www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

Rai 25-05-14 00:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trenton (Post 7068079)
Is that so? That may explain why the ingame Lara and cutscene Lara feels line different characters at times. How about that Susan O'Connor? What did she write?

I don't know. During promotion of the game we were only ever introduced to Rhianna and John. I think it was the final hours where we found out who wrote what and her name didn't get a mention. John was also responsible for the journals (not Lara's). Maybe Susan wrote the skeleton of the story before Rhianna got hired?

Trenton 25-05-14 00:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 7068086)
I don't know. During promotion of the game we were only ever introduced to Rhianna and John. I think it was the final hours where we found out who wrote what and her name didn't get a mention. John was also responsible for the journals (not Lara's). Maybe Susan wrote the skeleton of the story before Rhianna got hired?

Yeah, there was a synopsis plus loose character bios already existing before Rhianna got aboard so maybe the O'Connor lady wrote those.
So did Rhianna write Lara's diaries then?

On a general note I think games in general would benefit from having the lead writer more involved through the whole process.

Rai 25-05-14 00:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trenton (Post 7068089)
Yeah, there was a synopsis plus loose character bios already existing before Rhianna got aboard so maybe the O'Connor lady wrote those.
So did Rhianna write Lara's diaries then?

On a general note I think games in general would benefit from having the lead writer more involved through the whole process.

Yes, apparently Rhianna wrote those. Yeah, I agree. Rhianna herself has said she often feel like she's tidying up a lot of the time, coming in last minute.

Trenton 25-05-14 00:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valentino (Post 7068070)
What lines in the game would any of you take out?

I would take out all of Reyes' lines as they make me cringe to the point where it hurts...physically :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 7068094)
Yes, apparently Rhianna wrote those. Yeah, I agree. Rhianna herself has said she often feel like she's tidying up a lot of the time, coming in last minute.

Yeah, I really hope that if they brought her back for the next game (no one knows?) that they let her have more control of the process from the start.

Evan C. 25-05-14 00:26

She's in touch with Gail Simone and Simone is on a constant feedback with Crystal so technically, she is still working for Tomb Raider since the comics are cannon. However, fresh air would be superb, even tough Rhianna made an awesome work, I am eager to see a more mature focus, at least in terms of how things develop.

Patrick star 25-05-14 05:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikky (Post 7068078)

And is it really that surprising that Rhianna wrote those lines? It's not like the other lines in the game are spectacular. :p

they weren't spectacular , but of course not as bad as those lines of the "Croft" thingy :hea:
but hey , the "run you bastards ! I'm coming for you all " will still be one of my favorite lines by Lara from the whole franchise :cln:

ThuroPendragon 25-05-14 06:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trenton (Post 7068017)
You should really try them out! If I were you I'd start with TR2 or TR1 as they are by far the best imo (TR2 is easier to get to run properly if you're on PC though) :)

My local game store has TRIII for ps1. Maybe I'll pick that up soon. Is three a good place to start?

Trenton 25-05-14 08:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThuroPendragon (Post 7068197)
My local game store has TRIII for ps1. Maybe I'll pick that up soon. Is three a good place to start?

It's an excellent game, my third favourite of the series actually, but I have to warn you it is also brutally hard (right from the very start). It's probably the hardest of all TR games. But an awesome game nonetheless :)

Lukass 25-05-14 08:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThuroPendragon (Post 7068197)
My local game store has TRIII for ps1. Maybe I'll pick that up soon. Is three a good place to start?

The best TR of all time. It's a very good start. TR3 is a pure Tomb Raider and its best form and shows exactly what a tomb raider games is.

Valentino 28-05-14 23:15

Tomb Raider franchise featured in IGN's article, 'franchises that revived from the dead'. Some of you are probably going to go into the article thinking they're talking about the reboot that revived the franchise, but they've obviously stated the resurrection came when Crystal took over with Legend delivering some exceptional games. I've always said its this fan base or core fans that put this stamp on Crystal games which make the games seem like they aren't any good in any way shape or form. So people who liked the games start to think "hm, maybe it is a bad game and I'm not seeing it"

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/05/2...-from-the-dead

Zebra 29-05-14 00:04

The games aren't inherently bad (well, except for Underworld). It's the fact that they're supposed to be Tomb Raider games that makes them bad.

