www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

CloudTifa7 20-08-18 12:46

^it's Lara not Laura

leomage 20-08-18 12:51

Lara has certainly been paler- and felt skinnier imo- since CD took control. I think they wanted her to look more traditionally British, maybe? Which goes with the straight ponytail too. But it makes me a little uncomfortable now idk. She's just shifted from one standard of beauty to another. And you don't have to be super white (or white at all) to be British 😕

With that said, reboot Lara certainly looks like a real person which I appreciate a lot. I do not want them to change her ribcage or waist. If she were real she would be seen as a very slim, very attractive woman.

As for her vest in Shadow, I think it's quite padded because she's supposed to be wearing two layers.

Vaskito 20-08-18 12:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by CloudTifa7 (Post 7953492)
^it's Lara not Laura

He, Samz and Legends call her Laura on purpose

Nausinous 20-08-18 12:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daft Raider (Post 7953489)

I'd kind of forgotten but Rise Lara is stunning, and you can see the difference in her frame. Also her posture looks really good in this picture. So I'm not sure what happened, is it a different person, did she have surgery, did she go on a bulk? What's going on?

kazanova76brgr 20-08-18 13:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by leomage (Post 7953497)
As for her vest in Shadow, I think it's quite padded because she's supposed to be wearing two layers.

THIS, thank you ! Not that hard to figure out...

WWETombRaider 20-08-18 13:06

Two layered vest in a humid tropical jungle. Ughh! I sweat just thinking about it.

Nausinous 20-08-18 13:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by kazanova76brgr (Post 7953508)
THIS, thank you ! Not that hard to figure out...

I can wear two t shirts and ribcage doesn't alter that much :vlol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by WWETombRaider (Post 7953511)
Two layered vest in a humid tropical jungle. Ughh! I sweat just thinking about it.

Thanks for pointing this out, I now can't unsee how much a stupid design choice this is now. Also I've just realised that the new top has that horrible rib pattern that Anniversary did, is this an intentional nod or just another horrible design choice?

I know I was saying how horrible all of this constructive criticism is, but I can't help it, this isn't being negative or 'toxic' this is simply pointing out observable flaws in the game.

Vaskito 20-08-18 13:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nausinous (Post 7953512)
I can wear two t shirts and ribcage doesn't alter that much :vlol:

But you can see that it is the outfit + the angle that pic is from. Frontal + back pics don't show her as wide. Also, don't forget toned abs can make women look slightly less curvy as well

Mickybyrne20 20-08-18 13:13

YAY! I've been waiting for there review (haven't seen it yet)

Yeauxleaux 20-08-18 13:14

If the vest was padded her boobs wouldn't look so defined and "hugged" by the shirt tho...

@leomage I agree, as I've said I think classic Lara had a vague racial ambiguity about her that left her ancestry up to interpretation. Being half Maltese I saw a lot of my Mediterranean side's features in her and thought she looked Mediterranean or even Latina (which is also why I think they built her TR1 game models before they changed her from being Laura Cruz, and then just kept the model as it was).

I do wish she still looked like that for the sake of consistency.