Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

Tommy123 21-10-12 02:08

Uncharted 3 was so damn boring.

I wonder if Tomb Raider can stack up to Uncharted's storytelling

just*raidin*tomb 21-10-12 02:08

[QUOTE=larafan25;6489478]Right, in UC2 can't the mercenaries stomp on ur hand when you try to pull them off a ledge? I think there might have been prompts there.

But there were definitely some prompts in the cargo hatch of the plane during that boss fight thingy in UC3.[/QUOTE]

I believe you're right. But I think it depends on the setting. There little to no prompts on hard/crushing.

Billy959 21-10-12 02:10

this game better hava anon-stop replay value,like arkham city had

larafan25 21-10-12 02:10

^I feel like this game would be the Arkham Asylum, and the second would be more full like Arkham City.

But then again CD did say "game of their careers" didn't they?

[QUOTE=MyRaider4Life;6489480][SIZE="5"][B]ur.[/B][/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"][B]ur.[/B][/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"][B]ur.[/B][/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"][B]ur.[/B][/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][B]ur.[/B][/SIZE]

what even. i am disappoint, larafan.[/QUOTE]

R U TOYS R US?

Or am eye toys R me?

[QUOTE=Tommy123;6489481]Uncharted 3 was so damn boring.

I wonder if Tomb Raider can stack up to Uncharted's storytelling[/QUOTE]

It was very...on rails-ish. Plus the player wasn't given much to do I think. As well it was really scene-by-scene.

I want Tomb Raider to be hub-by-hub, if that makes sense.

Id' rather the game be treated like an environment/ playground than a scene in which specific actions can happen at certain times.

[QUOTE=just*raidin*tomb;6489482]I believe you're right. But I think it depends on the setting. There little to no prompts on hard/crushing.[/QUOTE]

True.

But I don't think button prompts will be disabled in TR depending on difficulty. ._.

Though it's not like the game is about finding hidden stuff.

lcroft_lc 21-10-12 05:22

[QUOTE=Rai;6488917]*sigh* You guys are working yourselves up over nothing, right? This ad was for [I]two[/I] years ago - something that CD may have been considering at the time (and I believe they said they did consider it), but since they've said [B]no[/B] since then, this is what you listen to. It is not gonna happen for this game.

[URL="http://www.godisageek.com/2012/10/tomb-raider-interview-community-communications-manager-meagan-marie/"]recent Meagan interview[/URL][/QUOTE]

[LIST=1][*]Meagan also said she didn't see many things yet. In the January Podcast with Brian Horton and someone else, she said she doesn't have access to many parts of the CrystalD office. :D[*]Meagan said she is one of us. So he knows as much as we do. The Multiplayer demo she didn't see, so she says no. :p[*]Karl said it pretty clear last month that there will be a new feature in Tomb Raider,[/LIST][QUOTE]Karl Stewart: As we know now, we’re planning our next big PR drop, and we want to make sure that we maximize the amount of exposure as much as possible. As a result of that, we have to quadruple the amount of people who’ll be out there talking. [B]You’ll start to hear from a lot of people, including Dan Bisson[/B], who as people may remember stood up on stage there with Darrell and demo’d the game. [B]Dan came in probably a little over a year ago or thereabouts from Montreal. He’s worked on a ton of games, from Assassin’s Creed to Rainbow Six. He’s working on one specific feature, which we’ll start talking about later on.[/B] He’s from back in the days on Assassin’s Creed. He’s brought a wealth of experience, and he’s the type of person I want to be out there now, talking and making sure that he communicates a lot of the features and a lot of the systems that we haven’t gotten under the hood on.[/QUOTE]

just*raidin*tomb 21-10-12 05:28

That line particularly is suspicious.

However, Meagan is one of us in the sense that she is tomb raider fan only...but she knows far more than we do. I mean she's probably played the entire game already tbh. She knows what the game is about because it's her job as community manager to... know about it.

I mean she works there. .__.

The1andOnlyTR 21-10-12 05:32

[QUOTE=just*raidin*tomb;6489582]That line particularly is suspicious.

However, Meagan is one of us in the sense that she is tomb raider fan only...but she knows far more than we do. I mean she's probably played the entire game already tbh. She knows what the game is about because it's her job as community manager to... know about it.

I mean she works there. .__.[/QUOTE]

Oh, she has. She told us at NYCC. She's very good at not spoiling anything. :p :pi:

lcroft_lc 21-10-12 05:47

[QUOTE=klona;6489006]By the way guys, we've reached page 2012. :pi: (now 2014)[/QUOTE]

Yay! I started the page 2012. :yah:

[QUOTE=just*raidin*tomb;6489582]That line particularly is suspicious.

