www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   How are you feeling (and why)? (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=194052)

jackali 09-09-12 09:40

How are you feeling (and why)?

It's become abundantly clear that this forum is getting overloaded with different threads about feelings. Sadness, happiness, why we frown or smile... The list seems to keep growing.
As such, it makes sense to consolidate all these threads into one.

Please use this thread to post your mood or say what makes you smile/sad/happy etc.

It would be nice if we could get an explanation for why you feel that way. We discourage members from posting things like: 'Meh :/' without expanding on it.

Think of this thread as your mood, what grinds your gears, what makes you happy etc. all rolled into one. Tell us about what's bothering you lately, or something you want to share that's made you happy.

Maximum of four posts per day, please.

Old threads can be found here:
Your Mood
What really grinds YOUR gears?
What REALLY Makes You Happy?
Little Things That Made You Smile Today
Little Things That Made You SAD Today

Just to clarify:
Quote:

Originally Posted by jackali (Post 6425637)
I don't expect that this post will change anyone's opinion, nor do I expect it to, but I'd like for members to understand why the moderation team decided on the action that was taken today.

The plethora of threads on how members feel lately necessitated something. It just wasn't entirely clear at first what that something was. My initial thought was to have the majority of threads closed, and for them to continue in Your Mood. I understand that the closing of the gear grinding thread seems to have ground some gears. However, if you think about it, that thread could have easily been folded into Your Mood a long time ago. While it would not be unfair to say that the members of this forum have been, shall we say, blessed with an over-abundance of feeling, we don't need a thread to say we're annoyed and another to say why. The second problem was that Your Mood doesn't quite cover it all. If my gears are being ground, then I'm annoyed. That's all very well and good. If I'm tired... where does that go? That's not a mood. I feel tired, but it's still not a mood. Unless I'm particularly annoyed by being tired, it doesn't fit. The solution was a new thread, which was the decision of the moderating team.

As I said before, I don't expect for anyone to change their stance in regards to their feelings on the thread closure, but I would like people to understand the reasons behind it.

Rai 09-09-12 09:42

Right now I'm feeling pretty good. It's really nice that this thread got opened :tmb: (Also it's my day off)

JsotoTRSaga 09-09-12 09:44

I'm feeling sleepy because i haven't got any sleep yet caused by being hooked to the internet for more than 4 hours :p

bekim 09-09-12 09:53

BOOM!!! :ohn:

MyRaider4Life 09-09-12 09:53

Feeling crap now because I preferred separate thread, but w/e.

b0bb13 09-09-12 09:54

I'm feeling angry. Why? Because this is a terrible idea. I need them moods neatly organized, not all mushed together in one big mess.

SkyPuppy 09-09-12 09:55

well, there goes a lot of members posts. xD i'm feeling okay. my stomach is hurting, but that's probably because i'm hungry, but it's way too late, or early to even think about eating something. :[

strawberry22 09-09-12 09:59

I agree with the posts above. It was nicer having separate threads, but yeah ok :\

SkyPuppy 09-09-12 10:02

when it's that time of the month, i sometimes get very moody, so my moods change often, so... for anyone else that's like that, what are they suppose to do? just not post? :/

bekim 09-09-12 10:03

NRO. 09-09-12 10:04

An - freaking - noyed.

Every.single.time I find a guy I like, a wild my mom appears and scares him off. The only reason that I'm single is my mom. Wish she would just think before talking. :hea:

the ancient 09-09-12 10:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyPuppy (Post 6425393)
when it's that time of the month, i sometimes get very moody, so my moods change often, so... for anyone else that's like that, what are they suppose to do? just not post? :/

The over ruling mood, I dunno ;-;

And you don't have to post, I bet many members don't even read other's people mood anyway :p

--

I'm kinda disappointed in a lot of people recently. I don't know why but people keep letting me down or act like total asses to me.

This mood calls for some Lana Del Rey music. Which cheers me up in some strange way.

strawberry22 09-09-12 10:06

Quote:

Every.single.time I find a guy I like, a wild my mom appears and scares him off. The only reason that I'm single is my mom. Wish she would just think before talking
Your signature just tops that whole post off :vlol:

JsotoTRSaga 09-09-12 10:10

I'm feeling like those threads shouldn't have been closed and this one shouldn't have been opened. Oh well ever predictable :rolleyes:

cezy rockeru 09-09-12 10:14

irritated. and it's kind of obvious why. this thread is like mixing Open Chat with Member Pictures. it doesn't work. you'd think a mod would be smart enough to know there are pretty big differences between how you feel (Your Mood) and things that make you feel that way (What makes you sad/happy). apparently not. why try to fix something that doesn't need fixing? you can ban me if you want for saying this idea is just stupid, but it's not going to change the truth. the old threads were obviously very successful, running for 3/4 years. so why close them and make a big mess by combining everything? nobody will know about what members post here, and it's gonna be a big pile of confusion. what for, closing 5 good threads just for the sake of it?

i hope that explanation is good enough for you.

Lenochka 09-09-12 10:20

I'd rather they just left the mood thread :/ It's been around for so long...

Other than that I am fine xD

SkyPuppy 09-09-12 10:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lenochka (Post 6425409)
I'd rather they just left the mood thread :/ It's been around for so long...

Other than that I am fine xD

but WHY are you fine, Mikesey?

Reggie 09-09-12 10:26

This thread makes me happy ;)
Time for GC to have a bit of topic-diversity.

On topic: Feeling very hemmed in today. Need a good excuse to go out.

