Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (Crystal Dynamics' version) (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

larafan25 30-10-12 04:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by leglion (Post 6504811)
But it simply makes more sense to say that i "I want easy puzzles"

I don't think Philip wants to stop in a room and fart around for a minute with something easy, that would be as much of a chore I think.

Favoring "fetching" implies you want to explore and look around, traverse and discover.

Favoring a puzzle room implies you're here for some more though-provoking challenges which can be abstract or logical.

Not saying keys can't be used as pieces of a puzzle, or that you can't come across obstacles or what I'd consider puzzles on your journey to finding a key.

Phlip 30-10-12 04:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6504813)
I don't think Philip wants to stop in a room and fart around for a minute with something easy, that would be as much of a chore I think.

Favoring "fetching" implies you want to explore and look around, traverse and discover.

Favoring a puzzle room implies you're here for some more though-provoking challenges which can be abstract or logical.

Not saying keys can't be used as pieces of a puzzle, or that you can't come across obstacles or what I'd consider puzzles on your journey to finding a key.

This. They're different.

larafan25 30-10-12 04:29

This discussion is funny because I went back to PoP2008 today and got going with it, figured out where I was to go, but I stopped when I got to a puzzle because I just couldn't be bothered, it made no sense.

Phlip 30-10-12 04:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6504816)
This discussion is funny because I went back to PoP2008 today and got going with it, figured out where I was to go, but I stopped when I got to a puzzle because I just couldn't be bothered, it made no sense.

If it's the ****ty royal gardens puzzle, just use a walkthrough. But glad to see you're re-trying that amazing game. :jmp:

leglion 30-10-12 04:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6504813)
I don't think Philip wants to stop in a room and fart around for a minute with something easy, that would be as much of a chore I think.

Favoring "fetching" implies you want to explore and look around, traverse and discover.

Favoring a puzzle room implies you're here for some more though-provoking challenges which can be abstract or logical.

Not saying keys can't be used as pieces of a puzzle, or that you can't come across obstacles or what I'd consider puzzles on your journey to finding a key.

But he said he define puzzles as hard and annoying but he doesn't consider the key finding puzzle a puzzle so he must think it's easy and he also said he hopes there aren't any puzzles but removed the key finding puzzles from the equation so that must mean that he does want to sit around and fart in a room for around a minute. :pi:

Phlip 30-10-12 04:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by leglion (Post 6504818)
But he said he define puzzles as hard and annoying but he doesn't consider the key finding puzzle a puzzle so he must think it's easy and he also said he hopes there aren't any puzzles but removed the key finding puzzles from the equation so that must mean that he does want to sit around and fart in a room for around a minute. :pi:

...you're assuming so much wrong. :p I don't like set piece puzzles. I like finding keys. There. Simples.


(I cannot believe I just lowered myself to saying "simples".)

larafan25 30-10-12 04:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phlip (Post 6504817)
If it's the ****ty royal gardens puzzle, just use a walkthrough. But glad to see you're re-trying that amazing game. :jmp:

No, it's that stupid puzzle in the vale and it should be easy. There are two levers you turn, one controls which mechanisms you control with the other switch, and the other switch moves those mechanisms according to the use of the other switch. It makes no sense though because there are blue arrows, red arrows, no arrows, and probably arrows pointing in ****ing different directions. No language.

Quote:

Originally Posted by leglion (Post 6504818)
But he said he define puzzles as hard and annoying but he doesn't consider the key finding puzzle a puzzle so he must think it's easy and he also said he hopes there aren't any puzzles but removed the key finding puzzles from the equation so that must mean that he does want to sit around and fart in a room for around a minute. :pi:

I have no idea.

I don't think he's opposed to difficulty, such as tricky jumps or traps that are hard to overcome. Just being stuck in place with a puzzle.

leglion 30-10-12 04:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phlip (Post 6504820)
...you're assuming so much wrong. :p I don't like set piece puzzles. I like finding keys. There. Simples.


