Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (Crystal Dynamics' version) (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

Jami393 16-02-13 14:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAHA LOOOL XD (Post 6653074)
Well, its also doing very good in the preorder deparment
http://www.play.com/Games/Games/6-/PreOrderChart.html
http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/

So it seems in the US, the 360 version is doing better than the PS3 version for pre-orders, and Play.com have got more pre orders for the PS3 version than the 360 version. Cool.

LNSNHGTDS 16-02-13 14:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evan C. (Post 6653071)
Nashi my ass, that was an apple.

It wasn't red so no, and apples aren't Japanese so they can go **** themselves :ohn: !

Evan C. 16-02-13 14:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 6653109)
It wasn't red so no, and apples aren't Japanese so they can go **** themselves :ohn: !

Go back to the video and listen what Sam say when she's offering the fruit to Lara, she says..."APPLE?".

LNSNHGTDS 16-02-13 14:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evan C. (Post 6653110)
Go back to the video and listen what Sam say when she's offering the fruit to Lara, she says..."APPLE?".

No, she says "Lara! You're alive!" unless of course if you're talking about the redone scene (which I think we haven't seen) or if Crystal is colour-blind.

Spong 16-02-13 14:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evan C. (Post 6653110)
Go back to the video and listen what Sam say when she's offering the fruit to Lara, she says..."APPLE?".

Does she say that then? I've never actually watched that scene closely enough (I'm surprised anyone has seeing as it's just a cutscene). But still, if that's what she says then that's pretty conclusive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 6653109)
It wasn't red so no...

You think apples can't be (or are only) red?

http://i.imgur.com/EA0i2hR.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/OFRVn5j.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 6653109)
...and apples aren't Japanese so they can go **** themselves :ohn:!

Toyota and Honda are Japanese, but there's thousands of their cars in the UK.

LNSNHGTDS 16-02-13 14:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spong (Post 6653114)
You think apples can't be red?

[I]http://i.imgur.com/EA0i2hR.jpg[/IMG]



Toyota and Honda are Japanese, but there's thousands of their cars in the UK.

...

I was saying that what Sam was holding wasn't red :pi: ...

Who cares about that? I'm saying that non-Japanese apples can't beat awesome Japanese fruit :ohn: !

Phlip 16-02-13 14:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spong (Post 6653114)
Toyota and Honda are Japanese, but there's thousands of their cars in the UK.

Do not even try and get all Jeremy Clarkson on anyone.

Spong 16-02-13 14:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 6653116)
I was saying that what Sam was holding wasn't red :pi: ...

It was green? You mean like an apple? :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 6653116)
Who cares about that? I'm saying that non-Japanese apples can't beat awesome Japanese fruit :ohn: !

I disagree, all Japanese fruit has raw fish in it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phlip (Post 6653117)
Do not even try and get all Jeremy Clarkson on anyone.

Do not mock our Lord :ohn:

LNSNHGTDS 16-02-13 14:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spong (Post 6653119)
It was green? You mean like an apple? :p



I disagree, all Japanese fruit has fish in.

It was either beige or orange, hence people thinking it was an orange but, apparently, Crystal said it wasn't an orange and it was a nashi, which are beige/brown/whatever in colour so nashi it is.

Lolwut :p ?

Spong 16-02-13 14:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 6653120)
It was either beige or orange, hence people thinking it was an orange but, apparently, Crystal said it wasn't an orange and it was a nashi, which are beige/brown/whatever in colour so nashi it is.

Crystal was wrong then, we wrote the game, not them :ohn:
Or rather, you lot wrote the game, I've washed my hands of it :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 6653120)
Lolwut :p ?

Popular racial stereotype (in the UK anyway) that the Japanese eat nothing but raw fish ;)

LNSNHGTDS 16-02-13 14:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spong (Post 6653126)
Crystal was wrong then, we wrote the game, not them :ohn:
Or rather, you lot wrote the game, I've washed my hands of it :p



Popular racial stereotype (in the UK anyway) that the Japanese eat nothing but raw fish ;)

:vlol: Ok then :p !

Oh, I see... well you should try their candy, I guarantee mouth orgasm (provided you get the nice ones) :ohn: !

