www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider II (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   New patch, texture modding tool and mod manager for TR II (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=208815)

Peixoto 12-11-18 16:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpideyBR (Post 8010556)
I had the same problem when configuring the scaling for the first time. Change it back to 1x and see if the problem is fixed, then increase the scaling little by little. I use 2x with a 1920x1080 resolution on TR2.

Speaking of TR2, I'm using Peixoto's mod to run TR2Gold but, despite the widescreen and resolution fixes working perfectly, the inventory fix is not present, I get the red carpet background when pausing. Is that a known limitation? I'm using the Steam version of TR2 and followed the Steam guide on installing TR2Gold (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=337717312).

As pointed in the help, TR2 gold woks with this version
https://www.tombraiderchronicles.com...a_tr2goldsetup

To use it with steam you will need to create an iso or use that other method we can't talk about

Peixoto 12-11-18 16:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by New Dwight (Post 8010372)
will this fix the FMV skip "JEEP.bik"?

edit:
got the tex swapping understood :tmb:

Never seen that bug, gonna check it latter

Alex Fly 17-11-18 17:51

Hi Peixoto, someone on Twitter asked me to let you know about this problem...

He's on Windows 7 (and uses 16:10 format), he said your tool isn't compatible with this game as the results appear that it's not widescreen and FOV fixed (contrary to TR2 where it works perfectly). Also he'd like to try some mods, like GiovanniLuca's TR3 HD Remaster.

So the question is: are you going to make your tool compatible with Windows 7 for TR3 (or do you have possibly a workaround)?

Peixoto 17-11-18 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Fly (Post 8013456)
Hi Peixoto, someone on Twitter asked me to let you know about this problem...

He's on Windows 7 (and uses 16:10 format), he said your tool isn't compatible with this game as the results appear that it's not widescreen and FOV fixed (contrary to TR2 where it works perfectly). Also he'd like to try some mods, like GiovanniLuca's TR3 HD Remaster.

So the question is: are you going to make your tool compatible with Windows 7 for TR3 (or do you have possibly a workaround)?

Of all things that might break on win 7, widescreen is the least probable. 1st thing is to test if he's using the right .exe, the one from the multipatch

Alex Fly 17-11-18 20:14

Thanks for your reply. He wrote he uses the Steam version so I re-asked him to confirm if he uses the .exe from the multipatcher and he said he uses the .exe from Steam (ok, I'm confused????). He added that he'll try tomorrow with the CD version. I'll keep you updated. -_-

EDIT: Finally he got it to work. Looks like he simply didn't use the right .exe. Problem solved!

Peixoto 20-12-18 02:07

Update:

The bug that caused the video to freeze on cut-scenes if MCI emulation was enabled was just fixed

bisovic 22-12-18 08:31

Hey!

Why i can't use the D-pad on my xbox controller in the game? It works fine if i use pinnacle without Peixoto.

Peixoto 23-12-18 03:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by bisovic (Post 8023838)
Hey!

Why i can't use the D-pad on my xbox controller in the game? It works fine if i use pinnacle without Peixoto.

On the top of the Help page, click where it reads Support for Xinput controllers and disable it, Pinnacle will work if you run it with admin privileges

Tremolo 24-12-18 16:00

Is there any way to restore the dark background on TR 3, 4 and 5 when entering the inventory menu? Personally, I prefer it that way.

Peixoto 26-12-18 13:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tremolo (Post 8024335)
Is there any way to restore the dark background on TR 3, 4 and 5 when entering the inventory menu? Personally, I prefer it that way.