(I cannot believe I just lowered myself to saying "simples".)

So you like easy pimples. There. Simples.

Edit: I mean easy puzzles. :pi:

Phlip 30-10-12 04:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6504821)
No, it's that stupid puzzle in the vale and it should be easy. There are two levers you turn, one controls which mechanisms you control with the other switch, and the other switch moves those mechanisms according to the use of the other switch. It makes no sense though because there are blue arrows, red arrows, no arrows, and probably arrows pointing in ****ing different directions. No language.

Nothing - nothing, red - it turns twice, blue - it turns once. That puzzle is do-able.
Quote:

Originally Posted by leglion (Post 6504822)
So you like easy pimples. There. Simples.

I have no idea what you're trying to open your gob about. :p

EDIT: Even saying puzzles, I still dunno how you arrive to that conclusion. I define puzzles as annoying set-pieces that just aren't fun and to my appeal, so I don't want (those types of) puzzles.

larafan25 30-10-12 04:36

I'm so ****ing confused by that puzzle though.

I just cant.

But I do want set piece puzzles in the reboot.

leglion 30-10-12 04:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phlip (Post 6504824)
Nothing - nothing, red - it turns twice, blue - it turns once. That puzzle is do-able.


I have no idea what you're trying to open your gob about. :p

EDIT: Even saying puzzles, I still dunno how you arrive to that conclusion. I define puzzles as annoying set-pieces that just aren't fun and to my appeal, so I don't want (those types of) puzzles.

Exactly what i was saying. There. Simple pimples. :pi:

larafan25 30-10-12 04:39

There are going to be so many friggin raised-bridges in this game, I can't.

Phlip 30-10-12 04:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by leglion (Post 6504828)
Exactly what i was saying. There. Simple pimples. :pi:

What's simple?

leglion 30-10-12 06:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phlip (Post 6504835)
What's simple?

I just wanted to keep the trend going. Everyone was doing it. :pi: simples.

If everyone jumped off a bridge would you jump off a bridge too? -My mom

Tommy123 30-10-12 06:45

Speaking of puzzles i don't understand the first puzzle when were getting out of the cavern...like it just looks like you do a bunch of random things and stuff happens.

I'm sure when I'm ACTUALLY playing it i'll understand.

leglion 30-10-12 06:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommy123 (Post 6504924)
Speaking of puzzles i don't understand the first puzzle when were getting out of the cavern...like it just looks like you do a bunch of random things and stuff happens.

I'm sure when I'm ACTUALLY playing it i'll understand.

You have to lead some burning garbage to explosives to blast a hole open in the cave to get out from what i can remember.

CiaKonwerski 30-10-12 07:30

March cannot come any sooner. :)

italibabee 30-10-12 15:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by CiaKonwerski (Post 6504945)
March cannot come any sooner. :)

Or can it?!

larafan25 30-10-12 15:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommy123 (Post 6504924)
Speaking of puzzles i don't understand the first puzzle when were getting out of the cavern...like it just looks like you do a bunch of random things and stuff happens.

I'm sure when I'm ACTUALLY playing it i'll understand.

THAT'S EXACTLY HOW I FEEL! :eek:

They say it's physics and logical or whatever, but it confused the fishizzle out of me.

But yeah....I guess you have to burn the boat masts to "unlock" the mechanism, sending the heavy damn down and the shark cage up. Then crap flows down a river from somewhere, and off the shark cage, and it stops at the damn you've lowered, then you burn it. Then you stand on the shark cage and weigh down the cage so the damn/scoopy thing goes up with the lit boxes, and they drop into the cage because of the angle. Then you have to push the cage.

TBH it seems too much like....contrived when you say it...like when you go to a crazy extent to make something seem like it fits into an environment but then it's just weird. IDK.

Spong 30-10-12 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommy123 (Post 6504924)
Speaking of puzzles i don't understand the first puzzle when were getting out of the cavern...like it just looks like you do a bunch of random things and stuff happens.

