www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

Emix 08-02-19 19:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by E.Carnby (Post 8038891)

3rd and 4th outfits are nice. And that's about it.
The rest is just... i don't have the right words to express how ugly they look. Especially seeing them side by side.

veigafd 08-02-19 19:05

They went Full force with the realism stuff, but only when they want it to do so.
It reminded me of a line that Nadine says to chloe in Lost legacy: "why you are using red in the middle of a jungle?"
TR seriously needs to be self aware that it's just a game again. The serious tone has gone way too much imo, we need more scenes like "happy retirement" and "I only play for sport"

E.Carnby 08-02-19 19:14

https://i.postimg.cc/MKdrFbR7/Jungle-expedition.jpg

We need more adventurer expedition suits. Short, jeans, pants, long pants, 3/4 pants, some sort of shirt and hat. I do not understand why EM kills the game.
They need sales, big sales. EM please, start making your players happy. Read discussions on twitter, facebook and game sites.

https://twitter.com/tombraider/statu...24923779809280

Cal20608 08-02-19 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by E.Carnby (Post 8038941)
https://i.postimg.cc/MKdrFbR7/Jungle-expedition.jpg

We need more adventurer expedition suits. Short, jeans, pants, long pants, 3/4 pants, some sort of shirt and hat.

It’s kinda weird they only added one hat with the “bird hood thing” ( I don’t remember the name.) And the kuklkan mask I liked the hats and hoods in rise and think they could be fun in shadow.
I’d like if we could choose if we want the hood up or down with the leather jacket or the remnant one as well

charmedangelin 08-02-19 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emix (Post 8038935)
3rd and 4th outfits are nice. And that's about it.
The rest is just... i don't have the right words to express how ugly they look. Especially seeing them side by side.

I agree, and even then none of the outfits are really exceptional to me. They're just something else in the game that I don't like.

veigafd 08-02-19 20:52

I only like 3 and 4 which are the only normal ones.
5 and 8 I don't feel nothing but my eyes doesn't melt to them like the rest do.
Actually I try to use all of the outfits even If I don't like It because my wallet screams in agony that my First pre order was a unknown surprise mess.

Costel 08-02-19 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by E.Carnby (Post 8038931)
Look at the real jungle expedition.

https://i.postimg.cc/MKdrFbR7/Jungle-expedition.jpg

Honestly I can not imagine tribal DLC suits that Lara dresses. Rock climbing, swimming underwater. Its only a game. Fun, entertainment.

You do realize that those men are actually wearing long pants, no? Sorry but this is not the best picture to prove your point.

https://gizmodo.com/what-to-wear-in-...gle-1708543984

„Shorts/Pants
You’re probably best off with a pair of full-length pants. My cut up, scraped, bug-bitten legs are testament to that. But I wore shorts just to maximize ventilation and freedom of movement.„


https://www.naturalworldsafaris.com/...-in-the-jungle

https://shershegoes.com/jungle-clothing/



https://www.travelfashiongirl.com/wh...on-rainforest/

„It may be incredibly hot in the Amazon, but with all those bugs, you`re not going to be wearing shorts very often
Bring a pair or two for bedtime and taking a dip in the Amazon River. Otherwise, make sure you`re wearing pants!

You`re also going to need to cover up from the bugs and rain. Long, loose-fitting pants are your best friend to hide from the mosquitos.„

https://myadventuresacrosstheworld.c...-packing-list/

„Long sleeve tops and pants are a must
Bugs, mice, mosquitoes, chiggers and other small parasites love the jungle as much as we do (possibly more). Such thick vegetation and humidity provide the perfect environment for them to thrive. This means two things: no matter how hot it is, forget about wearing tank tops, shorts and flip flops unless you like the idea of itching like like a mad man (your jungle clothes should all be long sleeve tops and pants); and wear a good insect repellent on any inch of skin that remains exposed.„

https://www.adventurealternative.com...ipment-advice/

Shorts are fine for trekking clothes, and most locals wear shorts but trousers do give you more protection from spiky branches, insects, and leeches. Avoid cotton, choose trekking pants or shorts that are designed to dry quickly and not rub.„

Yes, you can wear shorts in jungle but is not indicated.
Next time do your research better.

