www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

:}hello friend 19-10-12 22:47

Leaked video? WHERE :O

just*raidin*tomb 19-10-12 22:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peep Show (Post 6487774)
Do you guys have the leaked video in HD or what? mine is pretty MQ so the facial animations aren't that visible.

The one I downloaded was pretty HD, but I have since lost it and don't know where I got it from.

The only facial animation that really looks a bit off to me is at the campfire, when she's talking to Roth on the radio, but seriously. Look at your face when you talk, or just observe faces when they talk. Some peoples' don't move that much. Especially when they have skinny/young faces.

If that makes sense.

Valentino 19-10-12 23:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by just*raidin*tomb (Post 6487793)
Some peoples' don't move that much. Especially when they have skinny/young faces.

If that makes sense.

And if your freezing cold.
If the scene with Sam has great facial movement then why are we worried the whole game isn't going to be like that?? People, use your common sense, if that scene looks good then it must have been animated a bit, so the other cutscenes will too. I hope :pi:

January_Snow* 19-10-12 23:44

I remembered something that people forgot it seems.
What about Multiplayer? :confused: No one on the forum mentions it, and CD didn't say anything about it either... So what's up with that part of the game?

Lukass 19-10-12 23:46

*Like Lara in the caves*

"Ugh, not this again".

larafan25 19-10-12 23:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by January_Snow* (Post 6487826)
I remembered something that people forgot it seems.
What about Multiplayer? :confused: No one on the forum mentions it, and CD didn't say anything about it either... So what's up with that part of the game?

CD said "no".

Although it took them long enough which to me seems sketchy.

Especially considering the job ad from 2010 and they recently mentioned someone who is working on a yet-to-be-announced feature of the game.

So. :/

Rai 19-10-12 23:54

I don't think there's anything sketchy going on. It's possible (and I think they've said too) that they considered the possibility, but obviously changed their minds. That ad was from two years ago. But, more that one CD employee has sad no, more than once. Thinking about and doing are two different things.

Lara holic 20-10-12 00:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linoshi Croft (Post 6487720)
I find this amusing, as what I've seen so far of this "motion capture" is a mess and her face barley moves. I seriously think TRU facial expression were better. Now, look at Enslaved Odyssey To The West. NOW! That's amazingly done facial and body motion capture.

so true, Ninja Theory's games are superb in terms of facial animations just look at Heavenly Sword, and as you said Enslaved also the new dmc, they are paying so much attention to the animations level of details which is miles away from what TR have, I think CD are just focusing on body motion capture only, and to tell you the truth, after playing L.A. Noire, I think the rest of the games are crap in terms of facial animations.

January_Snow* 20-10-12 00:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6487830)
CD said "no".

Although it took them long enough which to me seems sketchy.

Especially considering the job ad from 2010 and they recently mentioned someone who is working on a yet-to-be-announced feature of the game.

So. :/

Thanks, I didn't know this, oh well a multiplayer would be nice, I always wanted to compete in the same game with other raiders, but what do you do.

Tear 20-10-12 02:58

Just to add to the "I don't think Lara's facial motion capture looks good enough" - This is what I want from TR:


larafan25 20-10-12 03:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by January_Snow* (Post 6487861)
Thanks, I didn't know this, oh well a multiplayer would be nice, I always wanted to compete in the same game with other raiders, but what do you do.

I'm sure we'll see it some day, maybe the next game.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tear (Post 6487971)
Just to add to the "I don't think Lara's facial motion capture looks good enough" - This is what I want from TR:

Ro6_uXiJGdg

Yes, Heavenly Sword IS the benchmark.

MAINLY for acting. <3

lcroft_lc 20-10-12 03:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 6487496)
@Lcroft_lc, is this a new podcast or an older one?

Its from July's Comic-Con one. This month it will be #15.

just*raidin*tomb 20-10-12 03:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tear (Post 6487971)
Just to add to the "I don't think Lara's facial motion capture looks good enough" - This is what I want from TR:


That is very impressive.

Only TR lover 20-10-12 06:15

I really don't like the bear trap scene. She screams but her face doesn't move... Except eyebrows and mouth. Doesn't look good at all. :(

LNSNHGTDS 20-10-12 06:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tear (Post 6487971)
Just to add to the "I don't think Lara's facial motion capture looks good enough" - This is what I want from TR:


They do look more realistic but they also look a lot uglier than they should too! I don't want this on Lara!