I'm sure when I'm ACTUALLY playing it i'll understand.

I know what you mean. There's something about actually playing, a kind of inherent understanding that comes with having the pad in your hand, that you just don't get when watching a vid.

princebenidere 30-10-12 15:56

I know by this very moment if the game was not delayed we are already playing it.

i wonder what kind of crazy stuff this forum will do,hmmmm


but on the other hand im glad it got delayed.

[Xmas] 30-10-12 15:59

Hopefully people actually BUY the game and not pirate it. It would be good if CD managed to avoid any "accidental" leaks which could happen.

princebenidere 30-10-12 16:02

Is PS3 game piratable?
i heard its hard to pirate coz of the data on disc.

but i dunno

and i completely agree with you Xmas, its sad to know piracy still teeming and looms around every corner.

Spong 30-10-12 16:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by princebenidere (Post 6505435)
Is PS3 game piratable?
i heard its hard to pirate coz of the data on disc.

but i dunno

It's just as easy to hack a PS3 and copy the games as it is for any other platform. It's something I don't think any platform holder will ever be able to stop.

starstruck 30-10-12 20:20

This been posted??

Square Enix confesses to making up a fake videogame journalist to promote their games


In a shocking turn of events, Square Enix has announced that Lauren Wainwright, a supposed video game journalist, is fictional and that her love of everything Square Enix was just a marketing ploy.

Recently, Eurogamer posted an article that condemned sponsorship in video game journalism and had briefly mentioned Wainwright. The article was eventually edited to remove her mention in the article. It sparked a firestorm that caused many to look for more information about Wainwright. A notable detail that was discovered is that she was once employed by Square Enix and has written extremely positive reviews about their games.
Today, a Square Enix representative has publicly admitted that Wainwright is not real and was created to promote Square Enix games. Robert Peeler, Square Enix community manager, responded to a series of posts on its forums asking about the employment of Wainwright:

“I don’t think I have permission to post this, but I will do so anyway. Lauren is not a real person and is actually a character created by Square Enix’s marketing department. I deeply apologize for anyone who was swayed by her commentary or reviews.”

Many were in disbelief by this revelation, but Peeler continued to explain, “In the Eurogamer article, they mention she tweeted the following: ‘Urm… Trion were giving away PS3s to journalists at the GMAs. Not sure why that’s a bad thing?’. This was marketing’s way of convincing people that this was not bribery, but just something innocuous. In the marketing circles of many video game companies, they watch each other’s backs.”

“Her love of everything Tomb Raider, as evidenced by her Twitter account, was the real reason she was created,” Peeler explains, “Square Enix knew that Tomb Raider was dead and had to find a way to promote hype for the series again. Her love of Tomb Raider is not genuine and the actress who played her was coached on what to do say when going out to conventions and other public events.”

At this point, the thread was deleted by Square Enix and they have not officially commented on the situation. Robert Florence, the author behind the original Eurogamer article, has said on Twitter, “I knew it! **** Square. They haven’t made a good game since they merged.”

http://p4r.buzzleberry.com/?p=319

larafan25 30-10-12 20:22

OMG

:vlol:

I WONDER IF MEAGAN IS REAL! :eek:

Is anyone real anymore? Or are they


Was I created to boost TR interest? :O

You just never know....

:pi:

Think about it.

Spong 30-10-12 20:26

Someone's been suckered by a website that publishes spoof stories :pi:

tampi 30-10-12 20:36

But this is the strangest thing I've ever heard. This is supposed to be "a priori" or "a posteriori "?
I say this because I have never heard about it.:confused:
Marketing and its unspeakable paths of glory.
Again I'm in a canoe. This time moving away silently.:p

Lukass 30-10-12 20:37

I don't...what? :confused:

trfanX34 30-10-12 20:47

Guys, there's something I need to tell you.