Samsdad 08-02-19 21:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Costel (Post 8038972)
You do realize that those men are actually wearing long pants, no? Sorry but this is not the best picture to prove your point.

https://gizmodo.com/what-to-wear-in-...gle-1708543984

„Shorts/Pants
You’re probably best off with a pair of full-length pants. My cut up, scraped, bug-bitten legs are testament to that. But I wore shorts just to maximize ventilation and freedom of movement.„


https://www.naturalworldsafaris.com/...-in-the-jungle

https://shershegoes.com/jungle-clothing/

https://www.travelfashiongirl.com/wh...on-rainforest/

„It may be incredibly hot in the Amazon, but with all those bugs, you`re not going to be wearing shorts very often
Bring a pair or two for bedtime and taking a dip in the Amazon River. Otherwise, make sure you`re wearing pants!

You`re also going to need to cover up from the bugs and rain. Long, loose-fitting pants are your best friend to hide from the mosquitos.„

https://myadventuresacrosstheworld.c...-packing-list/

„Long sleeve tops and pants are a must
Bugs, mice, mosquitoes, chiggers and other small parasites love the jungle as much as we do (possibly more). Such thick vegetation and humidity provide the perfect environment for them to thrive. This means two things: no matter how hot it is, forget about wearing tank tops, shorts and flip flops unless you like the idea of itching like like a mad man (your jungle clothes should all be long sleeve tops and pants); and wear a good insect repellent on any inch of skin that remains exposed.„

https://www.adventurealternative.com...ipment-advice/

Shorts are fine for trekking clothes, and most locals wear shorts but trousers do give you more protection from spiky branches, insects, and leeches. Avoid cotton, choose trekking pants or shorts that are designed to dry quickly and not rub.„

Yes, you can wear shorts in jungle but is not indicated.
Next time do your research better.

A voice of reason in the wilderness of dress-up fetish. Someone once said that there are those with true personalities and then there are those who try to manufacture them. IMO Lara falls into the first class and wears what works and does not worry about how it looks. There are some vocal folk that seem IMO worry too much about looks.

charmedangelin 08-02-19 21:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samsdad (Post 8038976)
A voice of reason in the wilderness of dress-up fetish. Someone once said that there are those with true personalities and then there are those who try to manufacture them. IMO Lara falls into the first class and wears what works and does not worry about how it looks. There are some vocal folk that seem IMO worry too much about looks.

Lara was always fashionable, she cared about having a good time and showing off.

Lara needs to look like Lara, but that would force them to objectify Lara again. :rolleyes:

Yuna´s Wish 08-02-19 21:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Costel (Post 8038972)
You do realize that those men are actually wearing long pants, no? Sorry but this is not the best picture to prove your point.

https://gizmodo.com/what-to-wear-in-...gle-1708543984

„Shorts/Pants
You’re probably best off with a pair of full-length pants. My cut up, scraped, bug-bitten legs are testament to that. But I wore shorts just to maximize ventilation and freedom of movement.„


https://www.naturalworldsafaris.com/...-in-the-jungle

https://shershegoes.com/jungle-clothing/



https://www.travelfashiongirl.com/wh...on-rainforest/

„It may be incredibly hot in the Amazon, but with all those bugs, you`re not going to be wearing shorts very often
Bring a pair or two for bedtime and taking a dip in the Amazon River. Otherwise, make sure you`re wearing pants!

You`re also going to need to cover up from the bugs and rain. Long, loose-fitting pants are your best friend to hide from the mosquitos.„

https://myadventuresacrosstheworld.c...-packing-list/

„Long sleeve tops and pants are a must
Bugs, mice, mosquitoes, chiggers and other small parasites love the jungle as much as we do (possibly more). Such thick vegetation and humidity provide the perfect environment for them to thrive. This means two things: no matter how hot it is, forget about wearing tank tops, shorts and flip flops unless you like the idea of itching like like a mad man (your jungle clothes should all be long sleeve tops and pants); and wear a good insect repellent on any inch of skin that remains exposed.„

https://www.adventurealternative.com...ipment-advice/

Shorts are fine for trekking clothes, and most locals wear shorts but trousers do give you more protection from spiky branches, insects, and leeches. Avoid cotton, choose trekking pants or shorts that are designed to dry quickly and not rub.„

Yes, you can wear shorts in jungle but is not indicated.
Next time do your research better.

As much as I love and agree with your post, I'll throw the obvious response:
"...ummm, ohh, yes, fine, but who cares about realism!? It's a VIDEOGAME. V-I-D-E..."


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:53.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.