www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

biscuits 17-08-18 16:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux (Post 7951446)
Yeah, I think some people can't seem to grasp that we are inherent fans of the series and do actually want to like Reboot. I'd love to see what other people seem to see in it, shame I don't.

A lot of people explained themselves. A million times.

This isn't aimed at you, but why do some people here treat liking reboot Lara as weird or unfathomable? It's fine that some don't like her, but why do I have to justify me liking the character? Why do we keep seeing people treat their own dislike of the character as universal fact, for them to act really stupid when someone mentions that they like the character? Seeing **** like "How could you possibly like reboot Lara? I mean no offense, but can you mind explaining why you like the character?", etc.

It's really annoying tbh.

amiro1989 17-08-18 16:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebra (Post 7951449)
How about you really like dance pop so you fell in love with Lady Gaga and became a total Gaga fanboy/girl/person, then suddenly Lady Gaga does a 180 and starts making only hardcore death metal music which you hate. You don't like the music but you're suche a huge fan of Lady Gaga that you still buy her albums anyway simply because they're Lady Gaga albums.

Exactly this.

wearemany 17-08-18 16:28

Quote:

How about you really like dance pop so you fell in love with Lady Gaga and became a total Gaga fanboy/girl/person, then suddenly Lady Gaga does a 180 and starts making only hardcore death metal music which you hate.

Sorry Zebra, but that's something that I don't agree with. I love alt-rock and I'm a huge PJ Harvey fan. I loved her music from 1993 to 2004, but I'm not a fan of the stuff she's been releasing since 2007 because it's completely different from the sound she used to make. So, that means I haven't bought a PJ Harvey album in... 11 years? :ponder: I've listened to her later stuff, but I didn't like it so I ended up NOT buying those albums.

Quote:

You don't like the music but you're suche a huge fan of Lady Gaga that you still buy her albums anyway simply because they're Lady Gaga albums.

When it comes to Tomb Raider, I know that deep down it's even worse because most of you who don't like the reboot don't recognize the character as Lara Croft and the game as Tomb Raider, so it's no excuse.

Like I said before, it's none of our business whether you or Legends end up buying this game or not, but CD/EM/SE make games for people to buy them, and I think that those who are dissatisfied with the direction should demonstrate it first and foremost with their money. That's my humble opinion.

amiro1989 17-08-18 16:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux (Post 7951438)
What "likeable" side tho? Really? Je suis confus

https://s33.postimg.cc/5cyw4ftqn/reginaa.gif

I do have higher hopes for this game though based on what we've seen.

Well, that's hard to define, because we all seem to have different opinions about it but whatever makes this iteration of Lara "likeable" to the reboot fans... What if she gets trashed and replaced by another version in four years time? One that isn't in touch with the TR (2013) fans consensus... That could create an interesting situation.

That's all I'm saying. Nothing personal.

^Well, if these fans had shut up, maybe we'd have never gotten adjustable difficulty levels? Maybe they would have never toned down the annoying drama and such? Think about it... That feedback even if it's harsh criticism is needed. Yes, it can be nuanced, but hey, you can't have everything in life. Don't see it as a personal attack, it's just what it is.

biscuits 17-08-18 16:31

Quote:

How about you really like dance pop so you fell in love with Lady Gaga and became a total Gaga fanboy/girl/person, then suddenly Lady Gaga does a 180 and starts making only hardcore death metal music which you hate. You don't like the music but you're suche a huge fan of Lady Gaga that you still buy her albums anyway simply because they're Lady Gaga albums.

I wouldn't operate like that at all. If I dislike something, I ignore it. It's really that simple. I used to love Assasin's Creed. I was a huge fan. Their games are now ****, so I don't purchase them. I shouldn't have to purchase a game I don't like just because it's Assasin's Creed. Same goes for modern DC comics.
It's also counter productive. By purchasing the new games, aren't you supporting the new direction you dislike?

Vaskito 17-08-18 16:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux (Post 7951446)
Yeah, I think some people can't seem to grasp that we are inherent fans of the series and do actually want to like Reboot. I'd love to see what other people seem to see in it, shame I don't.

I mean, I find this kinda hard to believe when you and a couple of other people keep mocking the character just because you donít like her yourselves . I also think Classic Lara was way too one dimensional and yet I respect people who think otherwise, and you donít see me saying sheís like ďx person I think itís xyz badĒ day in and day out like a broken record. And yes, there are worse well known offenders. People in here should learn how to respect and accept what other peopel like without the need to recurring to mocking and stuff alike. Iíve already said in the past that there are people who look up to her, just like Classic Lara, even if sheís a fictional character, and the mockery can make such people uncomfortable and/or with the feeling thet itís ďwrongĒ to like this version of Lara

Rai 17-08-18 16:32

Quote:

I must have a different mindset to everyone else then, because if I were a lady gaga fan for her pop music and she changed styles to hard-core death metal, I most certainly wouldn't buy the new album. I might have bought the first album in the new style to give it a chance, but not the next. Then if by the third album in that style, it looked like it might contain some elements of pop music again (maybe she's signed to a new record label), I'd probably be looking at marketing material closely to see if I like it enough, but she'd only get my money after I'd heard enough of the album first. I would not buy even though what I've seen advertised is still not to my taste. :admles:

To bring this back to Tomb Raider, another example would be, I dislike AoD so I wouldn't have bothered with a direct sequel had it had one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wearemany (Post 7951461)

When it comes to Tomb Raider, I know that deep down it's even worse because most of you who don't like the reboot don't recognize the character as Lara Croft and the game as Tomb Raider, so it's no excuse.

Like I said before, it's none of our business whether you or Legends end up buying this game or not, but CD/EM/SE make games for people to buy them, and I think that those who are dissatisfied with the direction should demonstrate it first and foremost with their money. That's my humble opinion.

Completely agree with these sentiments. :tmb:.

Vaskito 17-08-18 16:35

Quote:

Iím a huge Gaga fan, and for example I mostly donít like Joanne. Itís completely different that what she has done before, and the genre doesnít fit my tastes. I simply barely listen to the songs from it, and I do not act toxic and mock her or say every single day that sheís no longer gaga, or that her music sucks, etc. I recognize itís a great album that means a lot to her, that just I happen to not like that much.
this is the difference. Is that some people simply donít know how to act maturely when they dislike something, and they turn everything into senseless and childish hate

wearemany 17-08-18 16:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by biscuits (Post 7951455)
A lot of people explained themselves. A million times.

This isn't aimed at you, but why do some people here treat liking reboot Lara as weird or unfathomable? It's fine that some don't like her, but why do I have to justify me liking the character? Why do we keep saying people treat their own dislike of the character as universal fact, for them to act really stupid when someone mentions that they like the character? Seeing **** like "How could you possibly like reboot Lara? I mean no offense, but can you mind explaining why you like the character?", etc.

It's really annoying tbh.

I agree, and another thing that's REALLY annoying is how everytime you question or criticize the behavior of a certain active outspoken member, their supporters will show up trying to defend. I've got a total of 3 people coming at me. :vlol: Just kidding.

Seriously though, this is partially true. It used be Larafan25, but now it's Legends the omnipresent member with a really strong following. Don't you dare question him, cuz his army is right around the corner.

Yeauxleaux 17-08-18 16:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by biscuits (Post 7951455)
snip

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaskito (Post 7951464)
snip

All this over a couple of light teasing posts I can't even

https://s33.postimg.cc/lmtnl1r7j/Rihanna.gif

Welcome back tho I guess