I am not real either. I was created by Crystal Dynamics to promote dynamical crystal, as evidenced by my love for it.
The search for an actor to play me was extra hard, because he had to be fit, smart, funny and sexy.

BUY DYNAMICAL CRYSTAL

just*raidin*tomb 30-10-12 20:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by starstruck (Post 6505832)
This been posted??

Square Enix confesses to making up a fake videogame journalist to promote their games


In a shocking turn of events, Square Enix has announced that Lauren Wainwright, a supposed video game journalist, is fictional and that her love of everything Square Enix was just a marketing ploy.

Recently, Eurogamer posted an article that condemned sponsorship in video game journalism and had briefly mentioned Wainwright. The article was eventually edited to remove her mention in the article. It sparked a firestorm that caused many to look for more information about Wainwright. A notable detail that was discovered is that she was once employed by Square Enix and has written extremely positive reviews about their games.
Today, a Square Enix representative has publicly admitted that Wainwright is not real and was created to promote Square Enix games. Robert Peeler, Square Enix community manager, responded to a series of posts on its forums asking about the employment of Wainwright:

“I don’t think I have permission to post this, but I will do so anyway. Lauren is not a real person and is actually a character created by Square Enix’s marketing department. I deeply apologize for anyone who was swayed by her commentary or reviews.”

Many were in disbelief by this revelation, but Peeler continued to explain, “In the Eurogamer article, they mention she tweeted the following: ‘Urm… Trion were giving away PS3s to journalists at the GMAs. Not sure why that’s a bad thing?’. This was marketing’s way of convincing people that this was not bribery, but just something innocuous. In the marketing circles of many video game companies, they watch each other’s backs.”

“Her love of everything Tomb Raider, as evidenced by her Twitter account, was the real reason she was created,” Peeler explains, “Square Enix knew that Tomb Raider was dead and had to find a way to promote hype for the series again. Her love of Tomb Raider is not genuine and the actress who played her was coached on what to do say when going out to conventions and other public events.”

At this point, the thread was deleted by Square Enix and they have not officially commented on the situation. Robert Florence, the author behind the original Eurogamer article, has said on Twitter, “I knew it! **** Square. They haven’t made a good game since they merged.”

http://p4r.buzzleberry.com/?p=319

Oh my GOD.

That is so iffy I don't even know what to say. :vlol:

Well I've certainly never heard of her and I don't think she's contributed anything to Tomb Raider's campaign. I mean they're doing fine...lol wat.

trfanX34 30-10-12 20:52

Is that article even real though?

Love2Raid 30-10-12 20:53

Wow... if that is real then it's pretty sad, lol.

Spong 30-10-12 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by trfanX34 (Post 6505928)
Is that article even real though?

NO

It's a spoof website. Look at its front page, there's a story about Geoff Keighley dying after going on a Mountain Dew and Doritos binge (maybe someone should tell him), and a story about Capcom admitting they can't patch RE6 to make it good.

just*raidin*tomb 30-10-12 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by trfanX34 (Post 6505928)
Is that article even real though?

O_0 indeed

EDIT: oMG

LNSNHGTDS 30-10-12 20:56

Oh ****, we've been discovered!

Now that you all know that everyone related with Crystal is a robot we cannot allow you to live any longer!

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcprhptQVG1qcoc6y.gif

CBS_TombRaider 30-10-12 20:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by starstruck (Post 6505832)
This been posted??

Square Enix confesses to making up a fake videogame journalist to promote their games


In a shocking turn of events, Square Enix has announced that Lauren Wainwright, a supposed video game journalist, is fictional and that her love of everything Square Enix was just a marketing ploy.

