken, but then I tried it for myself and it happened. Now, is it just like this for this little part of the game, since it's early in the game etc. or maybe it's just like this at that bit in Easy mode? I was playing Hard mode on my turn earlier and I didn't notice this happening. Anyone aware of this or...? :p

You say he was on easy mode? Because there is auto aiming when it's on easy.

Rai 12-07-13 19:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikky (Post 6849189)
^ I said on my FIRST playthrough. I was planning to do it after I finish the game. :p



Thank you. :D

You know, my brother is playing the game atm and he just discovered something interesting. He was shooting down deers with the bow after hunting the first one, and he noticed that when you aim and move the crosshair towards a deer, the crosshair automatically goes to the deer. Like, semi-automatic aiming. O_o When he first told me, I naturally thought he was mistaken, but then I tried it for myself and it happened. Now, is it just like this for this little part of the game, since it's early in the game etc. or maybe it's just like this at that bit in Easy mode? I was playing Hard mode on my turn earlier and I didn't notice this happening. Anyone aware of this or...? :p

Your Brother must be playing on Easy mode. There is still manual aim, but on Easy, if Lara scrambles the crosshair moves and automatically finds an enemy.

Mikky 12-07-13 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hairhelmet12 (Post 6849193)
You say he was on easy mode? Because there is auto aiming when it's on easy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 6849194)
Your Brother must be playing on Easy mode. There is still manual aim, but on Easy, if Lara scrambles the crosshair moves and automatically finds an enemy.

Ohhhhhh, right. I had no idea. O_o Nice to learn something new. :D

YOU CAN TALK TO WHITMAN WHILE HE'S STANDING AT THE GATE?! UGGGGGGHHHH!!! I just saw my brother do it. I didn't even think you could. Now I won't be able to get the Chatterbox achievement! Mduehfhiehri! Ugh! >___________<

If I do all of them from the point I am on now on my playthrough, and then on a new playthrough I talk to Whitman, will I get the trophy or will I have to do all of them again?

Rai 12-07-13 19:50

^I think you have to do all of them again. I went for that achievement on my last playthrough, but I must have missed something out.

Hairhelmet12 12-07-13 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikky (Post 6849197)
Ohhhhhh, right. I had no idea. O_o Nice to learn something new. :D

YOU CAN TALK TO WHITMAN WHILE HE'S STANDING AT THE GATE?! UGGGGGGHHHH!!! I just saw my brother do it. I didn't even think you could. Now I won't be able to get the Chatterbox achievement! Mduehfhiehri! Ugh! >___________<

If I do all of them from the point I am on now on my playthrough, and then on a new playthrough I talk to Whitman, will I get the trophy or will I have to do all of them again?

They don't carry over. You have to do them all in one playthrough. :(

Mikky 12-07-13 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 6849198)
^I think you have to do all of them again. I went for that achievement on my last playthrough, but I must have missed something out.

****. T_T

I guess I could just do it while I'm on one of my multiple playthroughs (no music playthrough, Death Run, Speed-Run, 100% playtrough etc.) :pi:

Tonyrobinson 12-07-13 19:55

I want more side missions and vehicle in the next game, maybe a swimming section. :)

b.gluch 12-07-13 20:48

yes! side missions! lots of them, that you can go back to once you've finished the game.

larafan25 12-07-13 21:04

I don't want a swimming section, I want swimming in general.

Maybe we can find and upgrade gear to allow further underwater exploration. That would be the real gear-gating, metroidy, super awesome fun thing to do. Instead of throwing us into a chunk of ocean for a bit of story.

Evan C. 12-07-13 21:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6849239)
I don't want a swimming section, I want swimming in general.

Maybe we can find and upgrade gear to allow further underwater exploration. That would be the real gear-gating, metroidy, super awesome fun thing to do. Instead of throwing us into a chunk of ocean for a bit of story.

While it's not that annoying swimming machine from the Core games, Im on it. Assassin's Creed: Blackflag should be Tomb Raider IMO :pi:

larafan25 12-07-13 21:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evan C. (Post 6849248)
While it's not that annoying swimming machine from the Core games, Im on it. Assassin's Creed: Blackflag should be Tomb Raider IMO :pi:

Indeed. Just looking at those islands, and the giant blue ocean, and the temple. I need that in TR, but a sort of...non-linear version of it.

SurvivorReborn 12-07-13 22:44

I need some really breathtaking locations that I'm eager to explore.