Open scrips\Tomb2.ahk with a text editor and delete the line:

logerr(IDirect3DDevice2.Hook("BeginScene", "TR3_BeginScene"))

Then open tomb4.ahk and delete:

logerr(IDirect3DDevice3.Hook("BeginScene"))

Trap_One3 27-12-18 23:35

Does anyone has a solution to not working FMV's? i've done everything the tutorial says but when i open the game using peixoto's tool i hear a windows error message and there is no video playback but i do hear the sound of the cutscenes.

dgo6 29-12-18 03:59

FMV Playback Problems

Hey guys, I have the exact same problem as Trap_One3. I believe I’ve tried all the listed solutions both in Steam forums and Peixoto’s Help application. I even tried downloading the K-lite codec pack to play around with the H.264 settings and changed the “Use Merit” to “LAV Video” on both x32 and x64 (alternating them and both on the same option). I tried turning off antialiasing from Nvidia’s control panel but to no avail. I also tried pasting both the .bik and .mp4 files in the FMV at the same time but still got a black screen. I also tried different combinations of the Help application options and playing around with the scaling but was still met with a black screen. I also just updated the graphics driver. (The .rpl files are still in the FMV folder. I haven't removed them.)

The game seems to run perfectly fine as far as gameplay is concerned. It’s just the high quality FMVs that do not run. For some reason I can only hear the LOGO FMV sound and occasionally the ANCIENT FMV sound (I haven’t pinpointed why it sometimes pops up). The following are my specs and the CMD like log that appears when running the Help application for TR2. Let me know if you need anything else. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Quote:

Specs:

Processor: Intel Core i7
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080
Native Res: 4k

SYSTEM:
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804)
BIOS: 2202 (type: UEFI)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16312MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 216 DPI (225 percent)
System DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Enabled
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported

GRAPHICS
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Type: Full Device (POST)
Display Memory: 16234 MB
Dedicated Memory: 8079 MB
Shared Memory: 8155 MB
Current Mode: 3840 x 2160 (32 bit) (60Hz)
HDR Support: Not Supported
Display Topology: Internal
Display Color Space: DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G22_NONE_P709
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: ROG PG27AQ
Monitor Id: ACI27B3
Native Mode: 3840 x 2160(p) (59.997Hz)
Output Type: Displayport External
Monitor Capabilities: HDR Not Supported
Display Pixel Format: DISPLAYCONFIG_PIXELFORMAT_32BPP
Advanced Color: Not Supported
Power P-states: Not Supported
Virtualization: Paravirtualization
Block List: No Blocks
Catalog Attributes: Universal:False Declarative:False
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 12/10/2018 6:00:00 PM, 957800 bytes

Quote:

CMD-like log while the game is running and is at the title screen:

65536 2147418111
65536 2147418111
Peixotos's patch remote settings:
#args: setup
32bit: 1
;compatlayer: WinXPSP2
AF: 1
CompatLayer: HIGHDPIAWARE
D3D: 2
D3D_Driver: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_ dispi.inf_amd64_e7b3660b4830c245\nvldumd.dll
dshow: 1
error_log: D:\Users\Diego\Desktop\Peixoto\error.log
FMV: 1
GPad: A=1;B=2;X=3;Y=4;LEFT_SHOULDER=5;RIGHT_SHOULDER=6;b LeftTrigger=7;bRightTrigger=8;Start=9;Back=10;LEFT _THUMB=11;RIGHT_THUMB=12;deadzone=0.000000;
HBdr: 1
injector_dir: D:\Users\Diego\Desktop\Peixoto
J2K: u=False;a=Up,Down,Left,Right,end,alt,space,ctrl,de l,PgDn,shift,numpad0,esc,/,8,9,Up,Down,Left,Right;dz=0.25;
max_4x3_res: 2048x1536
modspath: D:\Users\Diego\Documents\Games\TombRaider2\mods
Mydocs: D:\Users\Diego\Documents
os_version: 10.000000
resolutions_list: 640x480 720x480 720x576 800x600 1024x768 1152x864 1280x720 1280x768 1280x800 1280x960 1280x1024 1360x768 1366x768 1600x900 1600x1024 1600x1200 1680x1050 1920x1080 1920x1200 1920x1440 2048x1536 2560x1440 2560x1600 3840x2160
script: Scripts\Tomb2.ahk
script_hwnd: 0x2509d8
singlecore: 1
target: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Tomb Raider (II)\Tomb2.exe
target_dir: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Tomb Raider (II)
target_name: Tomb2.exe
Textswap: path=Tomb2Fix\textures;samples=4;thumbnail=256;Nex t=];Prev=[;dump=p;Switch=i;color_switch=o;mips=0;Quick=;

