www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Tomb Raider 1 NLNMAS Guide (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=224782)

_TombExplorer_ 09-07-20 00:31

Tomb Raider 1 NLNMAS Guide
 
Hello everyone! :)
I am TombExplorer and I am just a tomb raider fan since I was very very little.
Having played this game for years and years, I always wanted to challenge myself a bit more while playing the game, and the "NLNMAS" Challenge was a nice touch to my Tomb Raider experience.

If you have never heard of it, NLNMAS stands for "No Loads, No Meds, All Secrets" and since I discovered it, I started having more and more fun during my playthroughs. And another thing I love, is watching people trying out this challenge.

That is why I made this guide: I don't only want to help those Tomb Raider Challengers in need, but also I want to bring more attention to this challenge, so many more people will probably give it a go! They say "the more, the better" :jmp:

The guide will be a Level-By-Level guide for Tomb Raider 1. After Tomb raider 1, I will eventually do Tomb Raider 1 Gold, Tomb Raider 2 and so on. I will try to post videos as often as I can, but just keep in mind that I have a lot of stuff to do so it will take some time!

Moreover, if you have any question, feel free to ask either in the comments section on youtube, or directly here in the thread.

Having said that, I really hope this will be useful for some people and I wish you all an Happy Raiding! :D

Tomb Raider 1 NLNMAS Guide - Introduction



Tomb Raider 1 NLNMAS Guide - Level 1: Caves



Tomb Raider 1 NLNMAS Guide - Level 2: City of Vilcabamba


ANoDE 10-07-20 13:27

Nice challenge!

Personally, I couldn't do it. The "No Loads" part of it would make me scream in pain (I really don't want to repeat myself over and over again). Everything else seems doable, though.

If I would try to attempt this challenge, I'd probably allow myself to use loads at the beginning of each level, so that if I (or the game) fail(s), I wouldn't have to restart the whole game.

Anyway, thanks for posting your guide. I'm sure they'll be helpful to people attempting this.

Famicom 13-07-20 15:52

That's one hell of a challenge. Can't wait to see how you deal with certain parts of the game :cln:

I still remember when I started a video walkthrough in similar conditions. The big difference was that I recorded one level at a time. And I thought that was a nightmare! That was done on the MSDOS version. Then TombATI appeared and I thought it would be worth starting all over again, so I stopped recording by St. Francis'. Never really continued with the videos, though.

It's good to see people are still showing their appreciation and record new walkthrough/gameplay videos but with something new to offer.

Thanks for sharing!

_TombExplorer_ 13-07-20 23:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANoDE (Post 8214996)
Nice challenge!

Personally, I couldn't do it. The "No Loads" part of it would make me scream in pain (I really don't want to repeat myself over and over again). Everything else seems doable, though.

If I would try to attempt this challenge, I'd probably allow myself to use loads at the beginning of each level, so that if I (or the game) fail(s), I wouldn't have to restart the whole game.

Anyway, thanks for posting your guide. I'm sure they'll be helpful to people attempting this.

It is a challenging way to play the game. Very frustrating at times, but the satisfaction at the end is so good. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Famicom (Post 8216661)
That's one hell of a challenge. Can't wait to see how you deal with certain parts of the game :cln:

I still remember when I started a video walkthrough in similar conditions. The big difference was that I recorded one level at a time. And I thought that was a nightmare! That was done on the MSDOS version. Then TombATI appeared and I thought it would be worth starting all over again, so I stopped recording by St. Francis'. Never really continued with the videos, though.

It's good to see people are still showing their appreciation and record new walkthrough/gameplay videos but with something new to offer.

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for your support! Giving me more motivation to continue this series of videos!

The next videos will be about "Caves". It will arrive in some days though: I am studying for an exam at my university, sorry in advance for that :( you will need to wait a bit more for the next video :p

_TombExplorer_ 02-10-20 13:54

Sorry if it took so long to release the new video, but I was very busy lately: Either studying, or focusing on TRLE Level building or just drawing. I hope you enjoy!

Level 1: Caves :D
If you have any question, feel free to ask either on Youtube or Here!

_TombExplorer_ 17-10-20 23:33

Level 2: City of Vilcabamba
The video is finally out! There have been many improvement technically wise, hope you enjoy the video!

If you have any question or suggestion about anything, feel free to ask either here on Youtube! :D


Danielazo 28-10-20 21:25

Watch out in the City of Khamoon. It is possible to get stuck if you go too fast in the parts where there are openings (since Lara does not crawl into Tomb Raider III, it is impossible to get out of here without technical alterations).
That happened to me twice trying to make a run of passing the game without saving.

_TombExplorer_ 29-10-20 00:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danielazo (Post 8248000)
Watch out in the City of Khamoon. It is possible to get stuck if you go too fast in the parts where there are openings (since Lara does not crawl into Tomb Raider III, it is impossible to get out of here without technical alterations).
That happened to me twice trying to make a run of passing the game without saving.

Hello! Thanks for the warning!
Do you have a video of it? I wanna know in detail what you mean, so I can let people know about it! :D


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:07.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.