And don't get me started on how awesome Sake is, if Karl tries it he will forget beer for life :tmb: !

I was wondering, remember when there wasn't gonna be a health system? Does that mean she won't be eating poor animals to replenish heath, will she still be able to eat them? If not then why kill them :confused: ?

Spong 16-02-13 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 6653128)
Oh, I see... well you should try their candy, I guarantee mouth orgasm (provided you get the nice ones) :ohn: !

Not if it's all got fish in it :pi::p

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 6653128)
I was wondering, remember when there wasn't gonna be a health system? Does that mean she won't be eating poor animals to replenish heath, will she still be able to eat them? If not then why kill them :confused: ?

There isn't a health system now is there? I haven't been keeping up with events, but the last I heard Lara had health regen, that essentially means no health system. As far as I know, the whole hunting thing is completely pointless.

LNSNHGTDS 16-02-13 15:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spong (Post 6653130)
Not if it's all got fish in it :pi::p



There isn't a health system now is there? I haven't been keeping up with events, but the last I heard Lara had health regen, that essentially means no health system. As far as I know, the whole hunting thing is completely pointless.

There's no fish :p !

No, there's not and boy does that suck D: ! Not only the health system is gone but now hunting is completely pointless! Oh well, I guess the animals in my game will still live a peacful life... until the Scavengers get them.

Jami393 16-02-13 15:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spong (Post 6653126)
Popular racial stereotype (in the UK anyway) that the Japanese eat nothing but raw fish ;)

I've never heard that as a popular racial stereotype in the UK before.

Spong 16-02-13 15:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 6653136)
No, there's not and boy does that suck D: ! Not only the health system is gone but now hunting is completely pointless! Oh well, I guess the animals in my game will still live a peacful life... until the Scavengers get them.

Don't take my word for it, like I said, my info on the game is somewhat behind because I lost interest. The health system might be gone, but there might still be a point to the hunting, I just assumed it was solely connected to the health system that no longer exists. You might be able to collect pelts or something...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jami393 (Post 6653139)
I've never heard that as a popular racial stereotype in the UK before.

You don't watch enough TV then.

LNSNHGTDS 16-02-13 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spong (Post 6653141)
Don't take my word for it, like I said, my info on the game is somewhat behind because I lost interest. The health system might be gone, but there might still be a point to the hunting, I just assumed it was solely connected to the health system that no longer exists. You might be able to collect pelts or something...

I know but it's the most possible theory, Crystal has pretty much confirmed that there will be no actual use of hunting, other than gaining experience, that is.

Jami393 16-02-13 15:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spong (Post 6653141)
You don't watch enough TV then.

Tbh I think I watched way too much TV in my life, and never heard the Japanese referred to that.

Phlip 16-02-13 15:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 6653143)
I know but it's the most possible theory, Crystal has pretty much confirmed that there will be no actual use of hunting, other than gaining experience, that is.

Good. Hunting always sounded horribly boring. It was tedious as hell in AC3.

Spong 16-02-13 15:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 6653143)
I know but it's the most possible theory, Crystal has pretty much confirmed that there will be no actual use of hunting, other than gaining experience, that is.

So the deer and other animals (if there are any) are just cannon fodder for gaining a bit of experience? I bet they give a purposefully low amount of XP, to stop people from farming.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phlip (Post 6653147)
Good. Hunting always sounded horribly boring. It was tedious as hell in AC3.

I never set out specifically to hunt in AC3, except when it was called on for a couple of tasks. It never really got tedious for me, animals would run in front of me and I'd take the opportunity to gleefully ram a hidden blade into their skull :tmb:

GUMI 16-02-13 15:30

Anyone would like me to do more Lara manips?

Jami393 16-02-13 15:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by GUMI (Post 6653165)
Anyone would like me to do more Lara manips?

What's a manip?

GUMI 16-02-13 15:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jami393 (Post 6653170)
What's a manip?

Photo Manipulation lol

Jami393 16-02-13 15:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by GUMI (Post 6653172)
Photo Manipulation lol

So you've been doing changes to pictures of Lara?

davidmeyer000 16-02-13 15:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by GUMI (Post 6653165)
Anyone would like me to do more Lara manips?

