www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Anybody knows when the DLSS patch is going to drop? (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=226675)

Muhammad 18-10-21 11:23

Anybody knows when the DLSS patch is going to drop?

At what time I mean on Steam, Thanks!

UroshUchiha 18-10-21 13:18

It's out now. At least on Steam.
And it also removed Denuvo.

Raider8 18-10-21 13:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by UroshUchiha (Post 8325286)

Are there any performance differences after Denuvo removal? I just uninstalled Shadow like 2 days ago. Agghhhrrrr!!!!!!!

UroshUchiha 18-10-21 13:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider8 (Post 8325288)
Are there any performance differences after Denuvo removal? I just uninstalled Shadow like 2 days ago. Agghhhrrrr!!!!!!!

Too soon to tell. I doubt anyone had the time to do accurate tests yet. I would be very happy if Digital Foundry did a video now about ROTTR and SOTTR and compared performances.

Muhammad 18-10-21 13:49

Quote:

Ah hell yeah! Performance boost on my RTX 2060 baby here we go

Portugalraider 18-10-21 22:05

Quote:

They seemed to have added always online DRM, though. At least Shadow cannot be played offline now.

It could be an over-sight with how crossplay with Epic Store copies has been implemented though, because it seems to be linked to the Epic Store, even in Steam copies. But if it isn't, then it was a really ****** move from SE.

Edit: It might have been a problem with adding crossplay between Steam and Epic game copies. Hopefully everything will be fixed.

s0ulty 19-10-21 05:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider8 (Post 8325288)

I have ~30-40% performance uplift with the new patch in CPU intensive areas like Kuwaq Yaku etc., on a R3600. Pretty huge. Game also looks amazing now with new DLSS, the implementation is very good unlike what was in Rise which was very blurry. So runs great, looks fantastic. One negative is that RT shadow's r now fked, there's a problem with either filtering or denoiser, visible pixilation around edges.

Muhammad 22-10-21 14:17

I can no longer find anything on the internet about what they're doing to fix the update issues unfortunately

AntRaidsTombs 22-10-21 16:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhammad (Post 8325912)
I can no longer find anything on the internet about what they're doing to fix the update issues unfortunately

Last thing I remember seeing, and I meant to post here, is what they said on Twitter that they are working on the issue and then I remember something about a reddit. Iím not sure.

Portugalraider 22-10-21 17:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhammad (Post 8325912)

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs (Post 8325931)
Last thing I remember seeing, and I meant to post here, is what they said on Twitter that they are working on the issue and then I remember something about a reddit. Iím not sure.

Basically alongside DLSS for RotTR and DLSS 2.0 for SotTR, all three reboot games were to also have optional cross play between copies bought from Steam and Epic Store.

Unfortunately, the way cross-play was implemented had an error that made all three games unplayable offline, like if it had the always-online DRM from Epic, even in Steam copies of the game.

Because Denuvo DRM was also removed from both RotTR and SotTR, people feared it meant that DRM software had been replaced by the Epic version in all copies. However this was a mistake. A good indicator on why it was a mistake is TR2013, a game available for purchase DRM-free through GOG, was also being affected. The patch has been removed from all games until they fix how cross-play is handled.

Unfortunately, there is still no info on when the fixed patch will be released.

Muhammad 24-10-21 10:10

I don't usually rant, but it really amazes me how these patches with immediately visible problems were handled, and I was so hyped about the 18th Oct Release date

UroshUchiha 16-11-21 13:47

A new patch just dropped
https://steamcommunity.com/games/750...57400396673639
https://steamdb.info/patchnotes/7657335/

Portugalraider 16-11-21 14:47

Basically the same patch, but without the bug that would leak Epic Store's dumb always online DRM even on Steam copies.

Quite a shame the bug first occurred to begin with, but at least it has been fixed now, and we know SE didn't mean to replace Denuvo with something worse!

laracroftswest 19-11-21 00:37

How does it look with DLSS? Will probably update at some point this weekend.

Heartache 19-11-21 04:32

its really great. you get 4 different options. for performance you get a huge fps boost with a good picture. had overall around 120fps on 4k highest settings.

and with highest quality there is basically no more aliasing to be seen anywhere. not even all her little hair strands cast little steps anymore and i still had about 60fps overall. though i have a heavy machine

laracroftswest 20-11-21 18:55

^ thanks :tmb:

I've downloaded the update but now it's telling me my display driver is out of date yet I can't seem to find a place to update it and now can't activate DLSS :ponder:

In other news, looks like all of my interactive tutorial buttons are gone. For example, no pressing square to pick something up. Not sure if it's a glitch but I don't mind the immersion. Tried it in exploration mode and in challenge tombs...gone in both places. Please don't fix this lol