www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Future of Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Do you agree with the criticisms? (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=223380)

Tomb Raidering 02-09-19 08:27

Do you agree with the criticisms?
 
I know that some of the things he talks about are only for the fun, but he points out important stuff too. Do you agree with him or not?



Cochrane 02-09-19 08:35

Will watch the videos later after work, but one quick comment: “Everything wrong with” videos were better when they were five minutes instead of the ten to twenty that are common now. They changed from fun moments of “huh” and “oh yeah right” to just nitpicking.

jhons0529 02-09-19 14:37

1st Video 4:32
Reboot explained.

I hate the deer scene. :p

Tomb Raidering 02-09-19 14:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhons0529 (Post 8127531)
Reboot explained. I hate the deer scene. :p

#dontletlarabecomethehuntersheisdestinedtobe

After all the nitpicking, I realized that there are way too much plot-holes plaguing the Reboot era. Especially with Shadow.....

charmedangelin 02-09-19 14:56

Boy did Shadow make people mad. Usually in the comments people recommend a new video, but this is a first time I'm seeing people actually give flack about the game being talked about.

They really messed up with this game, the story really drove people away with it being so all over the place.

I think Paititi is the main problem of this game. It's where everything stops, the story changes focus on other characters, it's where the apocalypse is no longer a concern, the outfit restrictions, that one area destroyed this game.

Tomb Raidering 02-09-19 15:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by charmedangelin (Post 8127543)
Boy did Shadow make people mad.

Sins that are right IMO:

Too many plot-holes,
rushed character developments,
villains with ridiculous motives,
cutscenes ending and starting abruptly,
the plot is all about Lara (don’t say its a TR game :p),
Lara being too credule, naïve, and stupid (sometimes),
making people understand the story before Lara,
Lara’s wounds (and her way to deal with them),
Jonah being there for her all the time,
plot-armor,
plot saving Lara (convenient grenade, sniping, ziplines),
de-volution from 2013 Lara to Rise/Shadow Lara

charmedangelin 02-09-19 15:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering (Post 8127554)
Sins that are right IMO:

Too many plot-holes,
rushed character developments,
villains with ridiculous motives,
cutscenes ending and starting abruptly,
the plot is all about Lara (don’t say its a TR game :p),
Lara being too credule, naïve, and stupid (sometimes),
making the story understand the plot before Lara,
Lara’s wounds (and her way to deal with them),
Jonah being there for her all the time,
plot-armor,
plot saving Lara (convenient grenade, sniping, ziplines),
de-volution from 2013 Lara to Rise/Shadow Lara

Yeah I pretty much agreed with most of the video. I actually missed out on the massive contradiction between Rise and Shadow. The fact that Lara's father was supposed to have been obsessed with Immorality, but Shadow changes that to being obsessed with Paititi because it's a city of gold.

Why would Richard care about gold? He's already filthy rich, when exactly did he have the time to research both?

Also what was the point of them revealing about Lara's father being killed when they already did that in Rise?

If they went back and remade this game they should just delete Paititi from existence.

Tomb Raidering 02-09-19 15:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by charmedangelin (Post 8127560)
Yeah I pretty much agreed with most of the video. I actually missed out on the massive contradiction between Rise and Shadow. The fact that Lara's father was supposed to have been obsessed with Immorality, but Shadow changes that to being obsessed with Paititi because it's a city of gold.

Why would Richard care about gold? He's already filthy rich, when exactly did he have the time to research both?

Also what was the point of them revealing about Lara's father being killed when they already did that in Rise?

If they went back and remade this game they should just delete Paititi from existence.

Lara being shocked after Dominguez confessing about giving the order to kill Richard; which makes NO sense after Rise’s after-credits cutscene is the biggest sin for me. Is she stupid????

I think most of these plot holes and retcons are because of the transition from Crystal Dynamics to Eidos Montreal. CD could have at least developed Shadow themselves and THEN give the franchise to EM. People are actually right about Rise > Shadow. Open your eyes people :p

Quote:

If they went back and remade this game they should just delete Paititi from existence.
If they remake this game before AoD = Lara voice* You don’t know how nasty I can get... >.<

charmedangelin 02-09-19 17:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering (Post 8127566)
Lara being shocked after Dominguez confessing about giving the order to kill Richard; which makes NO sense after Rise’s after-credits cutscene is the biggest sin for me. Is she stupid????

I think most of these plot holes and retcons are because of the transition from Crystal Dynamics to Eidos Montreal. CD could have at least developed Shadow themselves and THEN give the franchise to EM. People are actually right about Rise > Shadow. Open your eyes people :p

If they remake this game before AoD = Lara voice* You don’t know how nasty I can get... >.<

They really should have had EM work on Avengers and CD finish TR. To me a lot of the retcons happened because EM wanted to continue the parental drama even though most of that was resolved in Rise. I don't even understand the need for her parents to be invovled again. Lara was already hunting Trinity after Rise, so I don't see why she would need her parents. She already knew that they killed her father.

The tsunami was probably the only good thing storywise that happened, everything after that was weak and everything after Paititi was dreadful.

Tomb Raidering 02-09-19 17:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by charmedangelin (Post 8127593)
They really should have had EM work on Avengers and CD finish TR. To me a lot of the retcons happened because EM wanted to continue the parental drama even though most of that was resolved in Rise. I don't even understand the need for her parents to be invovled again. Lara was already hunting Trinity after Rise, so I don't see why she would need her parents. She already knew that they killed her father.

The tsunami was probably the only good thing storywise that happened, everything after that was weak and everything after Paititi was dreadful.

She didn’t even become the Tomb Raider. She became a Shadow of it, tbh. They were right from the beginning when they said forget the old Lara.

This game’s pacing was terrible (‘cause of Paititi) and it didn’t have that ‘grandeur’ charm the previous two had.

Lara’s model got downgraded, because of... Paititi? The game didn’t even need lArGeE hubs, Geothermal Valley was JUST okay.

Jonah is always shoved to the side. What’s his use? Hmmm, let’s see. Help for the bridge puzzle to Kuwaq Yaku, make Lara talk about her parents in campscene, get Lara and Abby together for plot reasons, held captive by Unuratu for plot reasons, disappeared in Porvenir for Lara to rage and... cry (:vlol:)

Unuratu, Jacob, and Roth were all great supporting characters... that got killed.

Bow forced in 21st century. I understand 2013, but Rise & Shadow? Where you fight an evil military organization that has modern rifles, miniguns, and bombs? It could have been a minor weapon with the pistol focused.

Shorts and dual pistols are unrealistic, but sandals and a dress is.

This is the Reboot’s (Shadow’s :D) nitpicking thread tbh. Hahahaaa. If they want to keep this realistic and ultra story-driven approach they need to toughen up their game (pun intended)


All times are GMT. The time now is 21:38.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.