Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider II (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   New patch, texture modding tool and mod manager for TR II (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=208815)

TRJTA 23-01-15 08:43

I still can't get it to work :( I read the help file thoroughly, but the texture just stays white. Can you please explain step by step how you make it work?

AODfan 23-01-15 10:32

[QUOTE=Peixoto;7265776]You're doing it?[/QUOTE]

I could upload it once I'm done :)
Would it be possible to have different texture packs in the Mods folder so you could easily change them with a couple of clicks? (like in glidos for example)

[QUOTE=TRJTA;7265896]I still can't get it to work :( I read the help file thoroughly, but the texture just stays white. Can you please explain step by step how you make it work?[/QUOTE]

Make sure you have the untouched textures in the Dumps folder and your edited textures under the same name in the Replacements folder

TRJTA 23-01-15 12:54

[QUOTE=AODfan;7265919]I could upload it once I'm done :)
Would it be possible to have different texture packs in the Mods folder so you could easily change them with a couple of clicks? (like in glidos for example)

Make sure you have the untouched textures in the Dumps folder and your edited textures under the same name in the Replacements folder[/QUOTE]

I did, it still doesn't work :S

AODfan 23-01-15 13:14

What I did is run the game in devmode and export the textures. Then I copied them over to the Replacements folder (so I have them in both folders)
I only edited the textures in the Replacements folder. If you have dump._dds in your dumps folder either delete it or run Compiler.exe again. The game ignores all textures if this file is present.

The Great Chi 23-01-15 14:11

The dump0.dds even after using splitter5 is not opening as a texture.

I tried GIMP 2.6 to open the texture and its says unknown file type?

GIMP should open the texture :confused:

What paint program are you using to change or modify dds?

AODfan 23-01-15 14:30

I used [URL="https://code.google.com/p/gimp-dds/"]this[/URL] dds plugin for GIMP to open them :)

The Great Chi 23-01-15 14:35

[QUOTE=AODfan;7266022]I used [URL="https://code.google.com/p/gimp-dds/"]this[/URL] dds plugin for GIMP to open them :)[/QUOTE]

EDIT....I am now totally stuck. I have changed textures, and have them in the replacements folder, and taken all the original textures out of the dumps folder, Also changed 'True' back to 'false' to get rid of dump textures box in the top left corner, ran the tomb2fix.exe, and its just the same old textures.

There is a lack of instructions here, the help information does not go into detail, so makes it very difficult to understand. We need step by step instructions.

Dustie 23-01-15 15:55

[QUOTE=Peixoto;7265776]Run the game's setup, select the resolution, than start the game: it will be at the correct aspect ratio. Help.exe has all the info you need, including a shortcut to start the game's setup[/QUOTE]

Looks like I managed to get it to work. However, Tomb2Fix still doesn't see my savegame data from the main game directory... do I have to copy them over or otherwise it won't read them?

Peixoto 23-01-15 16:06

[QUOTE=TRJTA;7265896]I still can't get it to work :( I read the help file thoroughly, but the texture just stays white. Can you please explain step by step how you make it work?[/QUOTE]

If the texture is white, good, the patch recognized the texture that must be replaced but failed to load the replacement, check the format your using for replacements: the patch accepts dds textures in X1R5G5B5, R5G6B5, A1R5G5B5 and A8R8G8B8 formats, if the texture doesn't load: (keep an eye on the console (in devmode), it will print an error.

[QUOTE=The Great Chi;7266027]Thanks :tmb:

EDIT....I am now totally stuck. I have changed textures, and have them in the replacements folder, and taken all the original textures out of the dumps folder, Also changed 'True' back to 'false' to get rid of dump textures box in the top left corner, ran the tomb2fix.exe, and its just the same old textures.

There is a lack of instructions here, the help information does not go into detail, so makes it very difficult to understand. We need step by step instructions.[/QUOTE]

The original textures must remain in the dumps folder: unless you compile them. Also if you dump another texture, you must compile all textures again.

Peixoto 23-01-15 16:07

[QUOTE=Dustie;7266070]Looks like I managed to get it to work. However, Tomb2Fix still doesn't see my savegame data from the main game directory... do I have to copy them over or otherwise it won't read them?[/QUOTE]

That was not supposed to happen, try to put your saves in the mods directory

Can it create new saves ?