CreateProcessA Hook: 0
CreateProcessW Hook: 0
Desktop 3840x2160
Direct3D user mode driver implemented in C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_ dispi.inf_amd64_e7b3660b4830c245\nvldumd.dll
OpenAdapter Hook 0
DDraw.dll : C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DDRAW.dll
DirectDrawCreate Hook: 0
IDirectDraw2: 0:DDERR_OK
IDirectDraw4: 0:DDERR_OK
CoopLevel: 0:DDERR_OK
Surface4: 0:DDERR_OK
Surface3: 0:DDERR_OK
Surface2: 0:DDERR_OK
Surface: 0:DDERR_OK
Succeeded to create DirectDraw
Direct3D: 0:DDERR_OK
ViewPort: 0:DDERR_OK
Texture: 0:DDERR_OK
Direct3D2: 0:DDERR_OK
ViewPort2: 0:D3DERR_OK
Texture2: 0:DDERR_OK
Direct3D3: 0:DDERR_OK
ViewPort3: 0:D3DERR_OK
VertexBuffer: 0:D3DERR_OK
Device3: 0:DDERR_OK
IDirect3DDevice2: 0:DDERR_OK
Device: 0:DDERR_OK
Exec Buffer: 0:D3DERR_OK
Succeeded to create Direct3D
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw2::CreateSurface
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw::CreateSurface
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::restore
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice2::EndScene
Succeeded to hook IDirect3D2::CreateDevice
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::Blt
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::Lock
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::UnLock
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DTexture2::GetHandle
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DTexture2::Release
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DTexture2::Load
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice2::SetRenderState
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw::SetDisplayMode
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw2::SetDisplayMode
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::flip
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw::GetDisplayMode
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::QueryInterface
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::GetPixelFormat
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::GetSurfaceDesc
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::GetDC
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::ReleaseDC
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::SetPalette
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawPalette::SetEntries
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawPalette::GetEntries
Succeeded to unhook IDirectDrawSurface::Lock
Succeeded to unhook IDirectDrawSurface::UnLock
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::Lock
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::UnLock
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::Bltfast
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw::SetCooperativeLevel
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw2::SetCooperativeLevel
FileHooks 0
CreateFileA_Hook Hook : 0 <- 0 means no error
OpenFile: 0
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice2::DrawPrimitive
IDirectDrawSurface::QueryInterface is already hooked
Method BeginScene is not hooked yet
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice2::BeginScene
161:161:184
228:228:64
42:42:11
75:75:0
0:0:0
153:153:153
arrays 0xA1 0xA1
arrays 0xE4 0xE4
arrays 0x2A 0x2A
arrays 0x4B 0x4B
arrays 0x0 0x0
arrays 0x99 0x99
arrays 0xDB 0xDB
arrays 0x5 0x5
arrays 0xE4 0xE4
arrays 0x2A 0x2A
arrays 0x4B 0x4B
arrays 0x0 0x0

Peixoto 30-12-18 05:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trap_One3 (Post 8025001)
Does anyone has a solution to not working FMV's? i've done everything the tutorial says but when i open the game using peixoto's tool i hear a windows error message and there is no video playback but i do hear the sound of the cutscenes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgo6 (Post 8025220)
Hey guys, I have the exact same problem as Trap_One3. I believe I’ve tried all the listed solutions both in Steam forums and Peixoto’s Help application. I even tried downloading the K-lite codec pack to play around with the H.264 settings and changed the “Use Merit” to “LAV Video” on both x32 and x64 (alternating them and both on the same option). I tried turning off antialiasing from Nvidia’s control panel but to no avail. I also tried pasting both the .bik and .mp4 files in the FMV at the same time but still got a black screen. I also tried different combinations of the Help application options and playing around with the scaling but was still met with a black screen. I also just updated the graphics driver. (The .rpl files are still in the FMV folder. I haven't removed them.)

The game seems to run perfectly fine as far as gameplay is concerned. It’s just the high quality FMVs that do not run. For some reason I can only hear the LOGO FMV sound and occasionally the ANCIENT FMV sound (I haven’t pinpointed why it sometimes pops up). The following are my specs and the CMD like log that appears when running the Help application for TR2. Let me know if you need anything else. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Try non exclusive fullscreen

dgo6 30-12-18 23:44

I have multiple times with all the solutions I tried. They gave no difference. :(

dgo6 31-12-18 00:53

I think I made it work!