Mikky 29-05-14 21:14

This may seem like a random question, but it's something I noticed earlier today when I was playing TR. Who is recording that first expedition footage? Not the first part with Lara and Sam in their room, but when they're all in the kitchen arguing. You have Lara and Whitman standing up, you have Sam, Alex and Reyes sitting down and finally, you have Conrad, Grim and Jonah in the kitchen nearby. That's everyone, right? So... Who's holding the camera?

The only possibilty I can think of is that Steph is recording. Or it could be some other random crew member. Anyway, I was just thinking about it and thought I'd put it out there. :p

motoleo 29-05-14 21:16

Steph

The1andOnlyTR 29-05-14 21:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valentino (Post 7071115)
Tomb Raider franchise featured in IGN's article, 'franchises that revived from the dead'. Some of you are probably going to go into the article thinking they're talking about the reboot that revived the franchise, but they've obviously stated the resurrection came when Crystal took over with Legend delivering some exceptional games. I've always said its this fan base or core fans that put this stamp on Crystal games which make the games seem like they aren't any good in any way shape or form. So people who liked the games start to think "hm, maybe it is a bad game and I'm not seeing it"

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/05/2...-from-the-dead

I'll be a Core fan until the day I die. The classic games made me love games in general. That being said, I'm always going to appreciate what CD has done for Tomb Raider, and continue to be a massive fan of their games, too. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikky (Post 7071926)
This may seem like a random question, but it's something I noticed earlier today when I was playing TR. Who is recording that first expedition footage? Not the first part with Lara and Sam in their room, but when they're all in the kitchen arguing. You have Lara and Whitman standing up, you have Sam, Alex and Reyes sitting down and finally, you have Conrad, Grim and Jonah in the kitchen nearby. That's everyone, right? So... Who's holding the camera?

The only possibilty I can think of is that Steph is recording. Or it could be some other random crew member. Anyway, I was just thinking about it and thought I'd put it out there. :p

If it's not Steph like Motoleo suggested, it could be someone else from the film crew. Someone who didn't make it. Or it could be Liam.

I've always thought it was a mistake because when Whitman says "it's not just Sams family funding" he points to the camera like Sam is recording. But it could just go right back to my first theory that it's a film crew member.

Mikky 29-05-14 21:31

Before today, I thought it was Alex holding the camera first, then he passes it to Sam before he sits down. That's just what I assumed. But today I noticed just before it finishes, you can clearly see Sam still holding the book on the table, and I was just like, "Who the hell is recording then?!"

It probably is Steph, but I had always thought that Steph was cut off altogether from the story, and so the crew as well.

larafan25 29-05-14 21:34

I think this was touched upon in the podcasts that yall lil nasties aint watched.

Trenton 29-05-14 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 7071959)
I think this was touched upon in the podcasts that yall lil nasties aint watched.

Do tell...please :D

Mikky 29-05-14 21:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 7071959)
I think this was touched upon in the podcasts that yall lil nasties aint watched.

I have, actually. I heard all of them apart from the the last 4 or so. Basically, until shortly after the game came out. And it's "listened", not "watched". :p

But I'm curious, how did they "touch upon" it exactly? Did they actually bring up what I was just talking about? If they did, I don't remember.

larafan25 29-05-14 21:44

I watched them. They were uploaded as youtube videos in some instances. and I sat there, and I watched that damn logo.

I think someone asked who the fudge-cracker was holding the camera, and then they all were like "omg we have to confess this chick was cut" or maybe I'm imagining it. I'm sure, in some way that they touched upon her being the one holding the camera.

Trenton 29-05-14 21:48

^'her' as in Steph? :confused:

larafan25 29-05-14 21:48

yep.

Trenton 29-05-14 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 7071988)
yep.

