www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Modding (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Legend/Anniversary Mesh Modding is here (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=226220)

CircusBabysGal 26-07-21 11:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zolee (Post 8311840)
I would love to play legend with that pre-alpha Lara version. We have the official texture of that hair and the braid, I can't believe we don't have the model either. Actually there are several XNA Lara mods that are very close to this Lara, isnt that possible to import those?

Probably! It was possible for Raq to import the TRU Model and some random irrelevant game character, maybe someone can import one of those XNA Models :)

LuckyEdge10 26-07-21 11:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by CircusBabysGal (Post 8311901)
some random irrelevant game character

Psst: mods don't have to make sense :whi: and porting characters from other games is very fun.

CircusBabysGal 26-07-21 15:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyEdge10 (Post 8311906)
Psst: mods don't have to make sense :whi: and porting characters from other games is very fun.

I was just being sassy:D

Mac Daddy 19-08-21 19:15

Quick Question
 
Do you think that this could be used to mod more than Lara's model? I was just wondering if it could be possible to mod the levels in the future.

LuckyEdge10 19-08-21 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac Daddy (Post 8316265)
Do you think that this could be used to mod more than Lara's model? I was just wondering if it could be possible to mod the levels in the future.

No, the format in which levels are written is different from character models. But TheIndra is working on making some kind of TR Legend/Anniversary level editor

Zolee 23-08-21 12:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyEdge10 (Post 8316293)
No, the format in which levels are written is different from character models. But TheIndra is working on making some kind of TR Legend/Anniversary level editor

Wow! That would be cool!

TheIndra 23-08-21 20:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyEdge10 (Post 8316293)
No, the format in which levels are written is different from character models. But TheIndra is working on making some kind of TR Legend/Anniversary level editor

There is no level editor yet but there has been some progress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB9Cka2SOHc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3sjmDiq8BE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwYkW2KWn7Y

Zolee 23-08-21 20:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheIndra (Post 8317263)

Thats a good start :tmb: Can't wait to see more of your progress

Olympus_Mons 24-08-21 16:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheIndra (Post 8317263)

Dang, fantastic stuff both!! Excited to see more. Thank you for your perseverance with it, no doubt it's been a long and stressful road so far!

BengRaider 07-09-21 02:37

is there anything interesting:)

[Xmas] 07-09-21 20:25

Wow you guys are legends for making so much progress with model swapping. Never thought I'd get to live long enough to see someone actually replace Lara's model without it making the game crash lol.

Will you release the tools to the public at some point?

LuckyEdge10 10-09-21 12:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by [Xmas] (Post 8319372)
Wow you guys are legends for making so much progress with model swapping. Never thought I'd get to live long enough to see someone actually replace Lara's model without it making the game crash lol.

Will you release the tools to the public at some point?

There are no tools for model swapping, it is done manually via hex editing.

Model swapping is only useful to switch between player Legend Lara/player Anniversary Lara anyway, because they're the only ones sharing the same bone order for the animations to work correctly.

Irastris is working on a Blender add-on to export custom models to the format to make the process automatic. Though he's very busy with work and these are the current limits:

- only 1 weight per vertex (game limit is 2, but we still have to add the code to write the second weight)

- only 1 mesh, so only one material (not possible at the moment to add hair with alpha channel, for example)

- only possible to mod Anniversary Lara for now, but porting to other instances is very easy with hex editing

- 21850 vertices limit for the whole model (this limit might stay forever since it seems like the engine just crashes if your model has more vertices)

[Xmas] 10-09-21 13:38

I see, thank you for clearing that up then! :)

So, the Blender add-on Irastris is working on would export the custom model(s) as GNC files which could then be imported into Noesis and replace existing GNC models stored in .drm files (e.g. lara.drm)? Once that's done, you'd repack the newly modified .drm and use TheIndra55's TR Menu Hook to load it in-game? Sorry if I'm spewing nonsense here, my knowledge in regards to modding LAU is somewhat limited and I'm just trying to get a general idea of how the process works. I have no prior experience with hex editing whatsoever :o

I did notice while playing around with some extracted .drm files that TRL/TRA models appear to be stored in GNC files while textures take the PCD format. Did you use Irastris's Blender plugin to create the AoD Lara .drm file for Anniversary or was that done through some hex magic? And the playable Anaya mod for Legend?

LuckyEdge10 10-09-21 18:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by [Xmas] (Post 8319923)
I see, thank you for clearing that up then! :)

So, the Blender add-on Irastris is working on would export the custom model(s) as GNC files which could then be imported into Noesis and replace existing GNC models stored in .drm files (e.g. lara.drm)? Once that's done, you'd repack the newly modified .drm and use TheIndra55's TR Menu Hook to load it in-game? Sorry if I'm spewing nonsense here, my knowledge in regards to modding LAU is somewhat limited and I'm just trying to get a general idea of how the process works. I have no prior experience with hex editing whatsoever :o

Yes that's totally correct. The add-on will export the model to .GNC, then you drag and drop it inside an extracted .drm archive and repack it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [Xmas] (Post 8319923)
I did notice while playing around with some extracted .drm files that TRL/TRA models appear to be stored in GNC files while textures take the PCD format. Did you use Irastris's Blender plugin to create the AoD Lara .drm file for Anniversary or was that done through some hex magic?

The AoD Lara mod version was entirely made by me with hex editing, though that's just for the default outfit (shorts). I ported the other outfits using his add-on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [Xmas] (Post 8319923)
And the playable Anaya mod for Legend?

That was also entirely made by me, and it required quite a lot of effort because Anaya's bone order does not match with Lara, I had to basically write a .GNC file from scratch myself with hex editing

Ameliorator 13-09-21 08:46

Hey there, I just want to start by saying this is amazing. Iíve been keeping up with this since it was first posted and Iím really impressed. I wanted to ask about something: I saw that SteveOfWarr had used the AoD Lara mesh for Anniversary Lara on his Anniversary stream. How was he able to do that? He didnít go into any detail about it in the video so I thought I should ask here

CircusBabysGal 15-09-21 16:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ameliorator (Post 8320278)
Hey there, I just want to start by saying this is amazing. Iíve been keeping up with this since it was first posted and Iím really impressed. I wanted to ask about something: I saw that SteveOfWarr had used the AoD Lara mesh for Anniversary Lara on his Anniversary stream. How was he able to do that? He didnít go into any detail about it in the video so I thought I should ask here

Raq released an early wip mod of the AoD Mesh in TRA, you can find it in their Twitter :) @Raq238

Ameliorator 16-09-21 11:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by CircusBabysGal (Post 8320769)
Raq released an early wip mod of the AoD Mesh in TRA, you can find it in their Twitter :) @Raq238

Ah okay thank you for letting me know :)

CircusBabysGal 03-10-21 15:33

I AM SHOOK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NapmI5Yqeg4


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:00.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.