Ok, I don't know if this was the actual reason but I finally see the FMVs (although not completely full screen but definitely in a nice, crisper, bigger size than the .rpl files)

It seems Windows defender was actively working against the patch. I restarted my computer, went into the Windows defender center's settings and turned off real-time protection. I then went to steam, reinstalled TR2 and re-extracted the patch into my desktop. I then started the game through the patch with the following settings enabled:

-Force Native Resolution
-Non-exclusive Fullscreen
-Anisotropic Filtering
-FMV Scale = 1

I had initially tried this before but it would not work. It wasn't until I turned off Windows Defender that I saw a difference. Perhaps all you need is to turn it off and not reinstall anything, but it doesn't take much time or effort to do the rest. Hope other people find this useful.

And to Peixoto, thank you so much for this amazing patch. Thanks to you, we can reexperience Lara's adventures. Thank you!

Legends 01-01-19 13:20

I've been trying to get Peixoto's patch to work with TR2 and TR3, but everytime I try to indicate a path I get an error. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I've followed all the steps and downloaded the multipatch. I use the Steam version.

Quote:

You will be asked to indicate where the game is located the 1st time you play it with the patch
The message I get after I've indicated the path is this:

https://i.imgur.com/K3JJdb5.png
"Specifically: System can't find the right file."

I've been trying to indicate the path with basically every file now, but nothing works and I'm too dumb to figure it out what I'm doing wrong for myself. Can anyone help? I've also been trying to get the texture swapping to work, but that seems impossible when I can't even indicate a path for the game.

Peixoto 01-01-19 21:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legends (Post 8025878)
I've been trying to get Peixoto's patch to work with TR2 and TR3, but everytime I try to indicate a path I get an error. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I've followed all the steps and downloaded the multipatch. I use the Steam version.

The message I get after I've indicated the path is this:

https://i.imgur.com/K3JJdb5.png
"Specifically: System can't find the right file."

I've been trying to indicate the path with basically every file now, but nothing works and I'm too dumb to figure it out what I'm doing wrong for myself. Can anyone help? I've also been trying to get the texture swapping to work, but that seems impossible when I can't even indicate a path for the game.

Your antivirus has deleted or quarantined injector.exe

Legends 02-01-19 00:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peixoto (Post 8025970)
Your antivirus has deleted or quarantined injector.exe

Thank you, I'm at least one step closer. I restored the injector.exe, but now I get this error after I've indicated a path for TR2:

https://i.imgur.com/pvvuKu4.png

Peixoto 02-01-19 11:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legends (Post 8026009)
Thank you, I'm at least one step closer. I restored the injector.exe, but now I get this error after I've indicated a path for TR2:

https://i.imgur.com/pvvuKu4.png

Close it with the task manager and try again. Have you added it to the exclusions list? It may be necessary to disable your AV altogether to run the patch, unfortunately

Legends 02-01-19 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peixoto (Post 8026050)
Close it with the task manager and try again. Have you added it to the exclusions list? It may be necessary to disable your AV altogether to run the patch, unfortunately

I've closed it with the task manager and tried again several times, but still nothing changed. Yes, I added it to the exclusion list. Both the injector.exe and the entire Peixoto folder with all it's content. I also tried to disable my AV, but that didn't change anything either. (I'm not a 100% sure I disabled my AV correctly, so I'm gonna check out those settings some more) :ponder:

When I try to run TR3 I get this error which is different from the TR2 error.

https://i.imgur.com/2iUB3Qn.png

edit: I'm on Windows 10 64 bit, if that matters at all.

Peixoto 05-01-19 22:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legends (Post 8026112)
I've closed it with the task manager and tried again several times, but still nothing changed. Yes, I added it to the exclusion list. Both the injector.exe and the entire Peixoto folder with all it's content. I also tried to disable my AV, but that didn't change anything either. (I'm not a 100% sure I disabled my AV correctly, so I'm gonna check out those settings some more) :ponder:

When I try to run TR3 I get this error which is different from the TR2 error.

https://i.imgur.com/2iUB3Qn.png

edit: I'm on Windows 10 64 bit, if that matters at all.