I'd love to see more ones with her dual pistols!

GUMI 16-02-13 15:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jami393 (Post 6653175)
So you've been doing changes to pictures of Lara?

Yes, here are 2 of them :hug:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BDFMfo9CUAAVEZx.jpg:large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BDFFwWOCQAAOyOT.jpg:large

Jami393 16-02-13 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by GUMI (Post 6653185)

In the first one, Lara looks good with the red highlights in her hair but I don't like the eyes, and tbh I don't even know what you have done in the second picture.

GUMI 16-02-13 15:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jami393 (Post 6653204)
In the first one, Lara looks good with the red highlights in her hair but I don't like the eyes, and tbh I don't even know what you have done in the second picture.

You cant see her pink lips?
And her bags under her eyes?
And the hair being a bit grey??

Jami393 16-02-13 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by GUMI (Post 6653206)
You cant see her pink lips?
And her bags under her eyes?
And the hair being a bit grey??

I didn't notice them, and I still don't.

Weemanply109 16-02-13 16:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAHA LOOOL XD (Post 6653074)
Well, its also doing very good in the preorder deparment
http://www.play.com/Games/Games/6-/PreOrderChart.html
http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/

the vgcharts doesn't even have TR in the top 10. I don't see that as "very good" in the slightest. :o

Jami393 16-02-13 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weemanply109 (Post 6653217)
the vgcharts doesn't even have TR in the top 10. I don't see that as "very good" in the slightest. :o

I'd say anything is considered very good if its in the top 20, the most.

Gladous 16-02-13 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by TippingWater (Post 6652868)
Proof: http://24.media.tumblr.com/375c1d1bb...ta7no1_400.jpg She totally looks like one of our ancestors.

http://i.imgur.com/eARKeiL.jpg

Hmmm...

xLara_Nathanx 16-02-13 16:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weemanply109 (Post 6653217)
the vgcharts doesn't even have TR in the top 10. I don't see that as "very good" in the slightest. :o

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jami393 (Post 6653241)
I'd say anything is considered very good if its in the top 20, the most.


And it's US only.

HAHA LOOOL XD 16-02-13 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weemanply109 (Post 6653217)
the vgcharts doesn't even have TR in the top 10. I don't see that as "very good" in the slightest. :o

Something can be first but that doesnt mean a thing if the numbers themselves are bad. TR has 90 000 only on ps3 and Jay said that the numbers are even bigger in reallity. PC preorders are not even included. I would call that very good, yes :p

Weemanply109 16-02-13 16:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by xLara_Nathanx (Post 6653250)
And it's US only.

Isn't the US market their target or priority? Just look at all the incentives and such you get over there.

Spong 16-02-13 16:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weemanply109 (Post 6653253)
Isn't the US market their target or priority?

Judging by all the gunfights and explosions, I'd be inclined to agree :pi:

Jami393 16-02-13 16:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by xLara_Nathanx (Post 6653250)
And it's US only.

And you're point is?

Evan C. 16-02-13 16:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 6653112)
No, she says "Lara! You're alive!" unless of course if you're talking about the redone scene (which I think we haven't seen) or if Crystal is colour-blind.

Nope, the original. If you have seen the full scene, there's a moment when Sam offers Lara the fruit and clearly says..."apple?", after that Lara secretly suggest to go away from that guy. I win.

GUMI 16-02-13 16:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gladous (Post 6653243)
[IM]http://i.imgur.com/eARKeiL.jpg[/IMG]

Hmmm...

Who is she?
She's freaking me out! :eek:

Weemanply109 16-02-13 16:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spong (Post 6653256)
Judging by all the gunfights and explosions, I'd be inclined to agree :pi:

The UK isn't any better, tbh. :pi:

We have Chavs who think they're hardcore elite gamers just because they play CoD. :pi:

Jami393 16-02-13 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weemanply109 (Post 6653278)
The UK isn't any better, tbh. :pi:

We have Chavs who think they're hardcore elite gamers just because they play CoD. :pi:

And don't forget Fifa. :p


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:26.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Tomb Raider Forums is not owned or operated by CDE Entertainment Ltd.
Lara Croft and Tomb Raider are trademarks of CDE Entertainment Ltd.