I mean she works there. .__.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I bet she played the entire SP campaign, might be multiplayer as well. ;)

[QUOTE=Rai;6489323]Definition of Entirely:

From: [URL="http://kids.britannica.com/comptons/dictionary?va=Entirely&x=15&y=5"]Here[/URL]

With regards to this:

:cool:[/QUOTE]

What the definition of 'SOON' according to that site? :p

[QUOTE=Tommy123;6489346]I wanna play Sam in multiplayer[/QUOTE]

Can you imagine how her eyes are moving with the camera and you almost see nothing because of her moving eyes? :p

Tommy123 21-10-12 06:15

Her eye should be a separate multiplayer character.

lcroft_lc 21-10-12 06:42

[QUOTE=Tommy123;6489600]Her eye should be a separate multiplayer character.[/QUOTE]
No, it should be a separate DLC option. ;)

italibabee 21-10-12 14:18

[CENTER][COLOR="Purple"]:vlol:
What special move does the eye perform?[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Adrenaline 21-10-12 15:04

I wonder what kind of easter eggs there are in this game. I know there was Willson from Cast Away in the demo.

amiro1989 21-10-12 15:10

[QUOTE=lcroft_lc;6489580][LIST=1][*]Meagan also said she didn't see many things yet. In the January Podcast with Brian Horton and someone else, she said she doesn't have access to many parts of the CrystalD office. :D[*]Meagan said she is one of us. So he knows as much as we do. The Multiplayer demo she didn't see, so she says no. :p[*]Karl said it pretty clear last month that there will be a new feature in Tomb Raider,[/LIST][/QUOTE]

And they said in the job description, that the person applying for this position had to connect CD with Eidos Montreal (I guess it means going back and forth Montreal-California). Ding ding we have a winner.

lcroft_lc 21-10-12 15:17

And that shows why Karl had to do loads of traveling. :jmp:

Love2Raid 21-10-12 15:20

[QUOTE=amiro1989;6490063]And they said in the job description, that the person applying for this position had to connect CD with Eidos Montreal (I guess it means going back and forth Montreal-California). Ding ding we have a winner.[/QUOTE]
Yes, external development/other studio. :D

Can't believe that with all this info we've got, there are [I]still[/I] people who think there won't be MP. :pi:

CBS_TombRaider 21-10-12 15:33

[QUOTE=Love2Raid;6490087]Yes, external development/other studio. :D

Can't believe that with all this info we've got, there are [I]still[/I] people who think there won't be MP. :pi:[/QUOTE]

I'll rub it in your face if there ain't none :pi:
I wouldn't mind it being in the game, but I doubt it'll be. I dunno :p

Lukass 21-10-12 15:35

The multiplayer crap is still being discussed? I can't.

renspyro 21-10-12 15:37

[QUOTE=Lukass;6490110]The multiplayer crap is still being discussed? I can't.[/QUOTE]

Agreed... Enough of that please :hea:

lcroft_lc 21-10-12 15:42

[QUOTE=Lukass;6490110]The multiplayer crap is still being discussed? I can't.[/QUOTE]
Yes because the announcement is coming soon. Can't wait. :jmp: :jmp: :jmp:

Lukass 21-10-12 15:49

[QUOTE=lcroft_lc;6490117]Yes because the announcement is coming soon. Can't wait. :jmp: :jmp: :jmp:[/QUOTE]

I can't take you seriously. Not anymore. You're funny.

Love2Raid 21-10-12 15:57

I think they might announce it closer to release date, or perhaps during the cover reveal? Who knows? :D
[QUOTE=italibabee;6489979][CENTER][COLOR="Purple"]:vlol:
What special move does the eye perform?[/COLOR][/CENTER][/QUOTE]
Auto-lock on the iconic 'oranges' (helps to find these rare items that can be used as grenades XD). :p

Adrenaline 21-10-12 16:23

I wonder...multiplayer?...

italibabee 21-10-12 16:30

[CENTER][COLOR="Purple"][QUOTE=Love2Raid;6490141]
Auto-lock on the iconic 'oranges' (helps to find these rare items that can be used as grenades XD). :p[/QUOTE]

xD
Love it.[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Tonyrobinson 21-10-12 16:36

[QUOTE=lcroft_lc;6490081]And that shows why Karl had to do loads of traveling. :jmp:[/QUOTE]

Or you know that could be because he is a [B][U]GLOBAL[/U][/B] brand director. :p

lcroft_lc 21-10-12 16:45

[QUOTE=Lukass;6490127]I can't take you seriously. Not anymore. You're funny.[/QUOTE]