Recently, Eurogamer posted an article that condemned sponsorship in video game journalism and had briefly mentioned Wainwright. The article was eventually edited to remove her mention in the article. It sparked a firestorm that caused many to look for more information about Wainwright. A notable detail that was discovered is that she was once employed by Square Enix and has written extremely positive reviews about their games.
Today, a Square Enix representative has publicly admitted that Wainwright is not real and was created to promote Square Enix games. Robert Peeler, Square Enix community manager, responded to a series of posts on its forums asking about the employment of Wainwright:

“I don’t think I have permission to post this, but I will do so anyway. Lauren is not a real person and is actually a character created by Square Enix’s marketing department. I deeply apologize for anyone who was swayed by her commentary or reviews.”

Many were in disbelief by this revelation, but Peeler continued to explain, “In the Eurogamer article, they mention she tweeted the following: ‘Urm… Trion were giving away PS3s to journalists at the GMAs. Not sure why that’s a bad thing?’. This was marketing’s way of convincing people that this was not bribery, but just something innocuous. In the marketing circles of many video game companies, they watch each other’s backs.”

“Her love of everything Tomb Raider, as evidenced by her Twitter account, was the real reason she was created,” Peeler explains, “Square Enix knew that Tomb Raider was dead and had to find a way to promote hype for the series again. Her love of Tomb Raider is not genuine and the actress who played her was coached on what to do say when going out to conventions and other public events.”

At this point, the thread was deleted by Square Enix and they have not officially commented on the situation. Robert Florence, the author behind the original Eurogamer article, has said on Twitter, “I knew it! **** Square. They haven’t made a good game since they merged.”

http://p4r.buzzleberry.com/?p=319

That. Is freaky :pi:

And Tomb Raider's totally not dead :'(

trfanX34 30-10-12 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spong (Post 6505937)
NO

It's a spoof website. Look at its front page, there's a story about Geoff Keighley dying after going on a Mountain Dew and Doritos binge (maybe someone should tell him), and a story about Capcom admitting they can't patch RE6 to make it good.

Alright. I actually asked that because I saw you posting that before but people were still thinking that it was real :p

just*raidin*tomb 30-10-12 20:59

Quote:

http://p4r.buzzleberry.com/wp-conten.../10/600x-1.png
This picture has been passed along the internet for displaying some of the most blatant sponsorship some have seen in the video game journalism industry. It prompted a damning piece by Eurogamer and according to Keighley’s roommate, it triggered a depression that caused his death.

Eric Levesque, Keighley’s roommate, spoke to news reporters on the scene after the announcement of his death.

“I didn’t think his video game job thing could cause him this much stress,” says Levesque, “I would have killed for his job. But not like this. Not like this.”

He continues, “Yesterday, he said he read this article about him that blasted him for promoting Halo or something. I don’t remember exactly what was said but it had to do with Doritos and Mountain Dew. We were sent like bucket-loads of them recently since Keighley landed a deal.”

“He started to cry and I tried to comfort him,” he recalls, “but he didn’t want any part of it and just sat on the couch tearing away at all the packages of chips and started combining alcohol with Mountain Dew. He just ate. He didn’t even bother turning on the TV and just kept complaining about how he sold his soul just to make it in the industry or something. I wanted to make him to feel better, so I tried to join in but he yelled at me to go away.”

“I went to sleep and awoke the next morning to find him passed out on the couch. I tried to wake him up but then I realized I could not get a pulse,” he concludes.

He was rushed away by ambulance after Levesque found him on the couch early this morning. He was pronounced dead at the hospital.

PepsiCo declined to comment. 343 Industries, the developers behind Halo 4, has said on Twitter, “Master Chief salutes Geoff Keighley for his bravery in combat. #RIP”
I am SO done.

Spong 30-10-12 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by trfanX34 (Post 6505950)
Alright. I actually asked that because I saw you posting that before but people were still thinking that it was real :p

LOL, sorry for saying it so 'loudly', I just wanted other people to see it too before they all go flying off the handle :p


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:36.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Tomb Raider Forums is not owned or operated by CDE Entertainment Ltd.
Lara Croft and Tomb Raider are trademarks of CDE Entertainment Ltd.