www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

FanosCroft 29-03-20 21:54

rise Lara still looks better

.snake. 30-03-20 05:52

I think this may be the most boring Tomb Raider I've ever played.

Just rescued Unuratu from her prison.

The story is quite hard to follow and has so many plot holes it makes AOD look like the most bullet-proof account ever.

Also who directed these cutscenes? It's like the characters and voice actors are trapped in slow motion and are as bored with the story as I am.

What a disappointment. It's like we finally got puzzles as amazing and on par with the Core days... and then everything else: pacing, structure, story, combat, enemies, voice acting, characters completely degenerated.

Oh well, on I go.

FanosCroft 30-03-20 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by .snake. (Post 8181530)

The story is quite hard to follow and has so many plot holes it makes AOD look like the most bullet-proof account ever.

Also who directed these cutscenes? It's like the characters and voice actors are trapped in slow motion and are as bored with the story as I am.

What a disappointment. It's like we finally got puzzles as amazing and on par with the Core days... and then everything else: pacing, structure, story, combat, enemies, voice acting, characters completely degenerated.

Oh well, on I go.

agree

LateRaider 30-03-20 11:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by FanosCroft (Post 8181488)
rise Lara still looks better

texture wise she literally factually does from a technical standpoint, her textures are rendered in a higher resolution. congrats

how people feel about the hair and lightmaps are up to the taste of the player. i think rottr has interesting and very beautiful highlighting/light scatter but i like sottr's more realistic take as well. and sottr's hair is much much better looking but rottr's hair has more physics even if it's unrealistically flowy

obviously you like rottr lara's hair and lightmaps better and thats fine, most people feel the same at least regarding the lightmaps

slay

Linoshi Croft 30-03-20 11:26

The hair in Rise really ruins Lara's look. At time it looks like there is a jelly fish sitting on top of her head. :vlol:

SoraSakai 30-03-20 13:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by .snake. (Post 8181530)

The story is quite hard to follow and has so many plot holes it makes AOD look like the most bullet-proof account.

Such as?

Also, donít mistake a plot contrivances with a plot hole.

_Tomb_Raider 30-03-20 15:59

Are you sure you wanna open Pandora's box called Trinity? :D

Call it a plot hole or contrivances, it does not change the fact that the plot of Shadow is simply garbage. Completely inconsistent and out-of-touch with the 2013/Rise narrative and story arc and such a let down for what could've been an epic finale to the survivor trilogy.

Mani_Man 30-03-20 16:10

The plot being bad and it being inconsistent/full of riddles/hard to follow are different things.

Trinity isnt a plot hole or so because the group to being with, was never really explored.
You have trinity breaking apart, you have laras family story finished, her breaking away from what held her back in the 3 games.
Shadow wraps the package up and all works as it should.

The package is ugly as hell, but it is a package.
They wasted a huge chunk of cool ideas and storylines etc in all 3 games, but in the end it all wraps itself up so you can put a stamp onto it.

SoraSakai 30-03-20 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Tomb_Raider (Post 8181585)
Are you sure you wanna open Pandora's box called Trinity? :D

Call it a plot hole or contrivances, it does not change the fact that the plot of Shadow is simply garbage. Completely inconsistent and out-of-touch with the 2013/Rise narrative and story arc and such a let down for what could've been an epic finale to the survivor trilogy.

I absolutely agree it’s disappointing.

But like Mani just said, disappointing ≠ plot hole.

jajay119 30-03-20 22:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateRaider (Post 8181540)
texture wise she literally factually does from a technical standpoint, her textures are rendered in a higher resolution. congrats

how people feel about the hair and lightmaps are up to the taste of the player. i think rottr has interesting and very beautiful highlighting/light scatter but i like sottr's more realistic take as well. and sottr's hair is much much better looking but rottr's hair has more physics even if it's unrealistically flowy

obviously you like rottr lara's hair and lightmaps better and thats fine, most people feel the same at least regarding the lightmaps

slay

Technically Lara's model may be better in rise but whether it looks better is a matter of opinion. I absolutely loathe the Rise model as I think it's so ugly. There is some very weird uncanney valley stuff going on where she looks semi real and semi not due to the mixutre of NOVA and trying to make her look more like Lara and less like Camilla and it leaves her looking bizare and haggard at times. Whilst Shadow Lara may have lost finer detail in her face and got more coloring in her, leaving her looking a bit less realistic, I think the model looks wholly better for it.