As for the acting in this game I think it looks a bit cheesy but that's just me.

Tommy123 20-10-12 06:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tear (Post 6487971)
Just to add to the "I don't think Lara's facial motion capture looks good enough" - This is what I want from TR:


Heavily sword is such a masterpeice

TippingWater 20-10-12 07:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Only TR lover (Post 6488088)
I really don't like the bear trap scene. She screams but her face doesn't move... Except eyebrows and mouth. Doesn't look good at all. :(

I agree and I do not think that it is Camilla's fault.

LNSNHGTDS 20-10-12 07:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by TippingWater (Post 6488111)
I agree and I do not think that it is Camilla's fault.

Camilla and Lara are flawless so it's propably your ears' fault :ohn: !

:p

TippingWater 20-10-12 07:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 6488112)
Camilla and Lara are flawless so it's propably your ears' fault :ohn: !

:p

What are you on about? We were talking about the quality of the motion capture technique used.

LNSNHGTDS 20-10-12 07:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by TippingWater (Post 6488113)
What are you on about? We were talking about the quality of the motion capture technique used.

I know, I'm just kidding :p !

Anyway, her face does look a little weird sometimes, like when she gets those "stonned" facial expressions but I think she was good at the bear trap part.

TippingWater 20-10-12 07:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 6488114)
I know, I'm just kidding :p !

Anyway, her face does look a little weird sometimes, like when she gets those "stonned" facial expressions but I think she was good at the bear trap part.

Aw :hug:. Ok :D.

LNSNHGTDS 20-10-12 07:49

OMG look!

https://d1ncmqs035wa42.cloudfront.ne..._999_large.jpg

trfanX34 20-10-12 07:55

You are a bit late, we already have a thread for that :pi: :p

LNSNHGTDS 20-10-12 10:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by trfanX34 (Post 6488135)
You are a bit late, we already have a thread for that :pi: :p

Yeah, that happens a lot :p ...

yaron 20-10-12 13:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tear (Post 6487971)
Just to add to the "I don't think Lara's facial motion capture looks good enough" - This is what I want from TR:


+1

Only TR lover 20-10-12 16:27

Video from Gamescom uploaded some time ago... Don't think it has been posted. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btBv0ZmLZU8&sns=em

Valentino 20-10-12 17:17

I was playing Underworld seconds ago to see if the graphics looked the same as Tomb Raiders. They don't. Tomb Raiders look hella a lot better. And Underworld had some, SOME, great graphics. But my god. I dont remember the bugy camera and controls being that bad in Underworld. I cant wait to control the new Lara about and enjoy the movement and fluidity.

klona 20-10-12 17:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valentino (Post 6488746)
I was playing Underworld seconds ago to see if the graphics looked the same as Tomb Raiders. They don't. Tomb Raiders look hella a lot better. And Underworld had some, SOME, great graphics. But my god. I dont remember the bugy camera and controls being that bad in Underworld. I cant wait to control the new Lara about and enjoy the movement and fluidity.

Tomb Raiders?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Only TR lover (Post 6488666)
Video from Gamescom uploaded some time ago... Don't think it has been posted. :)

You better remove this link because of the swear in it's title.

Phlip 20-10-12 18:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by klona (Post 6488759)
Tomb Raiders?

In the new Tomb Raider's.

larafan25 20-10-12 18:31

I have to post this:

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/u...5/P1000324.jpg

How badly do I want tombs like that in the game, with tome timed and tricky platforming but without magnetism!

God that would be magical to come across in a hub.

edit: OH OH OH OH owoahooo awowow ahhwawooo

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/u...playerkzl4.png

just*raidin*tomb 20-10-12 18:41

UM

WAT

IS THIS REAL life

larafan25 20-10-12 18:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by just*raidin*tomb (Post 6488868)
UM

WAT

IS THIS REAL life

It's from freaking 2010 fer goodness sakes.

Plus

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/u...5/lalaohsh.png

It's so much harder to deny when you look at it.