Check if the AV has not quarantined tomb3.exe.

TombRaiderTim 15-01-19 13:33

I'd love to see people share some screenshots or videos with this tool in action showing the new textures before I decide to download it all and run it with TR2 as it all seems very interesting. Maybe Peixoto could add them to the first post then for others to see also! :D

Peixoto 15-01-19 18:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by TombRaiderTim (Post 8029427)
I'd love to see people share some screenshots or videos with this tool in action showing the new textures before I decide to download it all and run it with TR2 as it all seems very interesting. Maybe Peixoto could add them to the first post then for others to see also! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIjIzsT5LeI

Not a big deal, if i were you, i would not install it

TombRaiderTim 16-01-19 00:53

When I see those IOS textures it always reminds me how insulting it is that they released 2 ports of the series with a half done job, very unpolished textures and most levels without any at all, expecting people to be happy with it when it clearly was made without any love or care by the people developing the new content in the first place.

New Dwight 16-01-19 06:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by TombRaiderTim (Post 8029929)
When I see those IOS textures it always reminds me how insulting it is that they released 2 ports of the series with a half done job, very unpolished textures and most levels without any at all, expecting people to be happy with it when it clearly was made without any love or care by the people developing the new content in the first place.

No one dares cater to your picky ways, they were good, not a warrant insulting.
Grow thicker skin that can curve backwards and fold. Your skin is balding.

NoahCrofRaider 16-01-19 13:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by New Dwight (Post 8030022)
No one dares cater to your picky ways, they were good, not a warrant insulting.
Grow thicker skin that can curve backwards and fold. Your skin is balding.

Dude, chill. There is absolutely no need to get personal and get so aggressive.

I don’t find the textures to be “insulting”, but I agree with TombRaiderTim that they were definitely not the quality a remaster or port of the classics should have. They were really sloppy imo, save for a few. He/she isn’t being picky, just having a fair complaint that the textures were really badly done, which I agree with.

TombRaiderTim 16-01-19 21:48

It is alright Noah, Dwight is just angry at me and many others for showing him up when he was being harsh and rude towards Psiko on his thread. He was banned, though unfortunately he is back on with the same attitude as before it seems without any signs of becoming any more mature than a man-child.

I should have said appalling rather than insulting, it would make more sense since I cannot see how any developer there would not even finish the project and see it in its current state and actually think it was a good idea to release to the public as it was so instead it should have just not ever happened.

I'd not mind Square giving Tomb Raider 1, 2, 3, Revelation and Chronicles a nice HD remake, basically a proper port done by far more talented people they could hire that replaces the textures with HD ones that are done right and are faithful to the original and perhaps find a way to get 60 FPS into them also.

Just my opinion though. :D

Teeth 10-02-19 21:49

Hi guys,

All of a sudden whenever I use Arsunt's patch there's no in-game music anymore. I didn't do or change anything on my computer as far as I know... :confused:

Just to be sure I've got it set up correctly, from which directory does the EXE play audio files and in what format should they be? Should they be 02.mp3, 03.mp3, etc?

Danath 10-02-19 22:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teeth (Post 8039830)
Hi guys,

All of a sudden whenever I use Arsunt's patch there's no in-game music anymore. I didn't do or change anything on my computer as far as I know... :confused:

Just to be sure I've got it set up correctly, from which directory does the EXE play audio files and in what format should they be? Should they be 02.mp3, 03.mp3, etc?

The music folder is called "music" and the files are in .wma format ( at least the method i'm using ).

Edit: I have uploaded the music files i'm using to my GDrive account, because i'm afraid of the links out there going offline. Also can't find them right now.
You can grab it here: TR2 Music Files
It should work 100%, it's what i'm using for music in my TR2 game. :)

laravision 11-02-19 00:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teeth (Post 8039830)
Hi guys,

You're mentioning Arsunt's patch in Peixoto's mod manager thread...does this mean you're attempting to combine both features and have them work in tandem, or are you just querying the music issue strictly for Arsunt's EXE?