No, I'm the guy who loves to say facts! :ton:

[QUOTE=Tonyrobinson;6490190]Or you know that could be because he is a [B][U]GLOBAL[/U][/B] brand director. :p[/QUOTE]

Huh!

amiro1989 21-10-12 16:46

Mr. Bisson worked on the multiplayer of the titles our dear Karl mentionned, can he be more clear? I don't think so....! :D

italibabee 21-10-12 16:48

[CENTER][COLOR="Purple"]It's exciting!
I can see a multiplayer mode where it's oranges vs. apples.*[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Tonyrobinson 21-10-12 16:49

[QUOTE=lcroft_lc;6490199]

Huh![/QUOTE]

Well the title suggests that it is because he travels around the Globe to secure brand related deals. :p

However I'll admit Bisson's involvement seems to signal a shred of evidence. :)

TippingWater 21-10-12 17:02

[QUOTE=amiro1989;6490201]Mr. Bisson worked on the multiplayer of the titles our dear Karl mentionned, can he be more clear? I don't think so....! :D[/QUOTE]

Let's not forget that CD still have 2 unannounced new IPs, just throwing that in :whi:..

Love2Raid 21-10-12 17:33

[QUOTE=TippingWater;6490233]Let's not forget that CD still have 2 unannounced new IPs, just throwing that in :whi:..[/QUOTE]
Here is the job ad again:

[QUOTE=larafan25;6488857]
edit: OH OH OH OH owoahooo awowow ahhwawooo

[IMG]http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu356/larafan25/tombraidermultiplayerkzl4.png[/IMG][/QUOTE]
[QUOTE]
work on the new [B]Tomb Raider[/B][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://26.media.tumblr.com/BL9LO6RQMqzqj3ohlnT1oTcMo1_250.gif[/IMG]

larafan25 21-10-12 17:37

Plus the website icons are totes for the TR website.

Soul 21-10-12 17:49

I still hope that there won't be multiplayer in TR - would completely ruin my experience -.-

SpyrosMonster 21-10-12 17:50

[QUOTE=Soul;6490328]I still hope that there won't be multiplayer in TR - would completely ruin my experience -.-[/QUOTE]

And why would that happen?

larafan25 21-10-12 17:50

[QUOTE=Soul;6490328]I still hope that there won't be multiplayer in TR - would completely ruin my experience -.-[/QUOTE]

Like every time I open my door I have to check for mail.

****ing mailbox.

Zebra 21-10-12 17:53

[QUOTE=Rai;6488917]*sigh* You guys are working yourselves up over nothing, right? This ad was for [I]two[/I] years ago - something that CD may have been considering at the time (and I believe they said they did consider it), but since they've said [B]no[/B] since then, this is what you listen to. It is not gonna happen for this game.

[URL="http://www.godisageek.com/2012/10/tomb-raider-interview-community-communications-manager-meagan-marie/"]recent Meagan interview[/URL][/QUOTE]

It's happened before. Developers outright said that there wouldn't be multiplayer (or another specific feature) in a game only to reveal it a few months later. We shouldn't trust everything CD say.

LNSNHGTDS 21-10-12 18:31

This, I just can't understand why some even want multiplayer in TR! It's so unTR! And who would be the second player? I know we have lots of people from the Endurance but they 'll propably die so it still wouldn't make sense.

SpyrosMonster 21-10-12 18:34

Υοu guys just don't get it. I love the reboot idea and I love the Multiplayer idea It won't ruin anything as you guys say.
If you don't like it then you don't have to play it. I can't tell how a multiplayer mode will ruin the single play mode.
We need something different and new.

tomee 21-10-12 18:35

[QUOTE=LNSNHGTDS;6490423]This, I just can't understand why some even want multiplayer in TR! It's so unTR! And who would be the second player? I know we have lots of people from the Endurance but they 'll propably die so it still wouldn't make sense.[/QUOTE]

It's not co-op multiplayer.
And for all we know everyone (Besides Steph lol) could survive the island.

LNSNHGTDS 21-10-12 18:36

[QUOTE=SpyrosMonster;6490431]Υοu guys just don't get it. I love the reboot idea and I love the Multiplayer idea It won't ruin anything as you guys say.
If you don't like it then you don't have to play it. I can't tell how a multiplayer mode will ruin the single play mode.
We need something different and new.[/QUOTE]

Now now, I'm not saying I won't play it :whi: :p ...

I just find it weird, that's all, and we still don't have a second player! And no, different skins for Lara is not an option!

tampi 21-10-12 18:37

This whole thing reminds me of the joke of the flask(petaca).