WWETombRaider 09-09-12 10:26

I'm feeling tired. Damn insomnia.

OF: On the bright side at least there isn't like 6 different threads.

BrandonFlowers 09-09-12 10:33

I'm quite chirpy, Matt Cardle has a new album next month :jmp:

But this idea of combining the mood threads is....stupid.

Afonya 09-09-12 10:38

There has been a lot in my mind lately, but right now I feel sad because my grandma is in the hospital and the doctors think she might have a lung cancer. :/ Granny has always lived a healthy life (she has only smoked cigarettes over 35 years ago and not for so long anyway) and she has other serious illnesses and had a skin cancer too...I feel so sorry for her. She's so caring person and she has to deal with things like this... I know that it doesn't matter how healthy lifestyle one might have, suffering is part of life....unfortunately.

scion05 09-09-12 10:40

This thread idea is miles better :tmb:

I'm feeling a bit flat... tired and can't really get any "get up and go" today... which is rubbish as I'm supposed to be going for a really long walk this afternoon. Urgh.

Rai 09-09-12 10:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrandonFlowers (Post 6425424)

Quote:

Originally Posted by b0bb13 (Post 6425385)
I'm feeling angry. Why? Because this is a terrible idea. I need them moods neatly organized, not all mushed together in one big mess.

Well, the 'Your Mood' thread was successful way before all the others came along and it covered everything. But it was pretty old, this thread is a fresh start :). Also, it keeps things more organised to have the moods in one place rather than scattered all over. And there's usually a reason why you have that mood/feeling and some people asked members' why they felt a certain way anyway, so it makes perfect sense to keep it all together.

I'm glad I got that off my chest. I feel better now :p.

JsotoTRSaga 09-09-12 10:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reggie (Post 6425421)
This thread makes me happy ;)

http://cdn.hotstockmarket.com/7/72/7...IfSerious.jpeg

MiCkiZ88 09-09-12 10:45

A wild range of mixed emotions right now. I'm in love with someone but it feels like I'm repeating the past. Waiting kills me but atleast I have a job and will be able to save few grands before I move back to Netherlands.

strawberry22 09-09-12 10:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrandonFlowers (Post 6425424)

We finally agree on something! :jmp: :hug:

Orionvalentine 09-09-12 11:48

I feel surprisingly chirpy today, don't ask me why, because that'd be silly :ton:

Laras Boyfr. 09-09-12 12:04

Emotions are so complex not even the existing threads could cover them all.
Putting them all in one single thread is just... cold

Carbonek_0051 09-09-12 12:05

Depressed. I have been fighting emotions and trying to move towards being happy but I just can't. I feel like everything is getting worse.

I started talking to my best friend again after some awful events happened between us and we have been talking a lot lately about our feelings towards each other and I don't understand why after everything he has put me through I still love him. I feel like he is the only thing that keeps me going now.

I've lost too many friends in the past few months, but no matter what **** we go through he can't let me go. He told me on the phone tonight, "I know that no matter how ****ty I feel, or if I feel alone, just talking to you makes me feel better and if it wasn't for you I probably would have done something stupid a long time ago". Hearing that made me so happy but sad at the same time, I don't want to feel like I am going to go back to a horrible situation but I can't let him go either.

Anyway, no1curr bout my issues. This thread is pretty lame though, the mood thread should have at least been kept open.

Sgt BOMBULOUS 09-09-12 12:15

Wow, you closed the "Your mood" thread?!? You should have let it get to 50k posts first. :p I honestly think that should have stayed open, if nothing other than it's lasting legacy, the fact that it's title got right to the point.

Anyway... I'm feeling tired and a little stressed. Might be contending with a newborn baby, and a move, and a new job, all within a very short timeline.

sandygrimm 09-09-12 12:20

how can you take away your mood? :( that was the best part of the day! :( now you make me sad

peeves 09-09-12 12:26

I'm annoyed because my dad was bothering me by being in the same room with me.

TombOfRaiders 09-09-12 12:36

I am feeling extremely pissed off.

Why? My mum's ex has turned up and is persistently knocking on the door when I've told him that they've gone out, god, he's so stupid and can't take a ****ing hint. xD

Orionvalentine 09-09-12 12:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by TombOfRaiders (Post 6425641)
I am feeling extremely pissed off.

Why? My mum's ex has turned up and is persistently knocking on the door when I've told him that they've gone out, god, he's so stupid and can't take a ****ing hint. xD

Bet he could take a bucket of cold water though :ton:

Ora Dagger 09-09-12 14:39

I'm feeling very happy this morning. Maybe it's because the weather is actually starting to cool down. Love being able to open my window and let the breeze in.

klona 09-09-12 14:49

I'm feeling sad because I don't know what to eat.
I'm so hungry. :(

Quebsenuef 09-09-12 14:59

I'm feeling very annoyed bc my parents don't trust a word out of my mouth and would rather jump to conclusions about me or anything I do. >=\

NRO. 09-09-12 15:47

Suffering from a severe cause of can't be arsedism.

I hate this essay. HATE. IT.

Now a filler to make this post lest awkward.

almayah 09-09-12 15:50

Oh, bitches bitching. Get over it.

It's my day off, and it seems my neighbours are having a 'Who can drill louder?' contest :pi:

Hairhelmet12 09-09-12 15:54

Ugh, thank god all those threads are gone. There were way to many. :p

I'm feeling a little grumpy, I went to bed late and didn't get a lot of sleep. T__T