www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Lara Croft and Tomb Raider on Android and iOS (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Tomb Raider Reloaded announced (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=225361)

jackali 30-01-21 15:52

It's currently only available in select regions for testing.

Some people have managed to get their hands on the APK floating around the Internet.

Tomb Raidering 30-01-21 16:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by lance6439 (Post 8271119)
we already have the reboot games being a stain oh and TRA

A masterpiece living in your head rent-free as it should.
_____________

Lara’s model is amazing. I love the Anniversary elements sprinkled in like the pistols, braid and holsters. But the game looks boring and repetitive, at least Relic Run was fun.

SoraSakai 31-01-21 22:31

This game is absolutely horrendous. People pretending to like it aren’t doing the franchise any favors.

For goodness sake, have some dignity.

If not for Lara, at least for yourself.

Mikky 31-01-21 23:29

Well, as someone who played Archero for a while before this and enjoyed it, I can say even though Reloaded hasn't come quite close to the quality of that, it is still some mindless fun. And of course, it's still in Beta so it has time to improve things, so we'll see how it goes.

I will say, even if I'm playing this now and enjoying it some or end up really liking it down the line, I will never encourage the series to continue to go down this route. Just because I'm having fun doesn't mean I believe it's right for TR. For example, I could be playing Flappy Bird on my phone and enjoying it, doesn't mean I think the formula would fit TR (maybe Square should have the same mindset). But for better or worse, as a TR fan, I have an undying curiousity, so... To be honest, I thought the exact same with Relic Run. I don't much care what unique twists it had to the runner formula, it's still a mindless cash grab; same goes for this.

So yeah, as a TR fan, I will always show some interest in playing, and I might have fun with them and even complete them, but that doesn't mean I will encourage or support the creation of future reskins of mobile games. I know everyone might not understand that, but that's just me - I've never been a black and white kinda guy. What I say is, if they're gonna make a TR game for mobile, make it a unique experience that isn't ripped off from another game. And if you can't do that, then don't bother at all - trust me that no-one will miss it, and Square Enix have enough money as it is.

UroshUchiha 01-02-21 00:07

Every time I see this SoraSakai person on this forum, they never comment anything positive or constructive. It's always something shady, negative and/or toxic. So I am not surprised about their post here.
Imagine telling people to stop having mindless fun. This is a type of a game you play for 5 to 10 minutes per day and if someone wants to play for more and gets fun from it, who are you to tell them to stop "pretending" and have some dignity.

Would I recommend this game to hardcore TR fans? Nope. Would I recommend it to people who need time to kill while walking their dog or something? Sure.
But I would never tell people to "have some dignity" based on what games they play in their free time cause that's just a disgusting behaviour.

charmedangelin 01-02-21 00:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by UroshUchiha (Post 8273896)
Eh so I decided to do things myself.
Downloaded Panda VPN for free (no registration needed, just watch a 30 second ad and connect to Thailand). Download the game legit from Play Store.

They fixed a lot of stuff. Masks that are above level 1 now work, spikes deal damage now, you can no longer get Keto Hull multiple times in The Lost Valley, The Lost Valley now has new stage variations, you get A LOT more EXP per stage now. Usually you finish a map with level 7-8. Now you can go up to ~14 from what I saw. There's also new animations for the collected relics.

The Lucky Wheel gives more money now, and there's a new Lucky Wheel that gives you a chance to get Gems if you watch and ad
https://i.imgur.com/S6w1kMn.png

You can also no longer cheese the game by existing and re-opening it to continue if you die. It just kicks you out and you lose your progress.

The "Increases xxx per %1 missing HP" are gone and replaced with this
https://i.imgur.com/xGAMeH0.png

And the best part of it all is that the game now works on Android emulators for PC (At least on Memu). Since the save files are now stored on Google Play Games, my files transferred to the emulator so I can now switch between playing it on the PC (with the keyboard finally!) and mobile.

Oh my God thanks for this method, Imma see what fixes were made in the new version.

