www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

veigafd 11-09-18 23:48

Waiting over here with my little pink fish friends for 3 hours to get by and experience the defining moment as she becomes the tomb raider the destiny meant to give us.

amiro1989 11-09-18 23:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nausinous (Post 7973219)
Apologies for my outburst.

I had a **** day. Feel like crying. What can you do.

Sorry.

Onh, totally get ya! Your frustration is entirely understandable! We all go there sometimes.

Horus-Goddess 11-09-18 23:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac (Post 7973215)
A midnight release open the door to people using VPN for earlier releases, which is against Steam's ToU.

I mean, it's pretty much harmless and petty, but I wouldn't be surprised if major releases were met with certain constraints. It would explain the simultaneous release.

Ah... I had not thought of that. Well, I suppose it makes some sense but in the larger scheme of things it still seems kind of silly. It's only a few hours' time difference give or take. I don't know, I still don't like it. If anything they should've just let people know at least a week beforehand when it was going to actually be playable.

I don't have a lot of experience pre-ordering stuff on PC (or any platform), so I am not very familiar with Steam's typical practices surrounding such things.

Legends 11-09-18 23:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac (Post 7973215)
A midnight release open the door to people using VPN for earlier releases, which is against Steam's ToU.

I mean, it's pretty much harmless and petty, but I wouldn't be surprised if major releases were met with certain constraints. It would explain the simultaneous release.

Of course, so Steam makes sure it's well within the day of release to avoid things such as VPN's trickery? Maybe a better solution would be to just release the game at the same time regardless of time zones digitally. Or maybe not. :ponder:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baratheon (Post 7973218)
It's just what Steam does. It's to make sure games follow their ToS. It's honestly kind of common knowledge. :o

Edit: what Issac said! ^

I see. Well, I know now.

Quote:

Sorry.

Free hugs! :hug:

Yeauxleaux 12-09-18 00:00

Quote:

Sorry.

It's not unreasonable, you paid extra money for something that was advertised and they've failed to deliver on what you paid for, I'd be annoyed too.

I do find yet another cock-up on their part kind of funny at their expense, after the questionable promotion of the game we've had, but I do still sympathise with those of your who have been let down.

iWANEX 12-09-18 00:01

Just wanted to stop by and say that I’m loving the game so much.

Hazelphoenix 12-09-18 00:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by iWANEX (Post 7973248)
Just wanted to stop by and say that Iím loving the game so much.

You are playing :admles: have fun!

Gian Carlo 12-09-18 00:08

Need one last survival cache and one challenge to complete the game 100% and I canít find it. I hate myself.

iWANEX 12-09-18 00:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hazelphoenix (Post 7973254)
You are playing :admles: have fun!

Yes. Itís much better than I thought. It still plays as a reboot game but omg. By the way, the last pre-order outfit (the black and blue one) is so sporty and cool. Iím amazed by the graphics too. Even Laraís skin. The hair is the worst Iíve seen, though. Definitely worse than Rise and it needs to go.

Iím also loving Jonah a lot and his relationship with Lara. The documents so far are a must read, they give you a lot of cool info. Also, playing without hints is glorious.

Ugh, I canít put it down.

zelenick 12-09-18 00:11

Okay it's 2AM, why can't I still play the game on xbox one