www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

johnanonymouz 18-03-18 10:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linoshi Croft (Post 7837743)
Random, but can we have some female mercenaries to fight? I'm still baffled as to why games still don't include this. Why is it fine to mow down an army of blokes but it's a no go to mow dowm female enemies? :ponder:

cause we live in an era where feminism is a very sensitive topic! some people will think that it's amazing that women can be mercenaries and others will think it's sexist to kill women.

2001LC20 18-03-18 10:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linoshi Croft (Post 7837743)
Random, but can we have some female mercenaries to fight? I'm still baffled as to why games still don't include this. Why is it fine to mow down an army of blokes but it's a no go to mow dowm female enemies? :ponder:

I am not sure i want to headshot females but idk :D

Linoshi Croft 18-03-18 10:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2001LC20 (Post 7837745)
I am not sure i want to headshot females but idk :D

...but that's the big question isn't it, why are you fine mowing down blokes but as soon as it's a woman it's somewhat inappropriate?

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnanonymouz (Post 7837744)
cause we live in an era where feminism is a very sensitive topic! some people will think that it's amazing that women can be mercenaries and others will think it's sexist to kill women.

The fact it's fine to mow down blokes is extremely sexist but as we know sexism seems to only work one way.

jajay119 18-03-18 10:52

There are plenty of other games with female enemies; TR has no excuse to be any different. Especially as it would be a woman taking them down, not a man, so any ‘sexism’ (even though it’s more sexist not to have women in the traditional sense) claims would be invalid.

Mickybyrne20 18-03-18 10:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by jajay119 (Post 7837750)
There are plenty of other games with female enemies; TR has no excuse to be any different. Especially as it would be a woman taking them down, not a man, so any ‘sexism’ (even though it’s more sexist not to have women in the traditional sense) claims would be invalid.

I know right?! Horizon ZD had them, and I barely even noticed.

2001LC20 18-03-18 10:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linoshi Croft (Post 7837747)
...but that's the big question isn't it, why are you fine mowing down blokes but as soon as it's a woman it's somewhat inappropriate?

No i am just kidding but if there will be females in the game they must have appropriate body and look because they must look strong even looking stronger than Lara.maybe Some muscle appropriate clothes for the jungle they must look like they have been there for years you know
I'll be ok with that:)

And maybe bigger than Lara

Mani_Man 18-03-18 10:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by jajay119 (Post 7837750)
There are plenty of other games with female enemies; TR has no excuse to be any different. Especially as it would be a woman taking them down, not a man, so any Ďsexismí (even though itís more sexist not to have women in the traditional sense) claims would be invalid.

Are there many games?
I dont remember many.

It seems a far stretch in games to have female thugs and gangs despite the fact that in games you can fight zombies, supernatural things and so on.

Would be nice to have some Female Scavengers or so in the next TR game.

jajay119 18-03-18 11:05

Horizon: Zero Dawn, Fallout, Just Cause 3, Mirror’s Edge Catalyst are some more recent titles that had women enemies that spring to mind: I’m sure there are more but these are the ones I think immediately.

If you go further back you have the likes of Saints Row, Resident Evil entries etc that show women as enemies - admittedly they’re not in the majority but I think they should be.

Mikky 18-03-18 11:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs (Post 7837668)
Iím ready to try this puzzle thing on the tomb raider website tomorrow :jmp:

Same. I'm wondering if we'll get some kind of new clues about the game from it. I'm also hoping we can win some nice wallpapers from completing it.

johnanonymouz 18-03-18 11:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikky (Post 7837779)
Same. I'm wondering if we'll get some kind of new clues about the game from it. I'm also hoping we can win some nice wallpapers from completing it.

I think wallpapers are too big of a thing to get out of it since the teaser didn't even really show us Lara. That being said, I hope we get something!


All times are GMT. The time now is 15:24.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.