Edit

I see now I can play ads to get gems and stuff. Will be way less grindy now. Save data is also now backed up to my main account. I'll try to give feedback when I can.

SoraSakai 01-02-21 01:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by UroshUchiha (Post 8275732)
Every time I see this SoraSakai person on this forum, they never comment anything positive or constructive. It's always something shady, negative and/or toxic. So I am not surprised about their post here.
Imagine telling people to stop having mindless fun. This is a type of a game you play for 5 to 10 minutes per day and if someone wants to play for more and gets fun from it, who are you to tell them to stop "pretending" and have some dignity.

Would I recommend this game to hardcore TR fans? Nope. Would I recommend it to people who need time to kill while walking their dog or something? Sure.
But I would never tell people to "have some dignity" based on what games they play in their free time cause that's just a disgusting behaviour.

Literally reloaded is the only thing that I don’t like at the moment because it’s a copy paste of the companies other lazy cash funneling “apps.”

So your description of me, based on two posts related to the same topic is incorrect and unfair. Yes, I think liking something, a thing that’s entire purpose is to frustrate you into spending money on it, is disrespectful to yourself.

This isn’t about liking a game that I dislike, or having different taste, this is about normalizing something that preys upon people with addictive tendencies and then exploiting them into wasting money on it because it happens to use imagery that they’re nostalgic for.

Not only that, but there’s zero regulation on it, meaning children can be susceptible to its insidious tactics.

charmedangelin 01-02-21 01:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoraSakai (Post 8275743)
Literally reloaded is the only thing that I don’t like at the moment because it’s a copy paste of the companies other lazy cash funneling “apps.”

So your description of me, based on two posts related to the same topic is incorrect and unfair. Yes, I think liking something, a thing that’s entire purpose is to frustrate you into spending money on it, is disrespectful to yourself.

This isn’t about liking a game that I dislike, or having different taste, this is about normalizing something that preys upon people with addictive tendencies and then exploiting them into wasting money on it because it happens to use imagery that they’re nostalgic for.

Not only that, but there’s zero regulation on it, meaning children can be susceptible to its insidious tactics.

This is 100% fact tbh.

Mobile games can be very predatory as many of them are specifically designed to hook people with addictive personalities. The original archero actually made a lot of changes where most things you could earn reasonably.

SoraSakai 01-02-21 01:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by charmedangelin (Post 8275746)
This is 100% fact tbh.

Mobile games can be very predatory as many of them are specifically designed to hook people with addictive personalities. The original archero actually made a lot of changes where most things you could earn reasonably.

Exactly. If this were just (what I perceived to be) a boring game that you purchase and own and then that’s the extent of its money-grubbing-ness, then absolutely, enjoy it, play it. Have all the fun in the world.

But that isn’t what it is. So I do think some self control and dignity is needed in each of us to look at Square and say, “No. We will support Lara and your games, but we are not your ATM’s.”

charmedangelin 01-02-21 02:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoraSakai (Post 8275748)
Exactly. If this were just (what I perceived to be) a boring game that you purchase and own and then that’s the extent of its money-grubbing-ness, then absolutely, enjoy it, play it. Have all the fun in the world.

But that isn’t what it is. So I do think some self control and dignity is needed in each of us to look at Square and say, “No. We will support Lara and your games, but we are not your ATM’s.”

I agree, that's why I'm hoping they are as forgiving as Archero and allow us to easily earn currency without paying money. I'm fine watching some ads which seems like the direction they are going in.

Edit

Well after playing the game still feels very grindy. Honestly I'm not gonna touch it again until the game releases when it's finished. You still need a ton of gems to get stuff and while you have the wheel to spin to get more the ads are always 30secs and I honestly don't have time to be just sitting there that long. Maybe they can split them up into multiple 15 sec ads that should up periodically or something.

Idk, this type of game just doesn't seem like it's for me. I'll still give it a chance upon final release because this is all alpha still.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:10.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.