Hairhelmet12 13-07-13 01:17

I need a rebooted Natla. :mis:

Rai 13-07-13 01:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hairhelmet12 (Post 6849400)
I need a rebooted Natla. :mis:


We had one. It didn't work out so well for her :pi:. But, nooo, let's leave her in Helheim in the Eitre where she belongs and no new new reincarnations of the character. :p

Hairhelmet12 13-07-13 02:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 6849402)
We had one. It didn't work out so well for her :pi:. But, nooo, let's leave her in Helheim in the Eitre where she belongs and no new new reincarnations of the character. :p

But Natla's gotta be in the TR Univrse! Always! She's Lara arch nemesis! :D I think there is still so much to Natla that we don't know, the whole 7th age thing, the wheels of kathar, tihocan, there's so much that was brought up in the LAU trilogy that was so interesting, I'd love for them to throw it all into the mix again and properly explain it. They're such interesting and great ideas I'd hate for them to go to waste. She's just such a strong character, more so than enough to warrant another go, if done right. Can you imagine a next gen style TR1 Atlantis but with some horror elements? :cln:

Plus Lara seems to be focused on lost civilizations if we're right about the whole Croatian thing. So I mean she'd have to work her way to Atlantis eventually. Especially with that line in the beginning of the reboot, we know it exists in this universe and Lara thinks it's just a myth, but now, by the end of the game her logic of myth and reality is shattered. They've just got to go full circle with it all. :jmp:

"Everything you've done has lead you to this place, you're here, because you belong here Lara!"

Carbonek_0051 13-07-13 03:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hairhelmet12 (Post 6849410)
But Natla's gotta be in the TR Univrse! Always! She's Lara arch nemesis! :D I think there is still so much to Natla that we don't know, the whole 7th age thing, the wheels of kathar, tihocan, there's so much that was brought up in the LAU trilogy that was so interesting, I'd love for them to throw it all into the mix again and properly explain it. They're such interesting and great ideas I'd hate for them to go to waste. She's just such a strong character, more so than enough to warrant another go, if done right. Can you imagine a next gen style TR1 Atlantis but with some horror elements? :cln:

Plus Lara seems to be focused on lost civilizations if we're right about the whole Croatian thing. So I mean she'd have to work her way to Atlantis eventually. Especially with that line in the beginning of the reboot, we know it exists in this universe and Lara thinks it's just a myth, but now, by the end of the game her logic of myth and reality is shattered. They've just got to go full circle with it all. :jmp:

"Everything you've done has lead you to this place, you're here, because you belong here Lara!"

This, so much this. I could totally imagine Natla being rebooted to be more extremist & twisted. I'd love to see both her & Atlantis return in some way. She was the most interesting character in the original universe, she's too good of a character to just ignore. And Atlantis is a good enough myth to be reimagined.

I would love it if by the third game, Lara starts getting interested in Atlantis. Like it all just comes full circle.

I don't understand why people are so against rebooting old characters. The whole point of a reboot isn't to eradicate everything but to sort of reimagine the universe. Hell DmC & Batman both rebooted old villains and it turned out brilliant. Sure I want some freshness, but I'd like to see more than Lara rebooted. It's kind of silly to shut out the idea of bringing old characters back.

Hairhelmet12 13-07-13 03:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbonek_0051 (Post 6849418)
This, so much this. I could totally imagine Natla being rebooted to be more extremist & twisted. I'd love to see both her & Atlantis return in some way. She was the most interesting character in the original universe, she's too good of a character to just ignore. And Atlantis is a good enough myth to be reimagined.

I would love it if by the third game, Lara starts getting interested in Atlantis. Like it all just comes full circle.

I don't understand why people are so against rebooting old characters. The whole point of a reboot isn't to eradicate everything but to sort of reimagine the universe. Hell DmC & Batman both rebooted old villains and it turned out brilliant. Sure I want some freshness, but I'd like to see more than Lara rebooted. It's kind of silly to shut out the idea of bringing old characters back.