Oh. Did they say why they cut her?

larafan25 29-05-14 21:54

yeah but i cant remember why

Trenton 29-05-14 21:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 7072000)
yeah but i cant remember why

Oh. Maybe it's about time I listen to those podcasts then. I hope they are still available.

larafan25 29-05-14 21:58

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...+habit+podcast

It would be one of the ones from after the game came out. As well, there are linked files of the podcasts and written transcripts on the Eidos forum/

Mikky 29-05-14 21:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 7071979)
I watched them. They were uploaded as youtube videos in some instances. and I sat there, and I watched that damn logo.

I think someone asked who the fudge-cracker was holding the camera, and then they all were like "omg we have to confess this chick was cut" or maybe I'm imagining it. I'm sure, in some way that they touched upon her being the one holding the camera.

Don't know if it's my mind playing tricks on me, but I think I remember that now. Maybe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trenton (Post 7071990)
Oh. Did they say why they cut her?

You know that hanging body in the beginning of the game, in the den? That was originally supposed to be Steph, but they changed it pretty much last minute, because they didn't want a character's death so early on when we didn't have an emotional connection with her or even know who she was. So they just changed it to a random body. And in doing so, ended up cutting Stepth out of the story altogether. Now this info, I did hear in one of the podcasts. I remember it clearly. :p

If you watch the TR Crosssroads trailer, you can hear Lara calling that body "Steph", which is how we all knew about it.

Trenton 29-05-14 21:58

^Thanks! :)

lcroft_lc 04-06-14 15:37

TR placed on #50 of IGN reader's choice as the best game of the last generation.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/...r-top-100-list

It was placed on #35 on IGN's list. :)

Mikky 04-06-14 20:54



Pretty kewl, eh?

Stevo505 04-06-14 22:41

TR2 confirmed.

Trenton 04-06-14 22:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevo505 (Post 7077523)
TR2 confirmed.

Wut? :confused:

Stevo505 04-06-14 22:44

The Square Enix games that have easter eggs in Soul Suspect are Tomb Raider, Just Cause, and Deus Ex. They're hinting at the games being shown at E3 ;) jk I don't know.

Trenton 04-06-14 22:45

^you're grasping at straws ;)

Stevo505 04-06-14 23:17

Yeah, probably :p I just really want confirmation of TR2.

Trenton 04-06-14 23:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevo505 (Post 7077551)
Yeah, probably :p I just really want confirmation of TR2.

You'll have it in a few days at E3. I assure you ;)

Valentino 29-06-14 10:54

Is anyone still playing this game? I'm at 100% completion and I still put it on from time to time. Its just so fun to play with the fluid controls it's like a playground. Especially the mountain village. I think that's such a brilliant level design

Trenton 29-06-14 10:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valentino (Post 7107091)
Is anyone still playing this game? I'm at 100% completion and I still put it on from time to time. Its just so fun to play with the fluid controls it's like a playground. Especially the mountain village. I think that's such a brilliant level design

I do from time to time. But I find it hasn't the same 'ease of replay' as prior TR games due to the lack of a 'level' system.
I often play through a single level every now and then with the classic TRs, but with the reboot I find it's best to play through the entire thing from start to finish tbh. :)

larafan25 29-06-14 15:16

Yas. Basically that. It's fun to revisit the hubs and mess around, because the game is fun. However you soon leanr there isn't much left to do, which is why it tends to lack some replay.

However, I can't go back and endure ALL the story again.

Only TR lover 01-07-14 18:44

Just to check - does anybody else have a glitch when trying to complete the Tomb of last adventurer?! At the part where you need to climb the plane to collect the treasure - Lara get's stuck after burning all the cloth... :confused:

Rai 30-07-14 20:58

Someone posted this on Twitter:



:vlol:

If you find a rat that answers to the name 'Sprinkles' there is a Solarii brother who's missing her dearly and will reward anyone who finds her.



Please note, the swearing is in game, so is okay. You know, so you don't think a mod is breaking the rules. :pi:


All times are GMT. The time now is 15:33.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.