UG

I just can't wait to play with U GUYS!

just*raidin*tomb 20-10-12 18:45

There is multiplayer. There has to be.

larafan25 20-10-12 18:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by just*raidin*tomb (Post 6488879)
There is multiplayer. There has to be.

First Camilla

Now Multiplayer

Yes.

Not to mention other devs had said no multiplayer before revealing it.

lcroft_lc 20-10-12 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6488857)
How badly do I want tombs like that in the game, with tome timed and tricky platforming but without magnetism!

God that would be magical to come across in a hub.

edit: OH OH OH OH owoahooo awowow ahhwawooo

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/u...playerkzl4.png

And they had the following two descriptions on this site but now its been taken down:

Quote:

Sr Game Designer Multi Player

Game Designer Multi-Player

Responsibilities

Responsible for the overall multi player design vision for the game
Responsible for being a liaison to our partner studio in Montreal
Act as producer for levels you design, as well as other parts of the game, collaborating across disciplines to get work done and clear dependencies, ensuring deadlines are met, and championing aspects of the game play
Work directly with artists, programmers, animators and other game designers to contribute to the vision of the game
Responsible for all aspects of multi-player game design including co-op, player vs. player, and creation of maps and environments

Requirements & Skills

Experience designing multi-player levels for console games
Minimum 5 years of game design experience with at least 2-3 in multi-player
Strong methodology and problem solving ability and with a focus on creative, fun and innovative solutions
Excellent communication skills and problem solving
Strong experience with both system and level design
Exceptional team player with the ability to collaborate with other team members in design, art, animation and programming
Willingness to take design direction when offered
Understands the competitive landscape of the action adventure genre
Very good working knowledge of Maya
Experience of developing third-person action games
A passion for video games and an avid gamer
Ability to travel up to 50%
Quote:

Producer Multi Player

Producer Multi-Player

Crystal Dynamics is looking for a talented, enthusiastic, and highly organized individual with demonstrable project management experience to take on a major production role in the multi-player part of an upcoming action adventure title. For this role, we are looking for an individual with outstanding communication skills and a proven track record in production, having successfully produced or managed a team designing multi-player parts of an AAA title.

This Producer will work in support of the Executive Producer to coordinate, track, and guide activities of the multi-player staff to ensure that projects are completed on time and with high quality. Exposure to formal project management techniques in an internal development environment is a must as well as knowing how to lead a team toward milestone achievements..

Responsibilities:

•Works with Executive Producer and leads in each discipline to determine resources necessary to see projects through to completion.
•Coordinates tracks and manages the activities of the team to ensure that project tasks are completed on time.
•Provides motivation and direction to ensure that project goals, objectives, milestones and deliverables are achieved.
•Contributes to a positive work environment.
•Help provide leadership and vision for the multi-player side of the title, working with the Executive Producer, Sr producers, and Creative Director.
•Other duties as assigned.

Requirements:

•Experience producing the multi-player parts of a AAA title including creation of maps, player vs. player, and co-op.
•Ability to communicate effectively and mediate between programming, art, animation and design personnel.
•Internal and External development experience
•Experience managing teams and delivering products on time.
•Knowledge of software development process and project management.
•Proven experience managing schedules and design requirements to implement multi-player features.
•Aggressiveness in finding new ways to problem-solve and work with resolutions.
•Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative.
•Ability to travel up to 50%
•Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
•A passion for video games and an understanding of the competitive landscape

larafan25 20-10-12 18:51

Thank you for posting that, but I haven't read it all, because I a screaming right now, at about the "player vs. player" part.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Lukass 20-10-12 18:53

OMG :vlol:

lcroft_lc 20-10-12 18:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6488891)
Thank you for posting that, but I haven't read it all, because I a screaming right now, at about the "player vs. player" part.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Welcome. LOL about your excitement level. :p

just*raidin*tomb 20-10-12 18:54

1 on 1 multiplayer sounds awwwesome.

I'm dying. The evidence is too overwhelming.

larafan25 20-10-12 18:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by just*raidin*tomb (Post 6488900)
1 on 1 multiplayer sounds awwwesome.

I'm dying. The evidence is too overwhelming.

It said 1 on 1!?

EHK

Are we sure that big description is from the time the other TR-related MP things were posted?


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:07.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.