YESSS! It doesn't have to be like another remake, but like you said, reimagined. :D

Omg and Amanda. I need Amanda back in some way. She could be a friend of Lara's father that he screwed over in a way? (maybe an ex? :cln: )They could have had a falling out over credit for an artifact or something? I don't know. :p Now she's holding a grudge and taking it out on Lara and causing all kinds of trouble! Hmm, but then she'd have to be older and not so much Lara's age.. and then she might be a little too similar to Natla perhaps? Brainstorming is hard. :(

Carbonek_0051 13-07-13 03:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hairhelmet12 (Post 6849422)
YESSS! It doesn't have to be like another remake, but like you said, reimagined. :D

Omg and Amanda. I need Amanda back in some way. She could be a friend of Lara's father that he screwed over in a way? (maybe an ex? :cln: )They could have had a falling out over credit for an artifact or something? I don't know. :p Now she's holding a grudge and taking it out on Lara and causing all kinds of trouble! Hmm, but then she'd have to be older and not so much Lara's age.. and then she might be a little too similar to Natla perhaps? Brainstorming is hard. :(

Amanda is another I'd like to see be rebooted. Maybe not even someone Lara really knew too much. Amanda was always into the occult. What about instead they reimagined her to be part of Trinity?! :eek: They seem extremely interested in the occult for some reason.

Hairhelmet12 13-07-13 03:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbonek_0051 (Post 6849425)
Amanda is another I'd like to see be rebooted. Maybe not even someone Lara really knew too much. Amanda was always into the occult. What about instead they reimagined her to be part of Trinity?! :eek: They seem extremely interested in the occult for some reason.

DAMN IT NATE YOU'RE SO GOOD AT THIS KIND OF STUFF. CD HIRE HIM NOW. :mad:
l

Carbonek_0051 13-07-13 03:31

I know right? I scare myself sometimes. CD MPAKE THIS **** HAPPEN. I SWEAR TO GOD. (And bring Chase Carver into the game)

Rosaly 13-07-13 19:35

Hey guys, can you tell me how can I unlock the "sure-shot" outfit, or I should download/buy it?

_Ninja_ 13-07-13 19:37

You have to buy it.

larafan25 13-07-13 19:39

Purchase it from xboxlive/ PSN/ Steam, install and then run the game, the outfit should be available at the base camp under the gear menu.

Rosaly 13-07-13 19:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Ninja_ (Post 6849920)
You have to buy it.

Ok, thanks. :)

AimlessThunder 14-07-13 00:55




spyrostr 14-07-13 14:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by AimlessThunder (Post 6850170)


wow it's awesome...

https://soundcloud.com/jasongraves/a...edium=facebook

but this one it gives me a classic vibe at some parts :')

dream raider 14-07-13 14:45

Wow... I got headgasms! :eek: Thank you so much for sharing your beautifully stunning work, AimlessThunder! :tmb:

larafan25 14-07-13 19:40

What the Hell, this is how the final boss should have been! :mad:



:vlol: Sam dancing in the air, and her death.

klona 14-07-13 19:42

^ omg. the uploader.

"rarakurofuto"

I can't...hnnnnng sdfkjlgs;lkj
*dies laughing*
OMG SAM LOL

tomee 14-07-13 20:05

That's Mizuno sensei.
Rara Kurofuto is how the Japanese folks spell Lara Croft. :vlol::o

Carbonek_0051 15-07-13 05:00

I've convinced multiple friends to buy TR. You're welcome CD.

mizuno_suisei 15-07-13 05:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomee (Post 6850814)
That's Mizuno sensei.
Rara Kurofuto is how the Japanese folks spell Lara Croft. :vlol::o

I must have a 6th sense. something DREW me to this thread, i never really look into it! :vlol:

skylark1121 15-07-13 05:13

Quote:


Oooh, I really love this! <3

It makes me want to share my version of the piano theme, but it definitely has a different kind of magic on guitar--everyone's heard it on piano. :p

Very nice. :tmb: :D

Mikky 15-07-13 16:29

I finished the game today (story). Go me! Now I just need to go around exploring and get 100%. Really looking forward to it. What fun! :D

Oh, and and apparently, talking to Whitman at the gate is not needed for the Chatterbox achievement. I missed him out and I got the achievement anyway, so yay! All is well. :p

GUMI 15-07-13 16:42

@Larafan25
3:25
I knew Sam was a witch!
Kill her with fire before she lays demonic himiko eggs!

spyrostr 16-07-13 00:31

http://hire.jobvite.com/Jobvite/job....fwf&b=nNpxNkwl

although i cant see it on the above site....it seems that in the fb page is written that :
Quote:

Senior Producer - Crystal Dynamics is looking for talented, skilled and passionate individuals to join our AAA studio to work on our multi award winning game Tomb Raider as well as a new IP! We are constantly looking to build upon one of the industry....

larafan25 16-07-13 00:33

Aaaaah. <3

But who was the Senior Producer on TR? I hope they aint replacing anyone good or important.


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:40.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.