Arsunt's EXE can use multiple solutions for audio. If using the .mp3 tracks, they should be placed in the audio folder, and are indeed named 02.mp3, 03.mp3, etc. Also requires a specific fmodex.dll and winmm.dll to be in the main game directory.
Or, like Danath mentioned, you can use the wma tracks, which should be placed in the music folder. Again, a specific fmodex.dll and winmm.dll are required.
The cdaudio.mp3 & .dat file from the multipatch (audio folder) can also be used.

Teeth 11-02-19 19:05

I'll be honest, guys. I'm completely lost. I've been through so many patches and installers for all these games I can't remember which EXE I'm supposed to use. A couple of months ago I played the full game through Peixoto with fade ins from black on the title screen, waving inventory, remastered FMVs and soundtrack. The full caboodle, and it was glorious.

Am I supposed to just use the one from the Multipatcher? Because that has now started crashing with an "Abnormal program termination" message, with or without Peixoto. Or is there a bespoke Peixoto patch? If so...GIVE IT!

Danath: Thanks for uploading your files, that saved me a lot of time. :D But unfortunately, I still have no music at all when I use that EXE, even with your WMAs installed.

EDIT: IT'S FIXED!!!

Oh, Famicom I could KISS you!

Turns out I was meant to rename the EXE and replace some DLL files with those from the EXTREMELY misleadingly-titled "TR2 Gold Lara's Home files" folder.

Danath 11-02-19 23:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teeth (Post 8040225)
Danath: Thanks for uploading your files, that saved me a lot of time. :D But unfortunately, I still have no music at all when I use that EXE, even with your WMAs installed.

Sorry i forgot that there was an .exe there. You can safely ignore it and copy everything else, it will work on Arsunt's .exe. You need both .dll files in the main TR2 folder for the music to work.
Glad you got it sorted out in any case. :)

Opaque79 01-03-19 17:32

Why does this tool zoom the FMV's in extremely close? It does this in TR3 too

Peixoto 05-03-19 01:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Opaque79 (Post 8050302)
Why does this tool zoom the FMV's in extremely close? It does this in TR3 too

You've set the FMV scale option too hight

Tremolo 09-03-19 14:00

I still have problems with the FMV sequences on Tomb Raider 3.

When I activate the "Force native resolution" option, the FMV sequences looks really small and with that awful interlaced effect enabled. I tried changing the zoom option, but the problem it seems to be "Force native resolution" option.

Is there any way to fix this?

Opaque79 09-03-19 22:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peixoto (Post 8052152)
You've set the FMV scale option too hight

That's not the case, it's at 1.

This is what I see in the EIDOS FMV
https://i.imgur.com/K8aC6AD.png

Hope that's clear

Famicom 11-03-19 00:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teeth (Post 8040225)

:vlol:
THB I haven't touched anything TR2-related for the last 12 months or so. I remember struggling for almost a month to put every piece of information out there and combine every file and patch to make everything work. It was a pain in the ass, but it was well worth it. But, alas, it required using the second-to-last (by then) Peixoto's patch (the last one "broke" a few things or, at least, unmarked a few ticks that were already marked in my "ultimate TR2 experience" list). I had a complete tutorial ready which, alas, was 100% depending on that one patch, so I asked him for permission to share a link to it, since he never keeps old versions of his patch available. He wasn't very happy about the idea so I gave up. Since then, I've lost track of any further updates of Peixoto's and Arsunt's patch/solution, so who knows, maybe everything works as it should now using the latest patch. Unfortunately I don't have too much time to find out.

This post that you linked is a small part of the complete tutorial.

I'm glad it worked for you.

Opaque79 12-03-19 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Opaque79 (Post 8054699)

Hope that's clear

So no one has had this issue? It seems like the FMV's are super-magnified

Peixoto 13-03-19 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Opaque79 (Post 8054699)

Hope that's clear

It's to low. Set it to DesktopHeight/480

Opaque79 13-03-19 20:03

Now I get this. The FMV itself is still super magnified
https://i.imgur.com/lxLcYOe.png