www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   General Final Fantasy Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=86691)

Carbonek_0051 14-03-10 21:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phys (Post 4444513)
Yeah, its probably best to cool down for a bit and not get worked up over it :) Unfortunately for me, i'm having to have really long breaks as I can only play it on the downstairs TV. This means I can only play it on the night when my dad goes to bed, or when he is at work :mad:

Bummer. :/

Well, I am playing on a SDTV so I am not sure you should be too envious of me.:p
Quote:

Originally Posted by Legend of Lara (Post 4444516)
Yeah, well, I loved it. :( Opinions differ, I guessssssss...

Don't worry, I adored the gameplay of FFXII.:)

And, I got demolished by the stupid timer. I almost had the ****er too. Well, I am not touching the game until tomorrow now.:wve:

Phys 14-03-10 21:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbonek_0051 (Post 4444528)
Bummer. :/

Well, I am playing on a SDTV so I am not sure you should be too envious of me.:p

Don't worry, I adored the gameplay of FFXII.:)

And, I got demolished by the stupid timer. I almost had the ****er too. Well, I am not touching the game until tomorrow now.:wve:

I'm weirdly looking forward to the battle with Hecatoncheir now just to see what it's like :p

Ahhh 2 more hours to wait then I can go on FFXIII :D

toxicraider 14-03-10 21:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minty Mouth (Post 4444486)
I just didn't use him, haha :p

The most useless character ever, IMO.

I was of that opinion on my first playthrough, It meant I had a lot of training to do at Gagazet. But this time, I've trained him up from the start, and his attack is really good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phys (Post 4444513)
Agreed. Also the Lancet ability sucks :p The abilities he learns like the Seed Cannon really don't do enough damage.

I agree about Lancet being weak, and a bit lame (Drain is so much better), but maybe you never got him to learn Self-Destruct? So far it's been the strongest Character overdrive I've managed (9999 :cln:).

Speaking of which, is there a way of unlocking the 9999 limit?

Phys 14-03-10 22:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by toxicraider (Post 4444548)
I was of that opinion on my first playthrough, It meant I had a lot of training to do at Gagazet. But this time, I've trained him up from the start, and his attack is really good.

I agree about Lancet being weak, and a bit lame (Drain is so much better), but maybe you never got him to learn Self-Destruct? So far it's been the strongest Character overdrive I've managed (9999 :cln:).

Yes you need a 'Limit breaker' (I'm sure that's what it's called? It's been a long while since I played it)

*laralover* 14-03-10 22:05

Im dying alot more now :o Im farming Bethemoths 4000 CP :pi:

trlestew 14-03-10 22:11

I got Odin in FFXIII :D I died a few times at first, but the third try was real easy, maybe because I used haste :p Also upgraded all weapons to Lv.2

But yet I get killed by a bomb :/ No ice magic either.
Good thing is that I understand the battle system alot better :tmb: Story is getting quite interesting too.

Yuna´s Wish 14-03-10 22:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by toxicraider (Post 4444548)

The easiest way is to have the Celestial Weapons. Each character has a Celestial Weapon, a special weapon that can only be customized with certain key items. The seven CWs have "Break Damage Limit" as one of their qualities, so you can shatter the 9,999 HP barrier and reach the 99,999 HP damage per hit.

The other way is through the ordinary customize function, and I think (I don´t really remember) you require a certain quantity of Dark Matters to add that particular effect to your ordinary weapons. But the CWs are still better since, after all, they have the unique ability of ignoring the enemy´s defense.

EDIT: oh, by the way, Kimahri´s best ability is Mighty Guard.

toxicraider 14-03-10 22:17

Sorry DP, please delete. :o

toxicraider 14-03-10 22:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish (Post 4444584)
The easiest way is to have the Celestial Weapons. Each character has a Celestial Weapon, a special weapon that can only be customized with certain key items. The seven CWs have "Break Damage Limit" as one of their qualities, so you can shatter the 9,999 HP barrier and reach the 99,999 HP damage per hit.

The other way is through the ordinary customize function, and I think (I don´t really remember) you require a certain quantity of Dark Matters to add that particular effect to your ordinary weapons. But the CWs are still better since, after all, they have the unique ability of ignoring the enemy´s defense.

Oh cool.
I'm a long way off these yet though. :p
How much time do you spend exploring the map, say after beating Yunalesca, before you fight Sin? Is this to get CW's, hire Yojimbo etc. and beef up characters and Aeons?

I didn't get past Seymour Flux the first time I played. :o

Yuna´s Wish 14-03-10 22:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by toxicraider (Post 4444593)
Oh cool.
I'm a long way off these yet though. :p
How much time do you spend exploring the map, say after beating Yunalesca, before you fight Sin? Is this to get CW's, hire Yojimbo etc. and beef up characters and Aeons?

It depends on what you really want to do and how high you want to go.

There´re weapons that are easy to get, and there´re some that aren´t. And even if you get the weapons, you still have to get the items (Crests and Sigils) to customize them. The weapon quest, per se, is not be very lengthy...but you also have to work on other sidequests (like the Monster Hunting to get valuable items in the Calm Lands Arena) to complete it.

You might want to go get the extra aeons you´re missing first though. If I were you, I´d try to get Tidus CW (fully customized) and then go and get the aeons.